Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

Quote from: Kerry Mike on October 09, 2008, 09:28:33 PM
Quotenot making the john mitchels team of the 60's (only club to have won 5 championships in a row 1959-63 (read it and weep kerrymike!))

Ah jaysus I was enjoying me cup of tae and a biscuit and I get dragged into this.  There has been no team of note seen in Boherbue since that team, hope you enjoy your well deserved spell with the intermediates  :P

As for the Tyrone wans, for fecks sake ye should be still celebrating your fine win a few weeks ago (when we win which is often I'd be drunk till Christmas) and not worrying what a page filler throw away article in the Kerryman has to offer. If we were to take to heart all the crap written about Kerry over the years in the Irish News and that Ulster GAA rag ye have up there we would get little sleep.

As Sheehy says, Tyrone are great (okay he didnt go that far) but the sun shines out their holes fior this year. And long may it continue , yerra tis a dark enough dump of a place at the best of times :P

Tyrone folks dont mind these articles .I must find out what dinosaur wrote it .

Fear ón Srath Bán

We all have them John, unfortunately.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magickingdom

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 09, 2008, 09:21:35 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on October 09, 2008, 08:48:31 PM
read that in the kerryman, he makes a few good points about kerrys many tactical blunders on the day (with his phd in hindsight) but the whole tone of it is very mean spirited towards tyrone and most kerry fans would say that. even if kerry had got everything right on the day whoes to say they would have won? tyrone made a few mistakes too and the best team won on the day. his comment about 5 of the tyrone team not making the john mitchels team of the 60's (only club to have won 5 championships in a row 1959-63 (read it and weep kerrymike!)) are just there to be controversial

Magic, who was the author, the online edition doesn't tell you?

dont still have it but i'll find out for you tomorrow..

Quote from: Kerry Mike on October 09, 2008, 09:28:33 PM
Quotenot making the john mitchels team of the 60's (only club to have won 5 championships in a row 1959-63 (read it and weep kerrymike!))

Ah jaysus I was enjoying me cup of tae and a biscuit and I get dragged into this.  There has been no team of note seen in Boherbue since that team, hope you enjoy your well deserved spell with the intermediates  :P

next time your up this way km as you come in the castlemaine road swing by the new ground, i see a bright new dawn :D

magickingdom

just found it, written by owen mccrohan. regular writer for the kerryman...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: magickingdom on October 09, 2008, 10:33:56 PM
just found it, written by owen mccrohan. regular writer for the kerryman...

I'll say a prayer for him, he's in dire need of it  ;)

tyssam5

Thanks Magic. Yeah he's normally not too bad, might be a relative of Bro McCrohan of Omagh CBS fame!  :D

At least he knows that it's the McMahon brothers, the other oul fella who writes in the Kerryman and appears to be something of an institution (Weeshie) was blaming the Gormley brothers for the savaging wee Star and young Tommy were getting. Time for a few lads to hang up the quills?

magickingdom

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 10, 2008, 12:46:15 AM
Thanks Magic. Yeah he's normally not too bad, might be a relative of Bro McCrohan of Omagh CBS fame!  :D

At least he knows that it's the McMahon brothers, the other oul fella who writes in the Kerryman and appears to be something of an institution (Weeshie) was blaming the Gormley brothers for the savaging wee Star and young Tommy were getting. Time for a few lads to hang up the quills?

weeshie is an institution..... on radio kerry. well worth a listen too

crossfire

Yer man Mc grohan wrote similiar shite in the kerryman, about tactics fouling etc, when Cross beat Dr Crokes in the 2007 all Ireland club final....A real sore loser

orangeman

Quote from: crossfire on October 11, 2008, 02:20:32 PM
Yer man Mc grohan wrote similiar shite in the kerryman, about tactics fouling etc, when Cross beat Dr Crokes in the 2007 all Ireland club final....A real sore loser

Crokes were beat fair and square ( ok Oisin ran about 20 yards for the equaliser but never worry about that ).

comethekingdom

At last there's agreement that the Crokes were robbed of the the title the first day.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: comethekingdom on October 12, 2008, 12:36:13 AM
At last there's agreement that the Crokes were robbed of the the title the first day.

Ah Jasus, not yet more sour grapes, I'm all wined out at this stage!  ;)

Over the Bar

Anyone got the Minor & Senior AIFs on dvd?

comethekingdom

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 12, 2008, 12:44:56 AM

No sour grapes Fear. Cross won the replay fair and square but Mcconville took the piss with the equalising free kick the fist day you must agree.

maggie

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 12, 2008, 12:51:11 PM
Anyone got the Minor & Senior AIFs on dvd?

Yea, was wondering are they on sale anywhere yet?

Yes I Would

Quote from: comethekingdom on October 12, 2008, 04:08:46 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 12, 2008, 12:44:56 AM

No sour grapes Fear. Cross won the replay fair and square but Mcconville took the piss with the equalising free kick the fist day you must agree.

He certainly took the piss with steps in Croker., but thats what the referee is there for. Id nearly swear he equalised from open play.