Motivational Quotes

Started by youbetterbelieveit, September 16, 2008, 05:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Have you not seen me??  Im a hunk.

I take it you have been subject to a few of the boul Seamie's motivational speeches????
Keep 'er lit

Billys Boots

In Castlegar, Galway (home of the Connollys) it was 'hup Cashel, whatever in any case'.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

nifan

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...  the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

gander

Quote from: gallsman on September 17, 2008, 02:48:54 AM
Anyone who posts the "Any Given Sunday" speech needs slapped.

for Gallsman!

I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes till the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to today. Now either we heal as a team or we're gonna crumble, inch by inch, play by play, 'til we're finished.

We're in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me. And, we can stay here -- get the shit kicked out of us -- or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell one inch at a time.

Now, I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around. I see these young faces, and I think -- I mean -- I made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know, when you get old in life things get taken from you. I mean that's...part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life's this game of inches. So is football. Because in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small -- I mean one-half a step too late, or too early, and you don't quite make it. One-half second too slow, too fast, you don't quite catch it.

The inches we need are everywhere around us.

They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch, because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the fuckin' difference between winning and losing! Between livin' and dyin'!

I'll tell you this: In any fight, it's the guy who's willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I'm gonna have any life anymore, it's because I'm still willin' to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what livin' is! The six inches in front of your face!!

Now I can't make you do it. You got to look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes! Now I think you're gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows, when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him!

That's a team, gentleman!

And, either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals.

That's football guys.

That's all it is.

Now, what are you gonna do?

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

The Watcher Pat

Score another one Micky and i'll buy you drink all nite..........works every time!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Lecale2

English Colonel in Italy " We didn't win at Dunkirk by running away and we're not going to run a way here!"

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: The Gs Man on September 17, 2008, 09:30:40 AM
Famous one by Seamus Hefferon when he took our school team:

"Lads, show the girls your Herald Cup medals and their knickers will drop right off."

We won it that year, but funny enough, no knickers dropped off.

The Bould Seamy said to me at a trial game for Armagh Minors a "few" years back " I was told you're a big, lazy, useless fcuker.  Go out an show me that you're not"  He was lucky big Liam McCorry was standing between us because I felt like ripping his little Anthill Mob head off his shoulders!  Anyway it worked as I went out and played the game of my life and made the panel.  Pity the feckers from the Lakeland county spoiled our parade that year :-[

The Gs Man

:D  he came out with some clinkers right enough.

He used to punch the face off us before matches.  Fellas were walking about with bruises all over the place!

I remember we were coming home from a match in Derry and he told us barry McGuigans house was on the left hand side.  20 fellas were looking out the window of the bus for McGuigans house.  20 miles later we still hadn't passed it.  We then stopped at his ma's house for rich tea biscuits.  Surreal day that was.
Keep 'er lit

kinghen

A motivational sheet handed out to Arsenal players ahead of their game with Bolton has been leaked.

While managers like Jose Mourinho and Sam Allardyce famously overload their players with details of opposition players and ProZone stats, this document is a simple A4 sheet of just 224 words.

The document was apparently drafted by a sports psychologist and was designed to motivate a team that had already played two difficult away games in the space of a few days.

Emphasis is firmly placed on the 'team' and advices the players to 'stay grounded and humble as a player and a person'.

The full advice is as follows...

CONFIDENTIAL

Team meeting 19th September 2008-09-22:

The team:

* A team is as strong as the relationships within it. The driving force of a team is its member's ability to create and maintain excellent relationships within the team that can add an extra dimension and robustness to the team dynamic.

* This attitude can be used by our team to focus on the gratitude and the vitally important benefits that the team brings to our own lives. It can be used to strengthen and deepen the relationships with it and maximise the opportunities that await a strong and united team.

Our team becomes stronger by:

* Displaying a positive attitude on and off the pitch

* Everyone making the right decisions for the team

* Have an unshakeable belief that we can achieve our target

* Believe in the strength of the team

* Always want more - always give more

* Focus on our communication

* Be demanding with yourself

* Be fresh and well prepared to win

* Focus on being mentally stronger and always keep going until the end

* When we play away from home, believe in our identity and play the football we love to play at home

* Stick together

* Stay grounded and humble as a player and a person

* Show the desire to win in all that you do

* Enjoy and contribute to all that is special about being in a team - don't take it for granted

Hardy

And sure if all that doesn't work, you'll have 50 grand in your pay packet at the end of the week to soften the blow.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: kinghen on September 23, 2008, 01:18:28 PM
A motivational sheet handed out to Arsenal players ahead of their game with Bolton has been leaked.

While managers like Jose Mourinho and Sam Allardyce famously overload their players with details of opposition players and ProZone stats, this document is a simple A4 sheet of just 224 words.

The document was apparently drafted by a sports psychologist and was designed to motivate a team that had already played two difficult away games in the space of a few days.

Emphasis is firmly placed on the 'team' and advices the players to 'stay grounded and humble as a player and a person'.

The full advice is as follows...

CONFIDENTIAL

Team meeting 19th September 2008-09-22:

The team:

* A team is as strong as the relationships within it. The driving force of a team is its member's ability to create and maintain excellent relationships within the team that can add an extra dimension and robustness to the team dynamic.

* This attitude can be used by our team to focus on the gratitude and the vitally important benefits that the team brings to our own lives. It can be used to strengthen and deepen the relationships with it and maximise the opportunities that await a strong and united team.

Our team becomes stronger by:

* Displaying a positive attitude on and off the pitch

* Everyone making the right decisions for the team

* Have an unshakeable belief that we can achieve our target

* Believe in the strength of the team

* Always want more - always give more

* Focus on our communication

* Be demanding with yourself

* Be fresh and well prepared to win

* Focus on being mentally stronger and always keep going until the end

* When we play away from home, believe in our identity and play the football we love to play at home

* Stick together

* Stay grounded and humble as a player and a person

* Show the desire to win in all that you do

* Enjoy and contribute to all that is special about being in a team - don't take it for granted

Must be working alright then!  :D
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME