EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Tyrone GAA - SoN is Back!

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 01, 2008, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2008, 12:57:42 PM
What it all boils down to is Harte's shrewdness. He knows he hasn't got a marquee forward to seriosuly challenge Kerry and knows full well that while the likes of backs out of position like Mc Mahon, the ageing Dooher and Colm Mc Cullagh might get you over the likes of Wexford and Dublin, they carry no wehere near sufficient ability to concern Kerry
when I signed up here, I used to feel sorry for you, lads always giving u shiit.......now I see why..........fuccckkkk off u fat git

cadhlancian

Quote from: Bacon on September 04, 2008, 05:18:08 PM
hard to know what to make of this. If he is fit enough he's good enough but as someone said earlier Kerry don't play in Tyrone Div 2. You'll only really know if he's up to it when get runs on to Croke Park and if he's not it's too late. It all adds to the interest for neutrals though.
what division are Galvins team in,,down in Kerry?

Puckoon

Quote from: charlie stubbs on September 04, 2008, 05:56:21 PM
think its a disgace if he plays any part.lads have been training in the wind,rain,gutters all year round and he just walks back in.if he had changed his mind at quarter final stage or so you could maybe have accepted it a bit more.would have liked to have known his thoughts about a return after the defeat in newry....

Do you have any proof that it was Stephen who was badgering the team to get back? There was obviously an entire network of communication going on, between players, board officials, manager Mickey Harte, and O'Neill.
Believe me, those lads will want him on the panel - even if they dont need him.

Doire abú

Quote from: Rois on September 04, 2008, 09:09:17 AM
Quote from: Doire abú on September 04, 2008, 06:46:29 AM
Quote from: Rois on September 03, 2008, 11:27:55 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 03, 2008, 11:26:03 PM
Stevie won't be starting (if he is back), and he must have been training to the extreme if he'd be in shape to come on as an impact sub. Still, we'll take it!

Sure didn't he score 0-4 in the Frank O'Neill cup final the other week for the Clanns???  :P

lol funniest post on the board ever.

::)
I thought people knew the little icon with the tongue out means a joke.  Jeez I know I'm a girl and should know feck all about football but credit me with a bit of sense.  

Come on now rois, I knew ye were joking, thats why I thought it was funny.

Quote from: Final Whistle on September 04, 2008, 09:29:32 AM
contrary to the alternative reasons for stevie's absence it is widely known that his absence was down to injury. the conspiracies theories probably came from Tony. sorry, fat tony!!!

Come on now final whistle, don't play us all for fools.

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on September 04, 2008, 10:43:47 AM
A name from the past....playing football is one thing, playing to the fine turned skills and the fitness required to play in an All Ireland final is entirely another thing. Very disappointing on his part to return.....would the term glory hunter apply

Maybe Max, but would will he care if he gets the third Celtic Cross? There's very few of us who wouldn't return before an AI final if asked.

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 04, 2008, 02:06:40 PM
QuoteI wonder how Mugsy felt in that meeting as he'd be thinking I've done all the training asking of me and even switched to Diet Coke now but still I can't get my game.

Mugsy might defect to Armagh in protest, and with the orange beard might start a fanta-stic new look in Peter McDonnell's squad!

Mugsy was a great Derry fan in his youth.

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on September 04, 2008, 04:45:15 PM
Surely O`Neills return will do more harm then good. A man that has had no part in training all year is now possibly in line for an All Ireland medal (though I still think Kerry will beat them). As there are limited medals available, who will be the unlucky panelist to lose out?

Also it was wrong to merge the 2 threads. Ziggysego broke the story yesterday evening, but his thread has been merged with another from last week???
Would the mods be quick to merge all of T Fearons sectarian rants or his Spurs have got new goalposts threads? It shows what this board is really about  ;)

As I've already said, I can't see how it'll mean anyone missing out on a medal...if they win of course.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sam03/05

great to see him back
stephen owes tyrone nothing - he has trained for ten years with the county and in my opinion
can come back in any time he wants.
I think this will give the whole tyrone set up a massive boost before the final - i expect him to play
a part in the latter stages of the game.
the other thing is that stephen is back with a point to prove, he will  be determined to make an impact in this final
to avoid ant critisim. ths can only be good for the team

ziggysego

Ah for f**k sake mod! This is the second time in as many months when I don't get near a computer and I get screwed by the board.

First was the Georgia Caption Competition and now this. The f**king credit has been taken from me!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

Hardy

7) How does Ziggy know my plans before I know them myself?

paddypastit

As a nuetral I would love to see the imperious SO'N of previous years again and I hope that it is a move that works out in the sense of him making a positive contribution to the final... whether Tyrone wion or not.

However I don't buy the notion that this man is a saviour. While he was Player of the year in '05, he had a very bad day at the office against Dublin, twice - missing around him the first day and not even getting opportunities to miss the second day.  Ultimately, without Canavan, that championshipo wouldf not have been won and fione player and all that O'Neill is, on the basis of the past, he needs others to make chances and even then he can be stopped.

It is a big gamble and fair play to Harte for having the balls to do it.  No matter waht anyone says there will be players in that 30 that don't agree but the end justifies the means if you win.

One other point.  A lot of posters here are commenting on Tom O'Sullivan.  He played well last Sunday and was getting better as the game went on.  He is one of the tightest craftiest and 'only do it when it matters' players around.  If you're hoping for a Kerry back to come unstuck under pressure, he's not the man.  He's well likely to have a shocker in a Q/F or qualifier or indeed all of the Musnster championship but you can expect him to be right up there in the AIF and uyou would not want him marking you.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

The Iceman

Think it is good news for Tyrone and I wish them all the best
Harte is a very intelligent and articulate man - have had dealings with him in the past and his intelligence doesn't just fall with football - the man is one of the greats I have met.  Great interview on bbc and looking forward to the final!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Fear ón Srath Bán

Great interview on Newstalk radio too just now, from MH. All good.  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...