Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: magickingdom on September 17, 2008, 07:05:43 PM
wasnt going to mention this (for fear of gloating) but i had a dream the other night and nicky brennan looked very embarrassed when he handed sam to paul ;D bet he wished he'd stayed quite

Wasn't going to mention this either, but I had a dream last night of the Gooch, as he's leaving Croke about 6 pm on Sunday (or sooner):

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magickingdom

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 18, 2008, 09:18:46 PM
Quotereally wish he started paul galvin and restored the captaincy to him. i'm sick

MK: They have picked the best team from training performances and recent games and hopefully that will stand to us. It was asking a lot for Galvin to walk back into the team given how long he has been out and the players that have got us to the final. But you dont know what will happen on Sunday and until we see them lining up for the throw in we cant be sure.

can see at least one change there on sunday but galvin obiviously wont start or be captain. i think he was owed that by the kerry management, hes more than paid his dues and it would have sent out a strong message that kerry were behind him.

Over the Bar

Quotereally wish he started paul galvin and restored the captaincy to him. i'm sick

So much for Paddy Heany's bold statement at the Bredagh nite "There is no question that Paul Galvin will start and he will be captain".  Seems Paddy just knows as much, or little, as the rest of us.

Kerry Mike

MK: I see your point but this game is not about Paul Galvin its about Kerry trying to win the All Ireland with hopefully their best team capable of doing that, I believe Galvin like all the panel has been given his chance to prove his fitness and worth over the last 2 weeks and we have to have faith in Pat oShea and the selectors on their team selection.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Frank Casey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 18, 2008, 09:29:18 PM

Wasn't going to mention this either, but I had a dream last night of the Gooch, as he's leaving Croke about 6 pm on Sunday (or sooner):

FSB - I know that there are those who say that the Kenmare River has a certain resemblence to a Norweigan fjord and that maybe Gooch's red hair might have an old viking connection but I thing your comparison is munch rubbish.
KERRY 3:7

SuperDooperCooper

Deja vu but I will be amazed if that team starts.
Kerry Mike - for his last appearance can you change the number 8 to be the normal Darragh number....
Nerves building nicely....

Frank Casey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 18, 2008, 09:14:38 PM
[A few surprises there indeed KM, especially young Reidy after an indifferent campaign thus far.

Brendan O'Brien in today's examiner was tipping this and word was seeping out from training that Reidy was responding positively to sitting out the two matches against Cork.

That all changed as the rumour mill grew legs and the word in the Kingdom suggests that Reidy's impressive form behind closed doors has left Pat O'Shea with a choice between himself and Tommy Griffin.

BTW Jody Gormley on Road to Croker said that SON is "flying in training"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Frank Casey on September 18, 2008, 09:47:33 PM
FSB - I know that there are those who say that the Kenmare River has a certain resemblence to a Norweigan fjord and that maybe Gooch's red hair might have an old viking connection but I thing your comparison is munch rubbish.

Those fecking dreams Frank, though suppose I should lay off the acid!

Quote from: Frank Casey on September 18, 2008, 09:52:49 PM
BTW Jody Gormley on Road to Croker said that SON is "flying in training"

That he is, but ssshhh!... Say nothing to the Kerry wans!  ;)

And do you think Bernard's Listowel Ma will kill him for tipping Tyrone?

redcard

http://www.emapdigitalradio.com/emapdigitalradio/metafiles/highland_32.asx

Highland radio discussion on now. Brolly in good form

Listeners outside Ireland and the UK
Please use the following links:
Windows Media Player
http://links.fmstreams.com/audio/highlandradio.asx

Frank Casey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 18, 2008, 09:56:04 PM
do you think Bernard's Listowel Ma will kill him for tipping Tyrone?

Those Brogans want it every way:

1. My ma is from Kerry so they have to win and I may claim something from that.
2. Tyrone beat us and the team that beats the Dubs must win the AI cos the blues are really the best team in Ireland and cos they had only one Brogan on the field at any one time Tyrone got it soft.

:P

Kerry Mike

If we were playing the game on paper as per teams given out today you would get the following match ups but thankfully the game will be on grass as there was never a f**king game of football won on a sheet of paper.

(2) Ryan McMenamin (15) Tommy Walsh
(3) Justin McMahon (14) Kieran Donaghy
(4) Ciarán Gourley (13) Colm Cooper
(5) Davy Harte    (12) Eoin Brosnan
(6) Conor Gormley (11) Declan O'Sullivan
(7) Philip Jordan     (10) Brian Sheehan
8 Colin Holmes    (9) Seamus Scanlon
(9) Enda McGinley 8 Darragh Ó Sé
(10) Brian Dooher (C )   (7) Killian Young
(11) Brian McGuigan(6) Aidan O'Mahony
(12) Joseph McMahon   (5) Tomás Ó Sé (C)
(13) Tommy McGuigan   (4) Padraig Reidy
(14) Sean Cavanagh   (3) Tom O'Sullivan
(15) Colm McCullagh   (2) Marc Ó Sé

I can see the Kerry backs lining out as listed witha possible swop of Marc and Reidy if and when McCullagh goes out the field with Marc stayin close to goal, When Cavanagh goes to midfield it will be interesting to see if some like like Killian Young goes with him.

From a Tyone defenise point of view I can see Gormley in the full back line on possibly Walsh to try and counteract his strength with the taller Justin McMahon on Donaghy and McMemimen on Cooper and Gourley possibly at centre back on Declan O'Sullivan. That would leave Harte on Brosnan and Jordan on Sheehan and both Kerry men would have a height advantage over the two Tyrone backs so would expect to see some kickouts heading those wings. Just my quick thoughts.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: redcard on September 18, 2008, 09:57:18 PM

Sláinte redcard, caught the great Micheál Ó'Muircheartaigh, who'll be attending his 60th All-Ireland Final this year (excluding replays), and the first team he ever witnessed running out on to a pitch, he recalled, was the Tyrone Minors of 1948, who had the great Eddie Devlin amongst their number.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 18, 2008, 10:02:10 PM
If we were playing the game on paper as per teams given out today you would get the following match ups but thankfully the game will be on grass as there was never a f**king game of football won on a sheet of paper.

KM we've lost a few becuase of pieces of paper.............................................................usually written by a certain Corkman.

I have struck out your profanity - any more and I'll tell your mother. We must keep our standards and not descend into what others would want us to do. FFS

magickingdom

i see nick faldo got caught playing on paper km!

looking thro that kerry bench there are some great players there so hopefully pat will call it right on sunday and use them. its an area where were much stronger that tyrone and its one we must use to our advantage. fresh legs will be needed in the second half on sunday

Doire abú

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 18, 2008, 10:11:27 PM
Quote from: redcard on September 18, 2008, 09:57:18 PM

Sláinte redcard, caught the great Micheál Ó'Muircheartaigh, who'll be attending his 60th All-Ireland Final this year (excluding replays), and the first team he ever witnessed running out on to a pitch, he recalled, was the Tyrone Minors of 1948, who had the great Eddie Devlin amongst their number.

Wasn't Barney Eastwood also on that team?