Panorama- What the Police were never told.

Started by Zapatista, September 16, 2008, 07:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laceer

Quote from: Main Street on September 16, 2008, 03:44:49 PM
Open up the avatar link in a new page to get a better look  :-[

good call - who is it though?

under the bar

QuoteOpen up the avatar link in a new page to get a better look

How does one do that?

Hereiam

Not really the topic to be discussing under this thread.
Take it till this one  http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9148.0

Hereiam

Just finished watching Panorama and have to say its very frighting what the British Government could do in them days, with todays technology a computer would be monitoring every land line and mobile for key words in the north and the south and even in France for gods sake. I would say they would have every call made from the Dail, from Berie's mobile etc. They really did know everything that was taking place on this Island. I have to say in the early days when the misses & I would be talking on the telephone and you used to get an odd crackle in the phone we would joke that it was the brits listening...... they really were listening. With regards to Omagh.... after watching this I have no doubt that it was allowed to happen by the British Government. But as I said before why was Omagh picked as the target that day which is a mainly Nationalist town. You can say they picked Banbridge as its mainly prodestant, someone high up the ranks picked Omagh due to the fact that MI5 had them under there control and wanted to kill any support for the real IRA and its a sad fact Tony Blair & MI5 don't give one shit about the people over here as it has been seen down throughout the years if only some of the deluded loyalists would start using their wee brains and open there eyes, they would see that. I for one think that Britain has got too powerful and I know its a terrible thing to say but with the war in Iraq I hope Britain gets what is coming to it.

Zapatista

Quote from: Hereiam on September 17, 2008, 12:21:23 AM
Just finished watching Panorama and have to say its very frighting what the British Government could do in them days, with todays technology a computer would be monitoring every land line and mobile for key words in the north and the south and even in France for gods sake. I would say they would have every call made from the Dail, from Berie's mobile etc. They really did know everything that was taking place on this Island. I have to say in the early days when the misses & I would be talking on the telephone and you used to get an odd crackle in the phone we would joke that it was the brits listening...... they really were listening. With regards to Omagh.... after watching this I have no doubt that it was allowed to happen by the British Government. But as I said before why was Omagh picked as the target that day which is a mainly Nationalist town. You can say they picked Banbridge as its mainly prodestant, someone high up the ranks picked Omagh due to the fact that MI5 had them under there control and wanted to kill any support for the real IRA and its a sad fact Tony Blair & MI5 don't give one shit about the people over here as it has been seen down throughout the years if only some of the deluded loyalists would start using their wee brains and open there eyes, they would see that. I for one think that Britain has got too powerful and I know its a terrible thing to say but with the war in Iraq I hope Britain gets what is coming to it.

In all fairness Hereiam I don't think the RIRA are stupid enough to bomb town centres becuase they have a protestant population or avoid town centres with a catholic population. Anywhere choosen would have been for strategic reasons.

guy crouchback

at the end of the day the people responsible for the Omagh Bomb are those who made and planted it. the Guards the RUC and others may have  fucked up  but not doing your job correctly is not the same as making, driving and detonating a huge bomb.

Hereiam

Yes I do except what you say G.C but you can't deny that the British government knew about this and had the power to stop it. I don't believe for one second that they missed the calls.

Zapatista

Quote from: guy crouchback on September 17, 2008, 09:23:04 AM
at the end of the day the people responsible for the Omagh Bomb are those who made and planted it.

It is hardly that black and white. While they are responsible they are not the only ones responsible.

donalmac99

Quote from: Zapatista on September 17, 2008, 10:28:45 AM
Quote from: guy crouchback on September 17, 2008, 09:23:04 AM
at the end of the day the people responsible for the Omagh Bomb are those who made and planted it.

It is hardly that black and white. While they are responsible they are not the only ones responsible.

why, who else is responsible for building the bomb and detonating it?

i'd say that we, on here, know as little or as much as each other. lets not forget the victims amongst our finger pointing.

guy crouchback

QuoteRe: Panorama- What the Police were never told.
« Reply #22 on: Today at 10:28:45 AM »
Quote from: guy crouchback on Today at 09:23:04 AM

they are the only ones responsible. other may be responsible for other things, dereliction of duty, failure to act on information received ect , but only those involved in making planting and detonating the bomb are responsible for the bombing.

if i see a guy robbing and beating up  an old woman and do nothing to help her then i am guilty of not helping her, i am not guilty of beating her up or robbing her, nor am i responsible for her being beaten and robbed.

donalmac99

Quote from: guy crouchback on September 17, 2008, 03:08:01 PM
QuoteRe: Panorama- What the Police were never told.
« Reply #22 on: Today at 10:28:45 AM »
Quote from: guy crouchback on Today at 09:23:04 AM

they are the only ones responsible. other may be responsible for other things, dereliction of duty, failure to act on information received ect , but only those involved in making planting and detonating the bomb are responsible for the bombing.

if i see a guy robbing and beating up  an old woman and do nothing to help her then i am guilty of not helping her, i am not guilty of beating her up or robbing her, nor am i responsible for her being beaten and robbed.

very well said

ziggysego

Not quite the same.

Whilst blame should never be taken away from the people who planned, built and carried out the bomb, the British Government cannot wash it's hand of blame too. They knew in advance the names of the men, they knew what they were planning, they knew on the day of the bomb something was up and they were heading to Omagh.

They could have been stopped and should have been stopped.

But as I said, the RIRA should never be absolved of blame either.
Testing Accessibility

guy crouchback

QuoteNot quite the same.

Whilst blame should never be taken away from the people who planned, built and carried out the bomb, the British Government cannot wash it's hand of blame too. They knew in advance the names of the men, they knew what they were planning, they knew on the day of the bomb something was up and they were heading to Omagh.

fair enough ziggy, only that i think its blame for a very different thing. unless of course someone allowed the bombing to go ahead on purpose, as in could have stopped it and chose not to. in that case they are responsible for a crime that is just as heinouss as planting the bomb.

donalmac99

Quote from: ziggysego on September 17, 2008, 03:20:00 PM
Not quite the same.

you know that based on a televison programme?

ziggysego

Quote from: donalmac99 on September 17, 2008, 03:44:26 PM
you know that based on a televison programme?

Well no, but that's why we need a public enquiry donal.
Testing Accessibility