Cheap Flights to America

Started by Off The Fence, September 03, 2008, 04:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Off The Fence

Lads and Lasses,

Major problem I need help with.  Aer Lingus are doing a great deal at the minute to fly to the States.  Was planning to head over Christmas (return for 420 Euro).  Now the boss has thrown a spanner in the works and said I cant go on my selected dates, which basically fooks the whole thing up.  Other dates would be too expensive and have tried BA and US Airways, too pricey.  Can anyone reccomend any good decent preiced airlines or help me out in any way here?  Any Help would be greatly appreciated!

gawa316

Where abouts are you flying to and on what dates?

The wife and I are heading back to hers for xmas and new years but are getting quoted about 650euro by aer lingus

orangeman

orangeman

J70

Continental and Delta fly to the NYC area as well from Ireland. US Airways go to Philadelphia. If you want to go via London or Manchester there should be plenty more options, especially as there should be quite a few who stop at Heathrow. Expedia always works pretty well for me when I'm seeking out deals.

bingobus

Was looking at American Airlines the other day and they where coming in at about 420-450, connecting flight from Dublin to Gatwick included in that price.

full back

gawa316

It's actually 720 euro they are quoting. Is the price of the dollar going to keep dropping?

orangeman

Quote from: gawa316 on September 03, 2008, 04:44:56 PM
It's actually 720 euro they are quoting. Is the price of the dollar going to keep dropping?

Seems so.

aontroim

J70

I got a pretty good deal a few years back on KLM, although that of course means a connection in Amsterdam. If a few extra hours travelling is worth the cash saving, it might be worth your while checking some of the big continental hubs. I think it was about an hour or bit more to Amsterdam and then the same added to the transatlantic flight. Not sure what the extra time to Frankfurt would be - I would assume you'd add two hours flying time to each flight.

magickingdom

aer lingus have loads of dates at around the e500 mark, your not going to beat that by much

MayoMan

give me the dates, destination and prefered departure and i'll look up a few of the sites i have..... whats the price to beat at the moment??

An Fear Rua

Quote from: MayoMan on September 03, 2008, 08:56:32 PM
give me the dates, destination and prefered departure and i'll look up a few of the sites i have..... whats the price to beat at the moment??

Manchester > Seattle via NYC for a day or so on the way back. Halloween in Seattle......

Its Grim up North

gawa316

Quote from: MayoMan on September 03, 2008, 08:56:32 PM

dublin - San Fran 17th-19th Dec return on the 5th Jan, about 716 euro is best i can find, cheers in advance