The real reason for Derry's demise - Baseball Bats

Started by Muzz, August 22, 2008, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

QuoteJudge 'amazed' by baseball bats 

A district judge has told Londonderry court that he is "amazed by the number of baseball bats in this town".

Mr Barney McElholm made the comments after Philip O'Donnell, 40, from Baldrick Crescent, admitted going to another man's house armed with a bat.

Mr McElholm, who is from Tyrone, added: "If there were fewer, Derry might be more skilled at Gaelic football."

O'Donnell was given a two year conditional discharge. The baseball bat is to be destroyed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/7576321.stm

And here was everyone thinking it was the management...

thejuice

Really odd, as far as I'm aware there is no Irish league baseball team in Derry. What could they possibly be using them for?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

billy the kid

Quote from: thejuice on August 22, 2008, 03:19:40 PM
Really odd, as far as I'm aware there is no Irish league baseball team in Derry. What could they possibly be using them for?

Stirring soup perhaps?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

ExiledGael

comethekingdom

Quote from: Muzz on August 22, 2008, 01:49:12 PM
QuoteJudge 'amazed' by baseball bats 

A district judge has told Londonderry court that he is "amazed by the number of baseball bats in this town".

Mr Barney McElholm made the comments after Philip O'Donnell, 40, from Baldrick Crescent, admitted going to another man's house armed with a bat.

Mr McElholm, who is from Tyrone, added: "If there were fewer, Derry might be more skilled at Gaelic football."

O'Donnell was given a two year conditional discharge. The baseball bat is to be destroyed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/7576321.stm

And here was everyone thinking it was the management...

Londonderry????? where's that?

Square Ball

remember someone telling me that when he worked in a sports shop in Belfast city center they sold loads of baseball bats, but never any balls
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid