Aidan O'Mahony = Pathetic

Started by Tankie, August 24, 2008, 05:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I did it once, playing soccer. This character was lashing into me time after time and the last time I lost the head and I swung my right fist at him from behind my knee. As it was on the upswing I realised I was going to hit him a lot harder than I meant and could possibly do him major damage, so in some sort of reflex action I opened the hand in mid swing and caught him a slap that could be heard three parishes away and still put him down. I felt stupid. Red card.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on August 31, 2008, 12:03:18 PM
I did it once, playing soccer. This character was lashing into me time after time and the last time I lost the head and I swung my right fist at him from behind my knee. As it was on the upswing I realised I was going to hit him a lot harder than I meant and could possibly do him major damage, so in some sort of reflex action I opened the hand in mid swing and caught him a slap that could be heard three parishes away and still put him down. I felt stupid. Red card.
Ever since the mouthwash I knew you weren't a man's man.

Players who like to provoke are going to have a field day now that you're allowed to slap because if you hit someone a slap in the face they are going to find it extremely hard not to respond with a thump or maybe we'll have grown "men" running around slapping each other, it'll be hair pulling next, taking off the football boots to throw them after that while calling each other sluts and slags - it's a man's game.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hardy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2008, 12:13:16 PM
Ever since the mouthwash I knew you weren't a man's man.

I've been forced by the authorities to use the mouthwash under the air quality regulations.

magickingdom

tankie, any chance youd change the title of this thread? everytime i come on the board it makes me want to puke. we've someone else on another thread referring to kerry players as scum and its too much

pintsofguinness

Quote from: magickingdom on August 31, 2008, 06:14:05 PM
tankie, any chance youd change the title of this thread? everytime i come on the board it makes me want to puke. we've someone else on another thread referring to kerry players as scum and its too much
Why? His behaviour was pathetic.  Dont you agree?

magickingdom

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2008, 06:18:49 PM

no pints, he bust his bolix all year providing free entertainment for the likes of you and me. he then goes to work

pintsofguinness

He's getting a grant at the end of the year isnt he?
Dont give me shite about what he's done all year, he cheated, his behaviour was pathetic and he and you should expect people to comment on that.

rory

Quote from: magickingdom on August 31, 2008, 06:23:54 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2008, 06:18:49 PM

no pints, he bust his bolix all year providing free entertainment for the likes of you and me. he then goes to work

That was me calling Kerry players scum and I apologised for going too far, but as I said, they're not a very likeable bunch.  As for O'Mahony, O'Connor bust his bolix all year providing free entertainment for the likes of you and me and goes to work and then some fool get's him sent off.

magickingdom

David McKeown

Crossing over from another thread.  in todays game which i only caught the highlights off so I may be wrong on this the Cork full back seemed to be sent off for attempting to kick the Gooch?  As Cooper was able to continue on and therefore not hurt in the incident should the cork player not be suspended as there was no real harm done to Cooper and Kerry were not penalised as the scored from the passage of play?  Suggestion have been made here that as O Connor didnt strike overally forcefully or gain any benefit from the strike then he shouldnt have been sent off.  Aagin im curious to know if we are moving towards a more international rules approach to striking?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

stephenite

Was wondering that myself David.

On a related note I thnk the Gooch should be commended for not going to ground and pretending he was dead

cadhlancian

Quote from: stephenite on September 01, 2008, 03:27:56 AM

On a related note I thnk the Gooch should be commended for not going to ground and pretending he was dead
commended for what? for constantly badgering the ref the whole game, yapping like a baby? the decision was correct to send off kavanagh, but commend gooch for what? he was gone about a second before the "kick" came ::)

stephenite

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 01, 2008, 04:10:37 AM
Quote from: stephenite on September 01, 2008, 03:27:56 AM

commended for what? for constantly badgering the ref the whole game, yapping like a baby? the decision was correct to send off kavanagh, but commend gooch for what? he was gone about a second before the "kick" came ::)

Which part of my post are you having difficulty with? Try reading it again, and if you're still having trouble get back to me with specifics and I'll see if I can straighten it out for you ::) ??? ::)

Billys Boots

QuoteI swung my right fist at him from behind my knee

Jaysus Hardy, how did you do that - are you a contortionist, as well as everything else?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

phpearse

QuoteOn a related note I thnk the Gooch should be commended for not going to ground and pretending he was dead

He did. After the score he went down for treatment.