Betting Odd for the Final

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 05, 2008, 04:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filthylittlebeast

"Ladbrokes Gaelic Football final betting
01 September 2008

The big two have it to themselves now as Kerry and Tyrone face each other in the 2008  All Ireland Football Final on September 21st. 

Ladbroke odds on the game suggest it will be tight with slight preference for The Kingdom (4-6) in their match betting.  Ladbrokes spokesperson Donal McCarthy commented "For bookmakers it's been a tough enough summer with both of our long term favourites Kerry and Kilkenny reaching their respective finals. We badly need either Tyrone or Waterford to cause an upset"

All Ireland Football Final Odds
4-6 Kerry
13-8 Tyrone
15-2 Draw

Ok boys and girls - there's the odds so far !! Wonder what way the odds will go right up to the day before the match?? Who's putting their money on Kerry and who's putting their money on Tyrone???   Come on Be REALISTIC !!

I think its going to be extremely difficult and could even turn out to be a draw !! Being a loyal Tyrone supporter, I would love to say Tyrone but u just never know !! Tyrone has beaten them before buy Kerry has learnt from their mistakes of the past !

dodgy umpire

those odds for a draw look very tempting
The Boys in Red and Black are back

20leg-end08

I genuinely can't see Tyrone not winning but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to a replay.
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

tyssam5

I was taking a gander at Boylesports there, Tyrone at 7/4, plus they match your first bet up to 50 sterling - so effectively 7/2, we are worth those odds..

Mickeys beard

Proud to say that I put twenty on Tyrone a few weeks before the Louth game.  Ladbrokes in Limerick gave me sixteen to one.  On hearing this, my own brother replied, "Cod.  Louth will bate them tomorrow week", my barber Chuckled, "Hair today, gone tomorrow!",  and my wife....well I didn't tell her until after the Dublin game.  Not being a betting man, even then, I felt that something was different about this year, then again, I say that every year.  So, a Tyrone victory would be tinged with sweetness for me, with 320 euros in the back pocket, a fist full of  "told you so's", for the brother, the barber and the wife as well as a new photo of Dooher lifting Sam for the dashboard. ;)   
Boil the Drawers!

ONeill

Sounds like a dysfunctional family if you ask me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

One of the bookies was giving 33-1 on Tyrone for the All Ireland before the Louth game - thought it was Ladbrokes. Paddy Power had them at 25-1. If you only got 16-1 you were done.

ONeill

Done or not, to be sitting on 16-1 is pretty impressive....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

time ticking away

I know a man who knows a girl, who useta be friends with a fella who went to college and was in the same class as a girl whose boyfriends cousin put £50 on Tyrone to win the AI at 33/1 the Monday after they lost to Down.
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Mickeys beard

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on September 05, 2008, 10:10:34 PM
One of the bookies was giving 33-1 on Tyrone for the All Ireland before the Louth game - thought it was Ladbrokes. Paddy Power had them at 25-1. If you only got 16-1 you were done.

Ah well, most doubters didn't do the bet at all.  I'll take sixteen! 
Boil the Drawers!

armaghniac

QuoteOne of the bookies was giving 33-1 on Tyrone for the All Ireland before the Louth game

It was Boylesports.  :)

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

blanketattack

Boylesports were giving 16/1 on Waterford as well so a Tyrone/Waterford double was 577/1. If you put €50 e/w you'd have almost €5000 already and potentially another €29,000!

Uladh

armaghniac

QuoteIf you put €50 e/w you'd have almost €5000 already and potentially another €29,000!

I think Kilkenny have killed off that particular double quite conclusively.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B