Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: Benny Barnaveld on September 21, 2008, 11:10:43 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on September 21, 2008, 10:49:06 PM
Anyone else think Darragh O Sé was very cynical this season epically after the ball had been played?

I did not think so.
I think he has been great at times this year. I know he got the line twice, but he has taken his medicine.
I did sorta push Cavanagh today, but it was not even a yellow IMO, there was no power in it all. If O'Se wanted to hurt him he would have.
He was a joy to wtach in the first half today, pity the legs let him down in the second.

Tis hardly the point he has swung numerous time after the incident this season and one time he had the cheek to offer his hand in front of the ref . ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Benny Barnaveld

Ok.
Has he connected with these swings?

orangeman

Quote from: Gnevin on September 21, 2008, 10:49:06 PM
Anyone else think Darragh O Sé was very cynical this season epically after the ball had been played?

Darragh O'Se showed again today that he has few peers - he's a class act - will he call time on a great career ?

orangeman

Who was that boy in the suit who was put on his hole at half time ?????????;) :D

Gnevin

Quote from: Benny Barnaveld on September 21, 2008, 11:16:57 PM
Ok.

With the majority of them yes and while some of them mightn't be the hardest swings ever their was a time when O Sé wasn't the type to start this type of thing .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tatler Jack

Quotetheir was a time when O Sé wasn't the type to start this type of thing .

Maybe when he was playing U12. :D He is doing it at senior level as long as I am watching him. Just he used to be careful not to get caught.

thewobbler

It's very rare that a manager takes praise for a win, but read the past 4 pages and Mickey Harte gets metnioned more than anyone. Truly the greatest manager this game has seen. Obviolusly any manager still needs a certain amount of talent to work with to win an All-Ireland, but this was something else. Tyrone were magnificent.

unforgiven

Quote from: stiffler on September 21, 2008, 09:36:34 PM
Forget your premierships, your ryder cups, your olympics...... you wont find a greater sporting battle than what was witnessed today.

Superb both on and off the pitch, the greatest sport in the world without a doubt!!!!

Did you not see Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday night?

Benny Barnaveld

Quote from: Gnevin on September 21, 2008, 11:28:17 PM
Quote from: Benny Barnaveld on September 21, 2008, 11:16:57 PM
Ok.

With the majority of them yes and while some of them mightn't be the hardest swings ever their was a time when O Sé wasn't the type to start this type of thing .

I cannot remember specifics, but if it was a strike then he has to go.
It would take a real dirty hallion to get sent off 3 times in the one season.

ONeill

Tremendous victory and another proud day for Tyrone folk the world over. The collective bunch of players and staff from 2003-2008 will go down in the annals as our all-time greats.

All analysis has been covered on here it seems. For the last fortnight I firmly believed we'd beat Kerry by 5-7 points and wobbled slightly yesterday with horrendous visions of Donaghy and Walsh at the top of their game. The McMahon Bros did one hell of a job back there, although it was hairy at times. To be honest I thought Kerry's tactics were atrocious and were lumping the ball on top of the big yins from minute 1 until minute 72, completely wiping out any attacking force coming from other areas from 5-12. They called it the antidote...well...it wasn't Kerry football and didn't do them any favours.  

The reason I thought we'd comfortably beat them was  

a) despite what the media and others say, we have better footballers and in saying that I mean all-round footballers for 70 mins. Their record at all levels prove that (and not always under Mickey Harte)

b) we would run the legs off Kerry, esp their hf line and that was the case when Kerry shot their bolt on 60 mins.

However, we didn't comfortably beat them. The 2 saves (1 save, one poor finish) were crucial. Kerry are also a good side and Jordan/Harte were not allowed to do much damage as expected. Tyrone's running game from defence never got going until late on, simply because Kerry matched their tenacity and intensity individually. Dooher and Mellon were turned over a few times early on and it did look like Kerry'd done their homework. But, as in previous years, they couldn't maintain that for any substantial period of time. Tyrone can.

You could shoot Hughes for shooting but he made himself a nuisance and was always available. Mugsy also showed well when introduced and B McGuigan did the simple things at the correct time. Tommy was struggling to impose himself and McCullagh was being offered few options. Cooper roasted Gormley for the first 15 but Conor gave him one hell of a winding in giving away a free. Cooper didn't really count after that. Donaghy did not like Justin's attention one little bit and had his worst All-Ireland simply because he met a quality defender. Walsh was always a handful and turned Joe with some ease in the second although Joe'd lost the boot.

In the final 10 mins Sean, Enda, Owen, Kevin, Ricey, Conor, Phillip and Brian D stood tall - the class of '03. Quality players.

Mickey, Sean et al blame the Tyrone fans for losing faith in June - of course many did and there was much reason to do so after 06/07 and the league of 08. However, perhaps that criticism galvanized the side and as Ricey said in today's Times, it made them think they're not always 'up there' in the estimations of the rest of the county.

Mickey - you've the freedom of Tyrone.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Benny Barnaveld

Any chance of Harte nipping across the Blackwater for a few years? lol

Doire abú

Osama bin Dublin

Congrats to tyrone & to all involved who took team that looked like a bunch of aul fellas, to All Ireland champs is incredible.But now that ye won another title will ye please fcuk off & give the rest of us a go.Before ya get carried away lads,mickey harte has a long way to go before he becomes a Mick o Dwyer,he's good,but he's not that good.

Dubs 09 ;D

screenexile

Quote from: Osama bin Dublin on September 22, 2008, 12:10:59 AM
Congrats to tyrone & to all involved who took team that looked like a bunch of aul fellas, to All Ireland champs is incredible.But now that ye won another title will ye please fcuk off & give the rest of us a go.Before ya get carried away lads,mickey harte has a long way to go before he becomes a Mick o Dwyer,he's good,but he's not that good.

Dubs 09 ;D

YET!

Mickey Harte will stay with this Tyrone team for the foreseeable future from what I can see. I also think he's the kind of man who won't take another team only his own as evidenced by all his managerial experience being at his local college, local club and local county. A great and while not in the Micko or Heffo category yet if he gets the next senior all ireland he will definitely have a case given his underage and club success!!

INDIANA

o neill what game were you at ? Jordan and Harte did all the bloody damage , they set up every attack  how o shea didn;t see it was beyond me.