Gaelic Life

Started by Out in Front, December 30, 2006, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redandblack4ever

I got Mr. redandblack4ever a subscription to Gaelic Life last August. We both look forward to getting on-line on Friday mornings to read all the latest. It was money well spent.
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

Ulick

Don't know about Brolly this week. I'm no fan of McGurn especially after the Irish flop in the last rugby world cup when the whole team looked burnt out. However it is still early days and I'd deserve judgement until I see how the boys last 70 mins on a hot Clones Sunday.

Jarleth Burns was on the money this week though.

ONeill

Was Brolly's article not 6 years too late?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mountainboii

Quote from: Ulick on March 25, 2011, 11:32:25 PM
Don't know about Brolly this week. I'm no fan of McGurn especially after the Irish flop in the last rugby world cup when the whole team looked burnt out. However it is still early days and I'd deserve judgement until I see how the boys last 70 mins on a hot Clones Sunday.

Haven't seen this article, but I have to say I'm a bit bemused by some of the McGurn bashing lately. If he's there simply as a strength and conditioning coach, then he's doing a solid job. Individually our players look fine, with several in appreciably better shape than ever before. Armagh's current problems are in the areas of talent and tactics, and as a s&c coach I wouldn't have thought McGurn is in a position to do much about these deficiencies. An easy, high profile, target.

our_fella

AFS, having spoken to a member of the panel recently regarding McGurns part in their sessions, he takes all the ball drills while the mgt team take a back seat

DuffleKing

Quote from: AFS on March 26, 2011, 01:47:44 AM

Haven't seen this article, but I have to say I'm a bit bemused by some of the McGurn bashing lately. If he's there simply as a strength and conditioning coach, then he's doing a solid job. Individually our players look fine, with several in appreciably better shape than ever before. Armagh's current problems are in the areas of talent and tactics, and as a s&c coach I wouldn't have thought McGurn is in a position to do much about these deficiencies. An easy, high profile, target.

unless he's also taking the football at training...

ck

You say he is an easy target, why wouldnt he be - Armagh are the only county with a full time strength coach on a full time salary!... he has never played or coached GAA at any level YET he is now taking ball drills too?! It's not McGurn I blame, it's O'Rourke. Armaghs tactics were awful defensive v Kerry, maybe McGurn is doing tactics too? Does O'Rourke do anything?
Look at Kevin Walsh in Sligo and Jim McGuinness in Donegal... both are managing, coaching and doing all the weights with their teams. Sligo and Donegal are both going rightly. Maybe county boards should look for managers who can actually do things for their team and not high proflile ex county players who dont seem to be able to do anything!

mountainboii

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 26, 2011, 12:48:03 PM

unless he's also taking the football at training...

If that's the case, then there are a number of people you'd have to ask questions of before you get to McGurn.

muppet

Quote from: redandblack4ever on March 25, 2011, 11:18:22 PM
I got Mr. redandblack4ever a subscription to Gaelic Life last August. We both look forward to getting on-line on Friday mornings to read all the latest. It was money well spent.

You should pay double.
MWWSI 2017

Feckitt

Just got an email from Gaelic Life to say that their paper will now be coming out on a Thursday every week.

Everyone should try and support this paper as best they can.  For £1 it's a terriffic read.

redandblack4ever

Quote from: muppet on March 26, 2011, 08:26:34 PM
Quote from: redandblack4ever on March 25, 2011, 11:18:22 PM

You should pay double.

Why should we pay double, because we live in the US?  You're a fool.
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Feckitt on April 13, 2011, 03:10:23 PM
Just got an email from Gaelic Life to say that their paper will now be coming out on a Thursday every week.

Everyone should try and support this paper as best they can.  For £1 it's a terriffic read.

Totally agree.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ogshead

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 25, 2011, 02:33:55 PM
Quote from: ck on December 23, 2010, 12:39:04 AM
Rather strangely I have only recently started reading GL and I think it's excellent. My main problem is it's availability. I travel for work and can rarely find it in main retail outlets especially across Belfast, Antrim and Down.
The fact that GL is still going strong shows how they have hit the mark and are totally inside the heads of the average Ulster gael.

This was posted a while ago I know but Centra do sell the GL - especially the one across the road from the bot.

The Centra at St Georges Market sell it as well.

Hoof Hearted

anyone able to post Brolly's article from last friday. It was brilliant
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ONeill

Coming out on the Thursday suits better. Good to hear too that there'll be a greater club focus.

Also glad to hear that sickener Hallion has been laid off.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.