OWC intimidation continues, Donagh joins the hitlist and Sickboy goes nuclear

Started by Donagh, September 09, 2008, 02:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

The OWC, by not permanently banning that poster, is so far out of order its ridiculous.
Dont be suprised if Tony is confronted again, perhaps in a more nasty fashion next time.

Solomon Kanes comment that he didnt have the "balls" to be anything but meek when an OWC poster turned up in his office are outrageous and sick. Views on internet forums should be kept there, and never result in people confronting each other "face to face" about these views.

If Tony is confronted at his work place and / or attacked, OWC should be reported to the police immediately. I believe his details were deliberately poster there, and deliberatly left there, so people with sinister intentions could act on it.

This is beyond a joke, I truly believe OWC have left Tony in physical danger here.

No matter how bitter or twister I think someones views are on here, I would never even consider revealing their personal details or work address. Thats inciting trouble.

Incidentally has anyone ever done this on here before?
Ask me holy bollix

gallsman

Quote from: his holiness nb on September 10, 2008, 03:19:31 PM
Incidentally has anyone ever done this on here before?

Our dearly departed "friend" Slim Shady used to be very fond of outing people.

nifan

hhn, i agree it was a disgrace, but if anyone wanted to track tony down they would be able to do so very easily.
If something did happen to him it could be difficult to say it was due to the post on OWC -
Tony has made himself a known figure by his constant "campaign", and highlights every time there is a picture of him in the paper or whatever.

small white mayoman

Quote from: nifan on September 10, 2008, 03:38:20 PM
hhn, i agree it was a disgrace, but if anyone wanted to track tony down they would be able to do so very easily.
If something did happen to him it could be difficult to say it was due to the post on OWC -
Tony has made himself a known figure by his constant "campaign", and highlights every time there is a picture of him in the paper or whatever.

As they said in the blues brothers tony seems to be " on a mission from god" ;)
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

his holiness nb

Thats true nifan, but OWC plain and simple gave out his address and no, no "tracking down" needed, I beleive this was deliberate.
If anything happened it would be very difficult to prove it was OWCs fault yes. But that wouldnt mean its not their fault, just that it cant be proven.

They are getting into very murky waters with that sort of carry on. I think they know themselves this sort of thing could put Tony in danger, and I think this is why the details were poster AND this is why the mods left them there long enough for plenty to see them.
Ask me holy bollix

full back

if anyone wanted to track tony down they would be able to do so very easily.

Its a lot easier now that some cnut released his personal details on a forum
If fat Fearon wants to release his own details he has every right to, but it doesnt mean someone else can

dublinfella

And as such should be far more responsible about what he posts, especially when he decides to get personal.

He is from Portadown, knows the score and simply should have had more cop on.

AZOffaly

I think that's inarguable dublinfella. But two wrongs do not make a right. That stuff should never have been put in the public domain.

nifan

Quote from: full back on September 10, 2008, 03:44:23 PM
If fat Fearon wants to release his own details he has every right to, but it doesnt mean someone else can

agreed, what i mean is i really dont think the details released have added much to his danger level, other than saving someone 10 seconds on google had they wanted it.
If someone was in any way motivated to have a pop at him the could easily have done

AZOffaly

Quote from: nifan on September 10, 2008, 03:49:35 PM
Quote from: full back on September 10, 2008, 03:44:23 PM

agreed, what i mean is i really dont think the details released have added much to his danger level, other than saving someone 10 seconds on google had they wanted it.
If someone was in any way motivated to have a pop at him the could easily have done

That's a moot point nifan. What is not debatable is whether someone on OWC should have posted that information.

lurgan-gael

boils down to principle,especially in this context. you don't just go publishing someone else's details

dublinfella

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 10, 2008, 03:46:58 PM
I think that's inarguable dublinfella. But two wrongs do not make a right. That stuff should never have been put in the public domain.

Fearons original post?  ;)

I have yet to see anyone argue otherwise. But the point here is, sinister and all as putting somones place of work up is, he, of all people, was on the OWC winding them up, using his own name as his handle, about a very nasty incident. He got his reaction and hadn't the good sense to retain his anonymity.

Nifan is substantivly right. A search of this site would give you his workplace, where to find photos and a good stab at where he lived. OWC shouldnt have posted what they did, but he needs to dramatically get a grip if he thinks he can carry on like that.

nifan

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 10, 2008, 03:50:28 PM
That's a moot point nifan. What is not debatable is whether someone on OWC should have posted that information.

im not defending posting his details in any way.
I just dont know how much additional danger it has added.

his holiness nb

Dublinfella bypasses soccer fans disgraceful actions and instead makes a point that the victim, a gaa fan, was asking for it shocker!!
Ask me holy bollix

bennydorano

Where did Mr Fearon make the comments that have this fatwah on the go?  Had a look through his posting history here and there's nada.