Electric Picnic

Started by boojangles, August 29, 2008, 02:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Anybody lucky enough to b venturing down to the Electric,eclectic and wonderful Picnic in Stradbally.Should b a cracking weekend.Im off at 9 in the morn and Il b lucky if Im back by Tuesday.

Maguire01

give her dixie

Heading down this weekend myself.
Anyone else going to EP09?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

thebandit

Might be going on Saturday, never been, looking forward to it  ;D

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on August 29, 2008, 02:04:35 AM
Anybody lucky enough to b venturing down to the Electric,eclectic and wonderful Picnic in Stradbally.Should b a cracking weekend.Im off at 9 in the morn and Il b lucky if Im back by Tuesday.
Ah boojangles I'm heading myself. You wanna meet up in the Body & Soul and discuss this off the ball craic? What better place to cleanse you? ;D

Denn Forever

Anyone from the Cavan team going?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 01, 2009, 08:39:48 AM
Ah boojangles I'm heading myself. You wanna meet up in the Body & Soul and discuss this off the ball craic? What better place to cleanse you? ;D

Il be there again,going for 3-in a row.Il meet you in the Body and Soul Lawrence but any talk of football and I mite hav to hit ya a few raps off the ball! ;D ;D

For any First timers heading,hope you's have a ball.The best festival in Ireland by a mile.Bring on Orbital!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on September 01, 2009, 10:47:35 AM

Il be there again,going for 3-in a row.Il meet you in the Body and Soul Lawrence but any talk of football and I mite hav to hit ya a few raps off the ball! ;D ;D

For any First timers heading,hope you's have a ball.The best festival in Ireland by a mile.Bring on Orbital!!!
I might have to slip you something to make sure you enjoy Orbital AND to ensure I don't get any sly digs. But I'd say you Drumalee boys have plenty of what's needed.
I've been the last 5 years I think and this year I'm actually going to spend more time in the Arena than in the tent sitting on my arse.

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 01, 2009, 11:11:33 AM
Quote from: boojangles on September 01, 2009, 10:47:35 AM

I might have to slip you something to make sure you enjoy Orbital AND to ensure I don't get any sly digs. But I'd say you Drumalee boys have plenty of what's needed.
I've been the last 5 years I think and this year I'm actually going to spend more time in the Arena than in the tent sitting on my arse.

Now now Lawrence don't be judging me like that.I hope you are not insinuating about the use of illegal substances!! I get my highs from the music man!
I say every year that I will spend less time at the campsite and more at the bands but the crack is always too good to leave the campsite. If I see 4 acts a day Il be happy.
Enjoy it anyway lad

Maguire01

I'm heading - 4th year in a row. Great festival - very friendly vibe, especially compared to the other festivals in this country.

Especially looking forward to:
2 many djs (amazing in Belfast last Friday)
Bat for Lashes
Florence and the Machine
Brian Wilson
Flaming Lips
Fleet Foxes
Lamb

botman

Raging I can't go this year.  >:(

I was at the last couple and had a cracking time. Definitely far more chilled out than Oxegen (less scumbags for a start). Great atmosphere and best festival by a country mile.

Keep them at it.

Maguire01

Quote from: botman on September 01, 2009, 05:58:20 PM
Raging I can't go this year.  >:(

I was at the last couple and had a cracking time. Definitely far more chilled out than Oxegen (less scumbags for a start). Great atmosphere and best festival by a country mile.
No doubt due to the fact that they ban 13-18 year olds.

erne bhoy

Is the the atmosphere the big thing about the electric picnic then or what, because it always seems to have a far smaller line up than say oxegen, I don't really know too much about it, could anyone psychadelically enlighten me?

boojangles

Quote from: erne bhoy on September 01, 2009, 08:41:22 PM
Is the the atmosphere the big thing about the electric picnic then or what, because it always seems to have a far smaller line up than say oxegen, I don't really know too much about it, could anyone psychadelically enlighten me?

There are only usually about 25-30 Thousand at it.There is a comedy tent,a body and soul area to chillax,most of the bands are not as well known,it is advertised to attract families.Alot of the food and drink on sale is deemed more healthier and not of the Burger and Chips variety-although evrybody is catered for.There are 5 different arenas for all different music types PLUS when all the acts are finished you can head into the Forest and listen to a few DJs banging the night away into the early hours. It is so much more than Oxygen,but has to be experienced.
It has a kind of a Bohemian feel to it-not that I know what Bohemia felt like-I just heard a few hippies saying it!!

Maguire01

Quote from: erne bhoy on September 01, 2009, 08:41:22 PM
It probably has a similar number of bands to Oxegen - just not the current 'big names'. I also reckon that far fewer people go to Electric Picnic just for a 'piss up'.

On top of all that, there's far more than just the music - there's comedy, drama, political debate, an Irish language stage, literary stage - loads of stuff that wouldn't necessarily make you buy the ticket first time you go, but that you'd really enjoy once you're there.