Chicago Town

Started by An Fear Rua, September 12, 2008, 03:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

No, not the pizza Nail.

Im staying there for a few nights enroute to Seattle.
Any recommendations , decent bars restaurants?

Looking at booking Hugos Frog bar, anyone been?
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

The Blues house is good craic. ESPN Zone if you are into American Sports for a feed and to drink beer while watching the game. Fadó is there as well if you want a bag of Tayto.

Michael Jordan has a bar there too I think.

If the Cubbies are playing at home, that;s worth a spin too.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 12, 2008, 03:46:03 PM
The Blues house is good craic. ESPN Zone if you are into American Sports for a feed and to drink beer while watching the game. Fadó is there as well if you want a bag of Tayto.

Michael Jordan has a bar there too I think.

If the Cubbies are playing at home, that;s worth a spin too.

Ill have NWAF in tow, and heading for the NFL on Nov2nd in seattle, so doubt Ill get much more rope to hang myself, as Ill be catching the utd game in Seattle too!
Its Grim up North

behind the wire

was there for a week during the summer. nice city, along the lake front is very nice.

didnt go to any bars or night spots but did get to the cheesecake factory in the john hancock building, great place altogether!!! would definitely reccommend it!
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

corn02

Give Doire Na Raithe a PM.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: An Fear Rua on September 12, 2008, 03:44:20 PM
No, not the pizza Nail.

Im staying there for a few nights enroute to Seattle.
Any recommendations , decent bars restaurants?

Looking at booking Hugos Frog bar, anyone been?

???

>:(

Bensars

If you are staying downtown head to Rush St or Division st.

Yes Jordan has a place but its just like any major sports bar.

Ed debevics is good. The thrive on rude staff ( its only in jest) but good if youre with someone who doesnt know. The more abuse you give them the better. Its the theme ! If memory serves me right its across from the Rock n Roll Hardrock cafe.

In regards to the baseball game IMO avoid like the  plague, its the most numbskullingly boring sport i have ever sat through.

DrinknHarp

For the bar scene hit Lincoln Park and Wriggleyville areas

Lincoln Park
Big Nasty (Super Fun), Bamboo Bernies (tropical theme Drink served in a Fish Bowl), John Barleycorn (Irish Pub) and Kingston Mines (Blues) and GameKeepers (sports).

Wrigleyville
HighTops(recommended), Muphy's Bleachers, Cubby Bear and Bernies. (All sports bar themed with dancing, good times and TONS of ladies).

Go to      www.pubclub.com/chicago   where you will find places to eat, drink and stay.

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: DrinknHarp on September 12, 2008, 05:59:48 PM
For the bar scene hit Lincoln Park and Wriggleyville areas

Lincoln Park
Big Nasty (Super Fun), Bamboo Bernies (tropical theme Drink served in a Fish Bowl), John Barleycorn (Irish Pub) and Kingston Mines (Blues) and GameKeepers (sports).

Wrigleyville
HighTops(recommended),[b] Murphy's Bleachers, [/b] Cubby Bear and Bernies. (All sports bar themed with dancing, good times and TONS of ladies).

Go to      www.pubclub.com/chicago   where you will find places to eat, drink and stay.

ta se mor

new devil

Heading to chicago next week...going to a notre dame game on the 27th can not wait....but  its a 12hr drive  :'( :'(

Bensars

Quote from: new devil on September 13, 2008, 11:28:56 PM
Heading to chicago next week...going to a notre dame game on the 27th can not wait....but  its a 12hr drive  :'( :'(

12hrs ?   By bicycle maybe. Its about 3 -4 hrs. Around 180 miles as far as i can remember. Your lucky to get a ticket. Theres a 20 year wait ( or something similar ) on season tickets

Think bamboo bernies has closed now. ( ah the memories ! )

new devil

No i ment its a 12hr drive from new york to chicago.. 1hr and 45mins to southbend from chicago

new devil

Got the tickets on stubhub..any amount of them available

Carmen Stateside

bignifanatic

Quote from: new devil on September 14, 2008, 04:27:14 PM
No i ment its a 12hr drive from new york to chicago.. 1hr and 45mins to southbend from chicago

That trip is more like 20 hours.