EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Tyrone GAA - SoN is Back!

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 01, 2008, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: tieroan on September 08, 2008, 08:58:39 AM
Boys and girls, will half off you go away and catch yourselves on. I know for a fact, and it was not Pete Donnelly who told me, that all the players did not agree with Stevie returning but they decided that the majority rules. One player actually said "if he comes back and gets on before me, I wont be inthe city west on Sunday night".
It is also interesting to note (bearing in mind they always go against the flow anyway) that at a question and answers night in Carrickmore in Saturday night Sean Kelly actually put the vote to a packed Parochial hall as to whether it was right or not that Stephen returned. The response was very much split. Bernard Flynn, who was on the panel, said Sean Boylan would have had a mutiny on his hands if it happen in his day.

It kind of did happen when Colm Coyle was brought back into the panel at a late stage during the championship years ago. Can't remember when exactly (Hardy or one of the lads might know) but I think he had been in America for a while. I believe he got some doing in his first training session.
Lyons, Harnan & Co. were lining up to welcome him back. ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Over the Bar

QuoteSean Kelly actually put the vote to a packed Parochial hall as to whether it was right or not that Stephen returned.

A dirty, hairy wee Kerryman trying to stir up dissention in Tyrone.  Now there's a surprise.  ;D

his holiness nb

Jaysus ye Tyrone lads are fierce touchy these days, doesnt take much to make you "anti tyrone".
All this hoop la about Tyrone having the strongest bond and team spirit etc etc is a bit silly. Stop hyping everything up about your team to legendary proportions, its impossible to compare one teams "bond" with anothers, just say theres a good team spirit and leave it there, no need to get carried away.

I do have a lot of time for Tyrone, but its that sort of talk that annoys me sometimes. One of the best sets of fans in the country imo, but tend to hype things too much. Things like a decent shoulder in a game (Cavanagh on Bellew) being spoken of years later in legendary terms is a bit cringeworthy to be honest.

And ye say us are the ones for hyping our team up!

That and the angry and sometimes abusive replies to the slightest mild criticism on here would be the only issues I would have with an otherwise great set of supporters.

Ask me holy bollix

Armamike

Quote from: his holiness nb on September 08, 2008, 01:22:25 PM

I do have a lot of time for Tyrone, but its that sort of talk that annoys me sometimes. One of the best sets of fans in the country imo, but tend to hype things too much. Things like a decent shoulder in a game (Cavanagh on Bellew) being spoken of years later in legendary terms is a bit cringeworthy to be honest.

:D Amen to that.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Jinxy

Quote from: his holiness nb on September 08, 2008, 01:22:25 PM
Jaysus ye Tyrone lads are fierce touchy these days, doesnt take much to make you "anti tyrone".

Hmmm, that sounds like anti-Tyrone talk to me.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Bensars

HHN, the reality is that you are pigeon holing the majority of Tyrone support by whats a few people are posting.

The reality is that most feel it will be a very tight game. Some have a confidence that Tyrone will one but not the extent that things are blown out of proportion.

As you always say about the dubs , dont Judge the hill by some of the idiots on it !

PS. IMO i thought the hit on whelan was better ;)

his holiness nb

Quote from: Bensars on September 08, 2008, 01:33:06 PM
HHN, the reality is that you are pigeon holing the majority of Tyrone support by whats a few people are posting.

Ah jaysus I thought it was obvious I wasnt referring to every single Tyrone fan. Of course I didnt mean that. Just a proportion of the posters on here, and I'm not exactly calling them evil or anything.  ;) Just a mild criticism.

Of course being a Dub, I'd know all about being tarred with the one brush and wouldnt do it to another counties fans.

Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

Jinxy - 1988, I think it was that Coyle went to Chicago and then came back well into the championship. I can't remember when exactly - before a big game - either the Leinster final or the AIF. I should remember better - I've just finished re-reading Hayes's book where it's covered, but the ould brain won't dredge it up and the book is out on loan.

filthylittlebeast

Kerry not concerned about O'Neill - Ó Sé

Tuesday, September 16

Kerry are solely focused on their own game and are not unduly concerned by the return of Stephen O'Neill to the Tyrone panel, according to Tomás Ó Sé.

Indeed, the An Gaeltacht man believes that - with or without their returning star - Tyrone will pose a massive challenge to the defending champions on Sunday.

"As a footballer, [Stephen] is one of the best of the last 10 years. He is a very difficult forward to mark. I don't know what the angle is with his coming back.

"I wouldn't expect him to start. I would expect him to come in and give the Tyrone crowd and team a bit of a lift. But we're not really concerned about it. We have no plans for it," Ó Sé told the Irish Examiner.

The Kingdom veteran is well aware of the dangers that the Ulster side will threaten with, adding: "Had Tyrone been in the position Cork were against us in the second half of the semi-final, we would have been beaten.

"Tyrone are the best in the country in coming forward, supporting fellas and hand-passing. They rarely kick the ball away.

"They have a big full-forward [in Sean Cavanagh] inside and they rarely kick a high ball into him. They rarely hit a loose ball, which will make it harder for us to get a few turnovers."

Ó Sé concluded: "Any time Kerry are in an All-Ireland final you want to win it.

"It doesn't matter who is above there in Croke Park, whether it is Dublin or Tyrone or Mayo or Armagh. We will play whoever is there. Just because it is Tyrone doesn't mean we want it more than any other year."

oooooohhhhh I get the faint impression that the Kerry men are doubtful of a win on Sunday !!

fred the red

I heard a rumour today that O'Neill isnt really back, and was used to divert the attention off the rest of the tyrone squad in the build up to the game.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

filthylittlebeast

Don't think so! he's too well groomed to have one!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Puckoon

Why they wearing the old shirts for the portraits?

maggie

So really the main reason SON came back is so that he could get Mon and Tues of school.
I like his thinking ;)