tyrone v's wexford 2008 Ai semi final

Started by the Deel Rover, August 16, 2008, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Have Tyrone come up against any team this year that have rained high balls on top of their full back line? Haven't seen all the games so I'm just wondering as this seems to have been a bit of an achilles heel over the last couple of seasons.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

feetofflames

Did anyone else hear that Stevie O Came through a training session with thhe county last week.
Chief Wiggum

Over the Bar

QuoteDid anyone else hear that Stevie O Came through a training session with thhe county last week.

Yes him, PTG and Frank McGuigan snr are all flying in training.   John Lynch to stand in for PJ Quinn if he doesn't make it.

Final Whistle

shoot donaghy is looking back on top form again-the man oozes f*ckin class!!! ;D

tyssam5

Quote from: feetofflames on August 18, 2008, 03:42:36 PM
Agreed both men.  Listen Ive had tyrone people saying redficulous things about winning all irelands and the like and thats crazy talk.  The Dubs were the worst team Tyrone have played in Croke Park since Fermanagh 2003.  When we back up that performance Ill be happy because Ill know it was not a freak result of which theres been a lot this year.  I mena would form have pointed to the performance, Harte and Holmes had.  Fair fcuks to them guys, they were immense but Id expect the same the next day. 

Was just thinking that, you couldn't predict any results this year. Good odds on a Cork Wex final.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Just to put a little perspective on the individual face-offs, assuming (almost definitely incorrectly) that the teams will be as they lined out last game (and what each scored in that last game):

A Masterson

D Walsh                    P Wallace                B Malone
T Mc Guigan (0-2)    S Cavanagh (1-2)    C Mc Cullagh (0-3)

A Morrissey                D Murphy                C Morris
Joe Mc Mahon (1-1)  B Mc Guigan           B Dooher (0-3)

E Bradley          B Doyle
               E Mc Ginley (0-1) C Holmes

R Barry (0-2)              P Colfer                  C Byrne (0-1)
P Jordan               C Gormley (0-1)         D Harte (1-1)

C Lyng (0-5)            PJ Banville (0-1)         M Forde (1-5)
C Gourley             Justy Mc Mahon        R Mc Menamin

J Devine
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

supersarsfields

That's interesting alrite FOSB. Tyrone's scores more spread out with double the score takers. To be honest I can't see the starting line up change unless due to injury. It would be very hard to drop anyone from that team considering everyone played well against the Dubs. It would take some major preformances in training to win a starting berth now.

Gaffer

It s going to be a tight game, no doubt about that but its going to be won on the line.
Micky will make the nedessary changes at half time and Tyrone will progress!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

tyssam5

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 18, 2008, 08:29:56 PM
Just to put a little perspective on the individual face-offs, assuming (almost definitely incorrectly) that the teams will be as they lined out last game (and what each scored in that last game):

A Masterson

R Barry                     P Colfer                  C Byrne (0-1)

J Devine

That a good way to look at it, I think we had 8 different scorers in the Mayo game as well? Some of the newer lads like Tommy should be getting used to HQ now and hopefully can carry through the form from the Dublin game.

If Mulligan is anyway fit he should be champing at the bit at this stage, ditto for Mulgrew.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 18, 2008, 08:43:42 PM
To be honest I can't see the starting line up change unless due to injury. It would be very hard to drop anyone from that team considering everyone played well against the Dubs. It would take some major preformances in training to win a starting berth now.

Fair points ss, and there's probably just as little reason that the Wexford starting line-up would change too, so the teams mightn't be very far away from that come the 31st. MH was a happy man I'd say to have been able to put so many subs on on Saturday -- all the playing time there helps, however short or otherwise.

Gaffer

Wonder what Micky s belief in Mugsy is at the moment. Only gave him 2 minutes on Saturday. I feel that if he is looking to him for the next match ( or 2) he would have taken the opportunty to give him more playing time!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

boro

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 18, 2008, 08:29:56 PM

A Masterson

R Barry                    P Colfer                  C Byrne (0-1)

J Devine

Red barry scored two points against armagh

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Gaffer on August 18, 2008, 09:47:37 PM
Wonder what Micky s belief in Mugsy is at the moment. Only gave him 2 minutes on Saturday. I feel that if he is looking to him for the next match ( or 2) he would have taken the opportunty to give him more playing time!!!

I'd definitely start Mulligan against Wexford. He is like a caged animal at the moment.

Fear ón Srath Bán

omagh_gael

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 18, 2008, 11:03:12 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on August 18, 2008, 09:47:37 PM

I'd definitely start Mulligan against Wexford. He is like a caged animal at the moment.

Yeah I'd like to see him get a full game but there is no way MH could possibly drop any of the front 6, but how lucky are we to have the players of caliber like mugsy, penrose and mulgrew chomping at the bit to get into the action!! Training must be ferocious!