xbox or ps3

Started by off the laces, August 25, 2008, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

off the laces

I am looking to buy a games console and am wanting to know which off the two are best friends have each and they all say theirs is the best which one do yous think.
Keeps 'er' straight

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

The Iceman

depends on what you are after - games you want to play - your previous gaming experiences etc etc

For me its PS3 - it has all the games and performance I want and it uses the same controller as PS2

I hate the Xbox controller
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

dodgy umpire

The Boys in Red and Black are back

Longshanks

If its just for yourself then PS3 mate there are so many extras although for online gaming I'd probably say the x box. :-\

Minder

PS3 especially with the capability to play blu ray discs
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tankie

Quote from: Minder on August 26, 2008, 08:36:25 AM
PS3 especially with the capability to play blu ray discs

does anyone buy blu ray as they are quite expensive. Also would it not be that generally people with an interest in gaming will download their films?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bensars

I have the xbox and think its very good.

However a friend has the PS3 and can send movies from his computer wirelessly to the ps3.  Blu Ray also.

If i was doing it again i would be going ps3

mylestheslasher

I'd go for a modern gaming PC over either of them. PC technology has sped past both platforms of late and of course is also upgradable.

Tankie

Quote from: Bensars on August 26, 2008, 10:02:55 AM

However a friend has the PS3 and can send movies from his computer wirelessly to the ps3.  Blu Ray also.

you can do that with Xbox too! well wired anyway but i'm sure the wirless network would do the same!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Quote from: Tankie on August 26, 2008, 10:10:31 AM
Quote from: Bensars on August 26, 2008, 10:02:55 AM

you can do that with Xbox too! well wired anyway but i'm sure the wirless network would do the same!
You can do it wireless on the Xbox too
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Bensars

How ?

Do you not need to get a wireless adapter or something?

Gnevin

Quote from: Bensars on August 26, 2008, 11:48:03 AM
How ?

Do you not need to get a wireless adapter or something?
Yeah you need the wireless adapter alright
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

gerry

got my son a ps3 from Santa last Christmas.  disappointed with the game available for a ten year old and the hard drive packed in last April which seems to be a common fault with them
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,