tyrone v's wexford 2008 Ai semi final

Started by the Deel Rover, August 16, 2008, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

There was a lot of Kerry fans at the match last Sunday Lynchboy but yeah often for a replay not as many show, especially as its another €45 and no Hill open

I for one can't see the comparison with 89 as we hadn't learnt to win in Croker back then but now we've more victories than defeats there now I think

Yeah Colm was out warming up with the squad the last day and I think there has been either some confusion over his injury as it was mentioned it was only a dis-located shoulder as there's no way he would be back so quick from a broken collarbone. Is there???

I'm wondering has Mickey given up on Mugsy's patchy performance and is why he hasn't played him for longer
Shirley if he wanted him for future games he would have given him more than 5 mins v Dublin

Its been a funny year as I can remember standing in Celtic park back in Feb thinking we're gonna really struggle this year as we've no forwards at all and we need to play Sean at FF. 6 months later and Mugsy and Mulgrew can't get their place and Colm Cavanagh will struggle to get back into the team.

I expect Gormley to pick up Mattie and Ricey to go to CHB again or maybe for conor to play in front of Mattie with Justy marking him.

I know its the same every day we play but I can see Wexford being dominant around the MF area and so we'll need big games again from or HF & Half Backs for breaking ball. I think you'll see Wexford maybe fouling us a lot more than the Dubs and not letting us settle into our stride.

I'm cautiously optmisiic but have been to enough games to know that football never pans out to what you expect it but with Dooher screaming in their ear all week that this could well be his last chance at an AI medal then he will DRIVE Them on

Final Whistle

it was the least serious of the two injuries. colm will provide an excellent option.  expect to see him getting a run out at some stage sunday.

Maybe the red hands could employ the very own twin towers!!! :o

feetofflames

Chief Wiggum

Fuzzman

Paul Quinn Fleet

Are others surprised Paul Quinn hasn't made more progress on this Tyrone team
I've saw him play for Errigal and he's a class act

So does anyone think Mickey will tamper with the starting team this week?
Will Homles get the nod again for MF

Everyone says our MF did well v Dublin but the stats don't seem to paint the same picture
It wasn't til the 20 something minute we won our 1st kickout

ziggysego

I reckon tyrone86 is a former player, prehaps even played in an All-Ireland Final ;)

What about it? Are you? :P
Testing Accessibility

feetofflames

I cant wait to hear the views of Cavofan newbie on the big game.   :D
Chief Wiggum

tyrone86

Still barking up the wrong tree with that one Ziggy.

feetofflames

Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on August 27, 2008, 02:23:41 PM
I reckon tyrone86 is a former player, prehaps even played in an All-Ireland Final ;)

What about it? Are you? :P

I reckon he is a player !  ;)

Over the Bar

QuoteAre others surprised Paul Quinn hasn't made more progress on this Tyrone team
I've saw him play for Errigal and he's a class act

The lad is getting over a life/career threatening injury.  Give him time.

Minder

Dooher takes another hefty swipe.......

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

The choice of Ulster referee Pat McEnaney to officate in an All-Ireland semi-final involving a team from his own province has been defended by the National Referees Association.

Some have seen the appointment as a surprise, considering that McEnaney hails from the same province as Tyrone and referees are usually chosen from the most netrual venue possible for a match of such importance, but National Referees's spokesman Fr Seamus Gardiner has said that the ruling has been relaxed since last year.

"We have moved away from that," admitted Gardiner. "It is not as stringent as it was."

"The present appointments committee changed it last year; they said the appointments will mainly be from outside the province, but not necessarily always."

Wexford officials also seem to be okay with the appointment too, indicating that it will be up to the team to do their best to try and win the game.

"The referee won't beat us on Sunday," said County Board chairman Ger Doyle. "We have to go and play our game and we won't be blaming the referee or anything like that.

"Pat (McEnaney) won't be going out because he is from Ulster; he'll be going out to do a fair job."

Another Ulster referee will be officiating the replay clash between Cork and Kerry at Croke Park on the same day. Donegal's Jimmy White will be the man in the middle and is sure to have his hands full after Munster's greatest rivals produced a heated encounter in their meeting last Sunday at the same venue.

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 27, 2008, 02:49:25 PM
Still barking up the wrong tree with that one Ziggy.

I'm onto you and I still think I know which player you were..... even though you denied it several times. :P
Testing Accessibility

filthylittlebeast

;)  Come On Tyrone !! Come on Mugsy !!  ::) ::)