Sale on GAA clobber

Started by armaghchik, January 01, 2007, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghchik

I wish I was in wee Ireland, I don't care if I am in the North or South, but I love me GAA

ziggysego

Mmmmh, by chance do you work for them? ;)
Testing Accessibility

armaghchik

Nah just bumped in by the site and don't want anyone else miss out  ;D

Enjoy
I wish I was in wee Ireland, I don't care if I am in the North or South, but I love me GAA

never kickt a ball

First Gaelic life. Now gaastore.  ??? :'(

Tyrone Rua
£15.00 GBP
€23.19 EUR
$30.45 USD

Doesn't look like much of sale to me ;)

Cloc Mor

Old stock - forget about it.

Croí na hÉireann

Was on the gaastore there and they are selling nike and adidas tops with the old county council logos on them instead of the trademarked gaa county ones. Is this a recent development or have they been at this for a while? Was gonna order a couple of hurlógs but that has put me right off.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 30, 2012, 03:18:21 PM
Was on the gaastore there and they are selling nike and adidas tops with the old county council logos on them instead of the trademarked gaa county ones. Is this a recent development or have they been at this for a while? Was gonna order a couple of hurlógs but that has put me right off.

Some nice looking gear though all the same.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

fitzroyalty

Called into their store on Friday evening can't say I was impressed - the shop has gone to shit.

Went to pick up a replica club jersey (they stock North Armagh club gear) but they had none left and was told they wouldn't be ordering any more in.

When I asked why, the reason I was given was because they were going to be doing their own-brand club gear or something to that effect. I don't know if my club has authorised it and if so fair enough but given what they have done with Nike/Adidas gear and stupid made up logos, I'll be disappointed if they do something similar with club gear.

The stuff looks on their site looks terrible, who wants a Nike jacket with a bastardised Armagh crest, or an Adidas hoodie with a made up Donegal crest? Who even buys that crap? They're ordering in bulk cheap Nike/Adidas/Puma etc merchandise and sewing on these crests and selling them on. Pile of shite.

catchandkick

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 02, 2012, 12:50:05 AM
Called into their store on Friday evening can't say I was impressed - the shop has gone to shit.

Went to pick up a replica club jersey (they stock North Armagh club gear) but they had none left and was told they wouldn't be ordering any more in.

When I asked why, the reason I was given was because they were going to be doing their own-brand club gear or something to that effect. I don't know if my club has authorised it and if so fair enough but given what they have done with Nike/Adidas gear and stupid made up logos, I'll be disappointed if they do something similar with club gear.

The stuff looks on their site looks terrible, who wants a Nike jacket with a bastardised Armagh crest, or an Adidas hoodie with a made up Donegal crest? Who even buys that crap? They're ordering in bulk cheap Nike/Adidas/Puma etc merchandise and sewing on these crests and selling them on. Pile of shite.

Agreed with all of above. Used to be very good.

Are they even allowed legally to be bastardising county crests like the below?

http://www.thegaastore.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5079

thejuice

Some of them look better than the official jersies.  I don't think its such a bad idea, its nice to have a choice for once. However they have made a rather fatal mistake of putting the Meath crest on BLUE nike and adidas tops.

I wonder who owns the copyright for these new crests. The official crests I assume are property of the GAA or are they the counties? Do meath GAA get a cut from jersey sales? I hope so.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

screenexile

Quote from: thejuice on December 03, 2012, 09:23:50 AM
Some of them look better than the official jersies.  I don't think its such a bad idea, its nice to have a choice for once. However they have made a rather fatal mistake of putting the Meath crest on BLUE nike and adidas tops.

I wonder who owns the copyright for these new crests. The official crests I assume are property of the GAA or are they the counties? Do meath GAA get a cut from jersey sales? I hope so.

As far as I know all the new Crests you see on the O'Neills clobber is copyrighted by the County Board so they get the cash for it.

fitzroyalty

No harm lads but the gear is crap. It's cheap shite shipped over from china or wherever and then has those badges sewn on. O'Neill's might be dear but at least it lasts (and is indigenous!)

laoislad

Sure all Nike/Adidas gear is made in China and it's always decent quality stuff.
I like the Laois gear on it,I'd say its 10 times better than the crap Azzurri makes anyway.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Croí na hÉireann

A lesson there then for the O'Neills and Azzurri designers.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

DuffleKing

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 03, 2012, 08:52:23 PM
No harm lads but the gear is crap. It's cheap shite shipped over from china or wherever and then has those badges sewn on. O'Neill's might be dear but at least it lasts (and is indigenous!)

Same as O'Neill's then