Gaelic Life

Started by Out in Front, December 30, 2006, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ExiledGael on July 29, 2007, 04:40:35 PM
I see McSherry had a go at our distinguished board in the paper at the weekend as well as name dropping a few of our famous posters, ofcourse Ziggy gets a mention with a few others

See: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=3961.0
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

new devil

What happened to team talk's email mag?

Red Nose Red Hand

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 25, 2007, 11:34:48 PM
Not that we would read it in a real Province like Connacht  :D

The same column is in today's Irish Mail on Sunday

ziggysego

Quote from: ExiledGael on July 29, 2007, 04:40:35 PM
I see McSherry had a go at our distinguished board in the paper at the weekend as well as name dropping a few of our famous posters, ofcourse Ziggy gets a mention with a few others

He didn't really have a go at our board, more the danger of personal attacks and that they do be heard. He did say that this is a great board, unlike another which isn't the Cusack Stand ;)
Testing Accessibility

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Red Nose Red Hand on July 29, 2007, 05:58:57 PM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 25, 2007, 11:34:48 PM
Not that we would read it in a real Province like Connacht  :D

The same column is in today's Irish Mail on Sunday

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

ONeill

Great issue this week.

Declan Bogue is cut above most northern journos.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

What about Dromore's Cathal Mc Carron for number 3?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Mc Carron is a great player alright.

Norf Tyrone

I think it's always great!
I am no great intelliect and as such issues outside Tyrone have very little appeal to me. However there are very few articles in the GL that I don't read. Every article is well researched and written as well as being stylishly presented that you are compelled to read it.
My problem is getting time to read it all in 7 days!

I really hope that those in GL towers are getting rewarded via readership for their excellent job.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Seany

I agree, Norf Tyrone.  A brilliant read. Always a toss up as to who i should go to first.  usually Brolly, where I scan to see who he has a funny dig at (great piece this week0, then jarleth for more earthy stuff with a bit of humour thrown in too, over to Sledger then to see what he's on about.  pete is taking a while to warm up, but he'll ge tinto the groove soon. Interesting he knocked Brolly off the back page last week, but Joe is back where he belongs this week.

It is now a must buy and not bad considering it's October when we're all in gaa hibernation...

Gold

I never miss it--think its a great read and hope its here for the long haul.

Im enjoying John Kane's sport psychologist bit also thats been going for about the last 3 weeks

Brolly's is a great read-he seems to be awful fond of Big Geoffrey!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Cloc Mor

Quote from: Gold on October 27, 2007, 08:09:52 PM

Im enjoying John Kane's sport psychologist bit also thats been going for about the last 3 weeks

Is that the same John Kane (son of Val) who used to teach in the Abbey and likes to use video cameras?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Gold

Quote from: Cloc Mor on October 27, 2007, 08:18:04 PM
Quote from: Gold on October 27, 2007, 08:09:52 PM

Is that the same John Kane (son of Val) who used to teach in the Abbey and likes to use video cameras?

aye think he taught in the Abbey alright..whats this about the video cameras?!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Redhandfan

I still find The Gaelic Life to be a very good read each week....each of the journos and the weekly columnists come across as being genuine GAA people with a strong feel for the Association at all levels.  I just love the anti-GPA stance of most of the writers.  Jarlath Burns, for me, is now the paper's number one columnist....taking over from Brolly (whose fantasizing over big Geoffrey of late has been a bit disturbing!).  McSherry is always a good read as well. 

The Gaelic Life certainly has its finger on the pulse when it comes to GAA matters in Ulster and I enjoyed reading Alan Rodgers' exclusive interview with Edwin Poots.  Did you see the glare young Rodgers was giving him in that photograph at Stormont buildings?  Poots and those big DUP lugs of his appeared slightly ruffled by the Red Knight.