magickingdom

living in the south and opening a bank a/c in north, is it easy to do? thx

An Fear Rua

Quote from: magickingdom on August 18, 2008, 07:37:45 PM
living in the south and opening a bank a/c in north, is it easy to do? thx

similarly how easy is the reverse?
Its Grim up North

Shamrock Shore

Bring a passport/drivers licence and proof of address.

Basically the same as here.

magickingdom

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 19, 2008, 12:13:27 AM
Bring a passport/drivers licence and proof of address.

Basically the same as here.

thanks ss but must the address be in the north?

balladmaker

Not sure about opening one in the north with an address in the south, but I have done the reverse i.e. opened an account in the south, using a northern address.  All I needed was I.D. and proof of address.  It took no more than 5 minutes.

TirEoghaingodeo

Have a mate who had a bit of trouble with that, needed a bill or s/thing with a typed northern address as well as passport. Awkward enough. Give customer services for all the big banks a shout, but think you need a northern address.
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

screenexile

Used to work in a bank so have a fair idea how it works up here. AFAIK you will need a proof of address which NEEDS to be something concrete with your address on it like a landline phone bill (mobile is no use), Electricity bill, any documentation received from the revenue, bank statement. You will also need a prrof of ID, Passport/Driving license.

They will only allow you to open a basic account for the first while until they see you will use the account regularly, then they may give you a cheque book/maestro card after that. Shouldn't be a problem though.