Gaelic Life

Started by Out in Front, December 30, 2006, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Sean Cavanaghs interview but Brolly is the jewell in the crown every week!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Norf Tyrone

To be honest lads I think it's pure quality every week, and can't understand any negative comments. It's highly informative, and doesn't take itself too seriously.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gaffer

And being a former caption winner I can vouch for their Gaelic Life mug and ball!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

Quote from: hardstation on December 13, 2008, 10:17:43 PM
Always meant to enter the caption comps. The captions are always shite.

Mine ws hiliarious.

In fact , I'm in stitches now thinking of it.

HO ! HO! HO! HE! HE! HE!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: hardstation on December 13, 2008, 10:17:43 PM
Always meant to enter the caption comps. The captions are always shite.

My two were exquisite too, you should have been there, though they only gave me one mug and ball, feckers!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tony Baloney

Can't really fault the paper any week. High quality production and a lot of work obviously goes into it every week. Think the interviews with the college players are a waste of time as their answers are always jessica alba, pasta and chicken and australia!

The captions have been pish. Don't think I.ve cracked a smile at one yet.

saffron sam2

I've heard you only get 40 quid for an article from the Gaelic Life. Still quadruple what you getting for writing Man of the Month columns in Gael Sports Ulster and enough to buy a hooky iPod from hardstation's brother.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2008, 11:39:49 PM
Wait a week, Tony, wait a week. Can anyone come up with a cracker and I'll enter as H Station? You can have the ball and mug, I just want my name in it.

Also to the GL people on the board, can I enter the fantasy thing as a late entrant? I was waiting on getting a full list of players from each county, which only came this week, before I picked my team.
"Who says Mayo have no bottle?" It's a start! :-\

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on December 20, 2008, 12:40:39 AM
"Mayomen empty the Belcoo off licence".
Don't worry you have until Dec 31st!

Gaffer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 19, 2008, 11:33:52 PM
Can't really fault the paper any week. High quality production and a lot of work obviously goes into it every week. Think the interviews with the college players are a waste of time as their answers are always jessica alba, pasta and chicken and australia!

OK Mr Tony Baloney. we will look forward to you having us rolling in laughter at one of yours shortly

rrhf

I always wondered why the same blade wins the mug every week. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2008, 01:54:00 AM

OK Mr Tony Baloney. we will look forward to you having us rolling in laughter at one of yours shortly
Maybe I missed yours then  ;) Sure post on here what the pic was and your accompanying caption and see if it passes the test!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 20, 2008, 12:36:45 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2008, 01:54:00 AM

Maybe I missed yours then  ;) Sure post on here what the pic was and your accompanying caption and see if it passes the test!

No need

You have lready said that they were pish so you included mine in it!!

Tony Baloney

Now now don't be so sensitive. Maybe I missed that edition.

Are you a girl?