Oasis

Started by The Gs Man, August 15, 2008, 09:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

Where did you hear the mention of a presale for the superfans.  I havent heard anything about that yet.  Just a general sale.  The Verve done that this year but I thought it was only to see how sales would do and if they should put on a second night.

his holiness nb

Saw them in Slane backing up REM right before the went huge. Then again a few years back in the Point, great live band, great band full stop.
Ask me holy bollix

peterquaife

Quote from: Donagh on August 15, 2008, 11:21:38 AM
Seen them in Philadelphia in '96. Worst concert I've ever attended.

the one in the summer of '96 with the manics supporting? you have cloth ears? that was a brilliant gig....also caught the manics play in Maxwells in Hoboken a few days before between supporting Oasis in NY and Philadelphia, $6 odd in, super night

PQ

Maguire01

Quote from: laceer on August 15, 2008, 04:12:08 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 15, 2008, 01:34:39 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 15, 2008, 01:25:36 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 15, 2008, 01:10:28 PM
Terrible band and very dull live.

Also a very high spide and lout count at their gigs.

Why did you go and see them if they are "terrible". I wouldnt be a huge fan but did see them in Odyssey in 2005 and it was a great concert.
I didn't really - they were at a festival.

was it at oxegen about 5 or 6 years ago by any chance?i saw them that time as well and it wasnt their best performance by a mile.
if you've never been to one of their gigs how do you know theres a high spide and lout count?
Firstly, i know people who worked in the Odyssey. I also heard the stories of fights in the crowd at one of the Odyssey gigs last time around. And i know the kind of crowd that follow Oasis - and i know that's a sweeping generalisation, but that generalisation impacts on the general tone of the crowd.
BTW, i think it was the Oxegen gig i was at.

The Gs Man

::)

Here's me and my muckers before the last Oasis gig in the Odyssey.

We were all clean aff ar bakes!  Wrote te death!!! Winged aff ar tits.

(Thats me at the front with my eyes closed......bear in mind I had just knecked 4 Mitsubishis back-to-back)

Keep 'er lit

Shortso79

Seen them 5 times - 2005 in the odyssey was the best one for me and I was sober ! (for a change)

Noel said today that they wouldnt play the 02 Area in London - it was too corporate....

Muzz

10 Years of Noise and Confusion in the Barrowlands was without doubt the best Oasis concert ever.  Odyssey was good but Barrowlands was amazing.  Up close and personal and small crowd.

Gs Man - where did you hear about the pre release?

The Gs Man

Theres talk about it on a forum Im on, but it hasn't been mentioned officially so touts don't just sign up to get the password and make a profit.  It may not happen, but if it does, I should be getting an email on monday.
Keep 'er lit

Treasurer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 15, 2008, 02:30:17 PM
Saw Oasis at the point in the early/mid 90's.
Luckily I went the first night, as liam gallagher lost his voice after this and couldnt sing for the remaining three nights shows !

I was at one of the Liam-less nights and have to say it was a great night, but maybe my judgement was clouded by things other than the concert!  Saw them a couple of other times too, enjoyed them, but then again maybe I'm just easily pleased when it comes to live music  :)

Donagh

Quote from: peterquaife on August 15, 2008, 05:39:48 PM
Quote from: Donagh on August 15, 2008, 11:21:38 AM
Seen them in Philadelphia in '96. Worst concert I've ever attended.

the one in the summer of '96 with the manics supporting? you have cloth ears? that was a brilliant gig....also caught the manics play in Maxwells in Hoboken a few days before between supporting Oasis in NY and Philadelphia, $6 odd in, super night

PQ

It was shite. Arrived early enough to hear Liam and Noel fighting during the sound check while we were having a few beers outside. Entered the ground to find tattooed wankers trying to confiscate cameras, and Liam then pissed off after a few songs. Shit gig, shit atmosphere, shit band...

Donagh

Quote from: The Gs Man on August 15, 2008, 07:06:36 PM
::)

Here's me and my muckers before the last Oasis gig in the Odyssey.

We were all clean aff ar bakes!  Wrote te death!!! Winged aff ar tits.

(Thats me at the front with my eyes closed......bear in mind I had just knecked 4 Mitsubishis back-to-back)

Your a mad bastid Gs!!!  :D :D :D :D

redboots

Any word on the presale password
Red Boots

The Gs Man

nahin yet.  got an email this morning but it just mentioned being able to buy exclusive tracks or something.  No mention of a pre-sale.  I'll keep an eye out tonight though.

Keep 'er lit

Tankie

my only problem with Oasis live is that the gigs are too short. generally 12 song sets for €80 can feel like a bit of a rip off!
Grand Slam Saturday!

shark

The last two times in the point they played 18 songs both nights