Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Some other counties are very quick to "Tar us" Tyronies with the same Negative, defensive qualities that came from Armagh
Armagh based their great years around being defensively strong with 2/3 scoring machines.

For years Tyrone played much more FREE PURE style football with little in the idea of tactics on how to win ugly.
So the more physical teams like the Meaths, Armaghs, Derry and Dublin would have not let us play our sexy football and so we often faltered on the big stage.

But if you look at the Tyrone scorelines of ALL matches since 2003 and do you see many games where we have scored less than 10 points.
I must say this year I thought we would suffer getting scores but we're putting up some great

Yes Spillane labelled us with Puke football in 2003 cos we hammered his beloved team with swarm tackling but to be honest we just copied Armagh from the year before and maybe upped the intensity and speed a notch more.

Tyrone had to win their first AI beating Armagh at their own game but you will notice than when they play non Ulster teams they are much more throw caution to the wind. Especially when they have a fully fit squad like this year and not ravaged by injuries like the last few years

I'm not naive though and of course we've had our fair share of controversy such as that late tackle on Gooch or Riceys 2 knees into the Armagh lad.

Has anyone else noticed how the discipline of the Tyrone players now has improved with no whinging at the Ref but just throw the ball down and run on.
I hope that continues for the final

ziggysego

I've noticed that the discipline within the team has improved too fuzzman. I never liked that in players and pleased to see it appears to be a thing of the past within the Tyrone camp.
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

the result
""When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evil Doohers"

and puke football
"For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evil Doohers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet"
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

filthylittlebeast

Orangeman - where did you hear the story about that John thing?? is that for real ??? I always wondered what the story was behind that !!

ziggysego

Quote from: filthylittlebeast on September 11, 2008, 02:45:32 PM
Orangeman - where did you hear the story about that John thing?? is that for real ??? I always wondered what the story was behind that !!

Yeah, it's true enough from what I've been told.
Testing Accessibility

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 11, 2008, 02:34:34 PM
Some other counties are very quick to "Tar us" Tyronies with the same Negative, defensive qualities that came from Armagh
Armagh based their great years around being defensively strong with 2/3 scoring machines.

So 2 or 3 players surrounding a player in possession is not negative?? Bar Armagh ye are probably the most negative and the most cynical team out there

orangeman

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on September 11, 2008, 03:29:11 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on September 11, 2008, 02:34:34 PM

So 2 or 3 players surrounding a player in possession is not negative?? Bar Armagh ye are probably the most negative and the most cynical team out there

Cynical but good ! ;)

Fuzzman

I know I shouldn't bother asking but why do you say that H.o.T?
Do you not think it requires great discipline, hard work, fitness, organisation to surround a man but not foul him.
We defend as a team and attack as a team and if you think scores of 23 points in our last few matches is negative you're just either blind or jealous.

What other real evidence do you have of that this year?
What, Dooher getting punched in the gut and DIVING to the ground like a sack of spuds. Lets not go back to that one. You don't see half the hits Dooher gets in a game.

What else?

How many yellow or red cards have we got this year?
How many times have we cynically taken players out of it?
How often have we surrounded the Ref crying for frees?
Would you say Kerry are LESS cynical than Tyrone this year?

Do you take exception to the way Cavanagh runs across the patch of the man about to catch up with him who then clips his heels and then call him a diver?

What specific incidents are you referring to for this season?

Like I said I know we're not complete angels and it does annoy me too that there is the odd bit of gamesmanship but I think you're being a bit BLIND if you're saying that doesn't go on everywhere for the past 50 years.

Anyways what county are you from HOT?

Zapatista

Over the Bar

The stars are moving into alignment!!

In 1916 the Aud was scuttled off the Kerry Coast.

In 2005 Tyrone beat Kerry  19-16

In September 2008 the Asgard sinks  and with it Kerry's hope of 3 in a row will be scuttled by Admiral Harte and Captain Dooher!!

heineken_on_tap

First of all , Why would I be jealous - I applaud the fact that ye have won two AI's in recent years. Indeed I roared ye on in both AI's but the fact is I dont like the brand of football ye play and I think it is ok to say that.

What evidence do I have - well to be honest I dont keep notes but as an avid follower of football surely i am entitled to my opinion. I dont like the way Armagh and Tyrone have developed the game over the years but fair play it was effective. What I dont like is the swarm defence and what that brings to the game. it is moving away from the way Gaelic should be played IMO. And Fuzzman I agree, Kerry are no street angels but I prefer the way they play the game.

Finally to answer your final question , I am from Ros.

Uladh

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on September 11, 2008, 04:03:03 PM
First of all , Why would I be jealous - I applaud the fact that ye have won two AI's in recent years. Indeed I roared ye on in both AI's but the fact is I dont like the brand of football ye play and I think it is ok to say that.

What evidence do I have - well to be honest I dont keep notes but as an avid follower of football surely i am entitled to my opinion. I dont like the way Armagh and Tyrone have developed the game over the years but fair play it was effective. What I dont like is the swarm defence and what that brings to the game. it is moving away from the way Gaelic should be played IMO. And Fuzzman I agree, Kerry are no street angels but I prefer the way they play the game.

How should gaelic football be played?

ziggysego

Quote from: Uladh on September 11, 2008, 04:04:54 PM
How should gaelic football be played?

Sure he told you he's from Ros, he doesn't know ;)
Testing Accessibility

Onion Bag

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on September 11, 2008, 04:03:03 PM

Maybe you guys in Ros should try the "cynical" stuff and yous might have a bit of success, come to think of it, it would hardly matter what yous tried, yous would still be one of the shittiest teams about
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

heineken_on_tap

Lads I am a proud Rossie, I realise we are a extremely poor team at the moment but everyone no matter what county they are from is entitled to an opinion. Look back at your history and you may realise Tyrone had alot bad days too. Dont be afraid to take a bit of criticism. Alot of people do not like the way Tyrone play - deal with it.