Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I have at least travelled down to Croker, at my own expense,n to watch Tyrone play both Dublin and Wexford. How many Tyrone "fans" can say that? ;D

Zapatista

Quote from: T Fearon on September 01, 2008, 02:53:59 PM
I have at least travelled down to Croker, at my own expense,n to watch Tyrone play both Dublin and Wexford. How many Tyrone "fans" can say that? ;D

All Tyrone fans can say you did that.

On_the_Couch

Would somebody ring the Tyrone County board and get this man a medal.

reddgnhand

Quote from: On_the_Couch on September 01, 2008, 02:57:20 PM

Would somebody ring the Tyrone County board and get this man a medal.

He loves us really and i think deep down he wants to be one of us. 

Over the Bar

QuoteI have at least travelled down to Croker, at my own expense,n to watch Tyrone play both Dublin and Wexford. How many Tyrone "fans" can say that?

Having watched the negative dredge that is Armagh's style of play, maybe you wanted to watch entertaining football for a change?

T Fearon

Lads, the anology here with 1986 doesn't bode well for the County where my granny was born.

Kerry going for three in a row, Tyrone unable to stop them

Tyrone men with facial hair, taking wrong options from dead ball situations.

Kerry team having three brothers.

I tell you, it is not looking good. ;D

Puckoon

How'd you enjoy paying for something for once? Was it as painful as watching Tyrone win?

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Puckoon on September 01, 2008, 03:16:29 PM

How'd you enjoy paying for something for once? Was it as painful as watching Tyrone win?

i thought he was joking
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Glensman

Maybe I have missed this - any word on Cavanagh's injury?

CoDeo2

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte is confident that Sean Cavanagh will be fit to play in the All-Ireland SFC Final against Kerry on 21 September.

Cavanagh was forced off in the second half of Sunday's semi-final win over Wexford because of a back injury and he also dislocated a finger in the game.

However, Harte told BBC Sport on Monday morning that the pain in Cavanagh's back had "eased considerably".

"He has three weeks before the final so he should be grand," said Harte.

stew

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 01, 2008, 03:05:22 PM
QuoteI have at least travelled down to Croker, at my own expense,n to watch Tyrone play both Dublin and Wexford. How many Tyrone "fans" can say that?

Having watched the negative dredge that is Armagh's style of play, maybe you wanted to watch entertaining football for a change?

I hate to say it but this is true, Armagh are very hard to watch. Tyrone play entertaining football, all we do is turn two half forwards into half backs and our games are brutal to watch.

This should be a great game of football. I hope that our Ulster neighbours get it done, i fully expect them to. I am heading to Chicago to watch the game on a big screen at Gaelic park.

Prediction. Tyrone 2-15 kerry 1-14.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Tony may talk about the parallels with '86, meeting Down, Dublin and Kerry along the way was a good omen in '05! Houl on. Met Down and Kerry in '03 as well. And in '86. What do you call the blade who used to predict the lottery winners? Wonder what she'd say.

Must say Walsh looked frighteningly impressive for his goal yesterday. Hands like shovels.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

blanketattack

Quote from: CoDeo2 on September 01, 2008, 06:12:50 PM
Tyrone manager Mickey Harte is confident that Sean Cavanagh will be fit to play in the All-Ireland SFC Final against Kerry on 21 September.

Cavanagh was forced off in the second half of Sunday's semi-final win over Wexford because of a back injury and he also dislocated a finger in the game.

However, Harte told BBC Sport on Monday morning that the pain in Cavanagh's back had "eased considerably".

"He has three weeks before the final so he should be grand," said Harte.

Did Mickey Harte kiss Sean Cavanagh's finger better to make him stop crying?

upthehoops

Given that DJ Kane had his suspension extended for being in the dressing room at the Down v Tyrone game what is the official take on Dara O'Sé being in the subs area yesterday. Don't know the answer myself but do not see the difference between this and Kane. Can any one shed light on it? Though would hate to see him miss out on final on a technical issue like this

feetofflames

We are there - 2 all Ireland finals in 1 day.  If Kerry win they will prove once and for all that they were the team of the decade, If Tyrone win it will prove that they are better than the team of the decade and but for tragedy injury and retirement tyrone could be completing 6 in a row.  All that will go out the window if that inform Kerry side thump Tyrone off the field, was talking to a Kerry selector of old after the game on Sunday and he told me "what Kerry were going to do with that Tyrone team would be more fearful than the annhilation in 86"  I always thought to myself ye know that we had an honourale defeat in 86, but fair play to the ruthless Kerry man, the thought we lay down and if you lie down, he wants to crush us and after watching the two semifinals whjo would bet against them beating us off the park.  Tyrone are vast underdogs against this Kerry team , who can Mark Donaghy, Walsh, Gooch, O Sullivan, 4 of the best in Ireland.    We can only turn up in hope, but we will turn up and give this great 3 in a row team a game. 
Chief Wiggum