Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickeys beard

Quote from: tyronefan on October 02, 2008, 08:17:51 AM
there is another picture on sportsfile that shows conor already starting to clinch his fists even before paul galvin fell at his feet. It looks like he was just celebrating upon hearing the final whistle and was taking no notice of paul galvin
http://www.sportsfile.com/id/321456/5000/

Even a fool could see that from this picture, Galvin clearly launched himself at Gormley's shins, teeth stripped, intending to take home a trophy of Tyrone shin to add to Paddy Russell's fingernails, up on the dresser.  On realising his luck, Gormley cleched his fists, thanking God that he finished the game with the same surface area of skin as before.  On realising he had missed, Galvin began to suck a sod, so violently that a hissing sound reverberated around the under pitch heating system, scaring off many rodents and some insects.
Boil the Drawers!

under the bar

QuoteI would agree with that, there'd be much more of an outcry if it was a Dub standing over Galvin...

Saying what exactly?   "Do ye want fries with that?"

his holiness nb

Make jokes about it all ye want, it was a disgusting way for a sportsman to treat another, and there were plenty more similar incidents that day.
But at least they didnt go one further and engage in the dangerous, unsportsmanlike and stupid act of taunting the opposition fans, like they did in the 1/4 final.

Discuss  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Fuzzman

There does seem to be some uncertainty on how accurate this picture is but I'm not gonna pretend that its highly likely Conor did react like this

Lets face it Conor and Ricey are no angels as we saw from previous games and the way the Kerry fans have stood by Galvin and actually talked him into being some saviour has kinda backfired on themselves.

What other incidents during the game can you highlight HSnbi?
Yeah we all saw the one with Ricey and Bearded Joey but what else are you referring to

In such a high intensity match gaining the psychological edge can make the difference in winning and losing
However I do think if that photo is genuine Conor has really stooped to Galvin's own gutter level & as someone else said you'd imagine you'd turn to your winning colleagues rather than to rub it in to even the most annoying of opponents.

full back

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 02, 2008, 02:30:18 PM
However I do think if that photo is genuine Conor has really stooped to Galvin's own gutter level & as someone else said you'd imagine you'd turn to your winning colleagues rather than to rub it in to even the most annoying of opponents.

:D :D
You Tyrone boys really are something else
Saint Conor & Galvin the big bad wolf

under the bar

QuoteMake jokes about it all ye want, it was a disgusting way for a sportsman to treat another, and there were plenty more similar incidents that day.

Taunting & goading happens in EVERY championship game without exception.  There are some you expect it of as par for the course e.g. McMenamin & Donaghy.  Personally I've never done it, nor did I react to it when playing as I found this to the best response.   I did however make a point of shaking hands with all other players except the goader, as if they didn't exist when the game was over. 

EC Unique

This type of Taunting and goading goes on in all Championship matches as has been said. It helps players unleash aggression in a way that will not see a yellow or red card. The SECOND the final whistle goes there is no place or excuse for this type of unsportmanship.
If the Picture shows what we are percieving it to show then Conor has let himself down IMHO.

his holiness nb

It happens in EVERY championship match?????

The why the hullabaloo over the Dubs last year???

Or is it that its just now not such a big deal as its your team at it?
Ask me holy bollix

Zapatista

Why is Ricey's name brought into every BS thread? Change the record.

under the bar

QuoteThis type of Taunting and goading goes on in all Championship matches as has been said. It helps players unleash aggression in a way that will not see a yellow or red card. The SECOND the final whistle goes there is no place or excuse for this type of unsportmanship.

IMO there's no excuse for it either before or after the whistle but it's as much a part of today's game as tees for kick-outs.   If you naively think that there is some sort of unwritten code of honour amongst that it stops at the second of the final whistle then you are mistaken.

his holiness nb

Theres only a handful of counties who have players who do this regularly.
Dublin are one, Tyrone are another.
Dont try to say they are all at it to make yourselves look less guilty.

Tyrone are worst than most at this, as are the Dubs. I can admit this at least.
Ask me holy bollix

the Deel Rover

its not nice if gormley was taunting galvin but then again galvin is no angel either so as some one said no one knows what was said during the game. i know some posters are giving out about the tyrone lads goading the kerry players during the game but fcuk if it works do it its not nice but players aren't out there to be nice they are out there to win games. To tell you the truth i would much rather the mayo players goaded kerry in the aI Finals and won the game rather than going out just to play football and get the hammerings that we got. at the end of the day gormley has 3 Ai medals in has back pocket . Also as regards ricey he does what he has to do on the pitch i'd say any county in Ireland would want him on their team i know a few lads who met him over in austarlia with the international rules in 2005 they had a few drinks with him and said he was a complete gent.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

tyssam5

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 02, 2008, 04:39:13 PM
Theres only a handful of counties who have players who do this regularly.
Dublin are one, Tyrone are another.
Dont try to say they are all at it to make yourselves look less guilty.

Tyrone are worst than most at this, as are the Dubs. I can admit this at least.

Not to appear unkind, but no one cares bout the Dubs right now. No one, seriously.

under the bar

QuoteTheres only a handful of counties who have players who do this regularly.

bollox.  it happens in every championship game, both club & county.

magickingdom

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 02, 2008, 02:30:18 PM
There does seem to be some uncertainty on how accurate this picture is but I'm not gonna pretend that its highly likely Conor did react like this

Lets face it Conor and Ricey are no angels as we saw from previous games and the way the Kerry fans have stood by Galvin and actually talked him into being some saviour has kinda backfired on themselves.

What other incidents during the game can you highlight HSnbi?
Yeah we all saw the one with Ricey and Bearded Joey but what else are you referring to

In such a high intensity match gaining the psychological edge can make the difference in winning and losing

what a load of crap, can you not just admit that tyrone are at the same shit as everyone else. (excluding galway/mayo who are just gentlemenn of the highest order) galvins own gutter level? wtf is that? someplace tyrone have never visted