Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: comethekingdom on October 01, 2008, 09:37:35 PM
You mean youse Tyrone boys dont aspire to winning dozens of AllIrelands and being revered throughout the footballing world?? ;D

Kingdoms are things of the past. Like Leprechauns, asking for a pint a porter, penny bubbly, telling the wife to slap on a bit of make up for God's sake, paper hats with Up Down, and Marathons. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 01, 2008, 11:09:08 PM
Very poor form by Gormley if thats the case. In fact that sort of behaviour is pretty much as low as it gets.
Always had this Tyrone team down as gracious honest sportsmen in victory and defeat but Gormley has really let himself and his colleagues down by this childish triumphalism.

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 01, 2008, 07:35:13 PM
A picture tells a thousand words... but not necessarily the correct story!

...And rarely the whole story.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 01, 2008, 07:35:13 PM
A picture tells a thousand words... but not necessarily the correct story!

Indeed, player clenches fists in the immediate aftermath of referee blowing his whistle in the All-Ireland final shocker :o. Nobody except Conor Gormley knows whats going through his mind at that point but the enlarged picture shows a load of Tyrone boys reacting immediately after the referee's whistle ( http://www.sportsfile.com/id/321541/ ) and that looks like a lad being overwhelmed by the moment rather than rubbing an opponent's nose in the mud. Fair enough though to those who like a cliche its another example of those evil Tyrone lads ruining things for everybody else. Whatever the truth is the fact is that reprinting the image showing just Gormley and Galvin is misleading in the extreme.

tyronefan

there is another picture on sportsfile that shows conor already starting to clinch his fists even before paul galvin fell at his feet. It looks like he was just celebrating upon hearing the final whistle and was taking no notice of paul galvin
http://www.sportsfile.com/id/321456/5000/

Zapatista

Quote from: tyronefan on October 02, 2008, 08:17:51 AM
there is another picture on sportsfile that shows conor already starting to clinch his fists even before paul galvin fell at his feet. It looks like he was just celebrating upon hearing the final whistle and was taking no notice of paul galvin

Spoil sport.

nrico2006

QuotePoor from indeed. I'd say he is regretting that now.

I'm sure he is. ;)
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Croí na hÉireann

If you look closely you'll see that that photo was taken after the other one (unless the lads all ran in reverse Harry Hill style), Galvin is just getting back to his feet. Bryan Cullen did the same as Gormley to Declan O'Sullivan last year, least O'Sullivan had the last laugh... Maybe the two lads were having words before, and with Galvin and Gormley involved I'd be surprised if they weren't but no one deserves that on the final whistle...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Over the Bar

Quotebut no one deserves that on the final whistle...

what about peter sutcliffe?

tyronefan

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 02, 2008, 10:18:48 AM

If you look closely you'll see that that photo was taken after the other one (unless the lads all ran in reverse Harry Hill style), Galvin is just getting back to his feet. Bryan Cullen did the same as Gormley to Declan O'Sullivan last year, least O'Sullivan had the last laugh... Maybe the two lads were having words before, and with Galvin and Gormley involved I'd be surprised if they weren't but no one deserves that on the final whistle...

You will also notice that conor is still doing it even though galvin is getting up which goes back to my original point that conor is taking no notice of Galvin but only celebrating the win

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: tyronefan on October 02, 2008, 11:09:33 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 02, 2008, 10:18:48 AM

You will also notice that conor is still doing it even though galvin is getting up which goes back to my original point that conor is taking no notice of Galvin but only celebrating the win

You need to read all the posts... Posted yesterday...

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 01, 2008, 05:46:37 PM
Quote from: Rois on October 01, 2008, 05:20:13 PM
Remember the shutter speeds on modern cameras, what looks at that milisecond like Gormley lording over Galvin may actually have been Gormley on his way up to throw the fists in the air.  Would be interesting to see what the following pics taken directly after are like. 

At you're clutching at straws there Rois, look at 19 mins in (can also see Galvin getting dumped on his hole) http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/200-2425181-512-288-t.smil
Gormley is on the ground facing away from Galvin, gets up, turns around, stoops down and u can see what happens from there in the pic there, says more than words ever can...

his holiness nb

Suprised to hear the suprise about Gormley on here. Anyone who saw the game on rte could clearly see Tyrone players taunting Kerry players early in the game after missed efforts, and right before the end.
I thought this behaviour was common knowledge??

But I suppose the comment about not knowing what was said to Gormey sums it all up.
Dont remember too many people after last years Leinster final piping in saying "you dont know what was said to the Dubs beforehand".

Double standards on this board are rife.
Ask me holy bollix

Croí na hÉireann

I would agree with that, there'd be much more of an outcry if it was a Dub standing over Galvin...

ONeill

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 02, 2008, 01:26:20 PM
I would agree with that, there'd be much more of an outcry if it was a Dub standing over Galvin...

There's definitely be an outcry if a Dub was standing over Galvin on All-Ireland final day. Like, how the feck did the streaker get on the pitch.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ONeill on October 02, 2008, 01:29:46 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 02, 2008, 01:26:20 PM

There's definitely be an outcry if a Dub was standing over Galvin on All-Ireland final day. Like, how the feck did the streaker get on the pitch.

That's not fair O'Neill, it could be Pillar helping him to his feet  :P Speaking of which I sure he could have gave the Kerry lad a dig out at half time, instead of him having to crawl over to the wall like a one year old trying to stand up...