Joe McQuillian - How NOT to referee

Started by JMohan, August 24, 2008, 06:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Talk about a bad referee .... no common sense and just on a complete ego trip.

He handed Kerry the advantage just after sending O'Se off and gave them 3 easy free kicks inside 40m in the next 10 mins whereas Cork couldn't get a free round the middle.
Panicked completely with the O'Mahony incident.
On another occasion when he booked Cooper he then threw the ball up???? what was that for? If it was a Cork free why not give it to them, if he retaliated then book him too.
A penalty that he had to give since he screwed Cork for 25 minutes earlier and didn't give one to Donaghy when Kavangh was putting the sadlle on him in the first half ...

I could on ... just a very poor game and not a ref I rate anyway ... looks like a real primary school teacher - why not talk to the players and calm them down rather than treating them like school children ....

.... bring back Pat for the replay and we might have a decent game.

(I really wish we could clone Pat)

Gaffer

Quote from: JMohan on August 24, 2008, 06:06:16 PM

... looks like a real primary school teacher -

What do you mean by that?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

J70

I have never rated McQuillan too highly since the infamous game when Brendan Devenney got so frustrated with him that he started pushing him after he gave him a second yellow!

I wouldn't fault him too much for the O'Mahoney incident though. He plainly consulted with the linesman about what happened.

orangeman

Joe's big day turned out to be a poor day and his chances of gettng an AI final went up in smoke.

He got all the big calls wrong -

Donaghy should have got a penalty in the 1st half when it was CLEARLY a penalty -

Cork's Graham Canty dived and it should have been a free out - instead he gave a penalty

O'Connor shuld not have been sent off -

After he sent Dara off, he gave 3 easy frees in a row to Kerry to make up for the sending off - either it was a justified sending off or it wasn't !

Poor day at the office for Joe.

Uladh

Clear penalty for me. pathetic attempt at a tackle for a man as the last line of defence

JMohan

Diet Coke

Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

orangeman

Quote from: Uladh on August 24, 2008, 07:28:26 PM

Clear penalty for me. pathetic attempt at a tackle for a man as the last line of defence

Cork's penalty or the one Kerry didn't get ?

Rois

Have actually had a wee fondness for him cause I've been following his senior refereeing career.

In fairness, I've seen worse.

Why does him looking like a primary school teacher offend you?  

orangeman

Quote from: Rois on August 24, 2008, 07:35:17 PM
Have actually had a wee fondness for him cause I've been following his senior refereeing career.

In fairness, I've seen worse.

Why does him looking like a primary school teacher offend you?  

That puts it into perspective then !  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: JMohan on August 24, 2008, 06:06:16 PM
Talk about a bad referee .... no common sense and just on a complete ego trip.

And where and in what do you referee yourself?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Yes, definitely a penalty to Cork. Brolly and O'Rourke were talking dung. If that had happened outfield it would have been a free-kick. It was a clear foul.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: Uladh on August 24, 2008, 07:38:25 PM

cork's

The Cork player took a dive -

Did you reckon Kerry didn't deserve a penalty for the foul on Donaghy or did he get that one right as well ?