Belfast Hotels

Started by clareman, August 14, 2008, 12:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazer

The big wheel is ok - its one of those things you just have to do! Although i think its nicer at night
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Lazer on August 14, 2008, 02:57:12 PM
The big wheel is ok - its one of those things you just have to do! Although i think its nicer at night

But then all you would see is lights!!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Just before Christmas you have the Continental Market at the front of City Hall beside the wheel, very good.
Pubs and clubs in town will all be packed christmas parties and all. Book your hotel soon.
Tbc....

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 14, 2008, 03:04:19 PM
Just before Christmas you have the Continental Market at the front of City Hall beside the wheel, very good.
Pubs and clubs in town will all be packed christmas parties and all. Book your hotel soon.

That continental market is brilliant! Kanaroo/Crocodile/Ostrich burgers etc all class, plus the free meat samples ae brilliant... Pity the drink is so dear in those wee bars though. That would be a good time for the wheel.

nifan

Never seen the crocodile anytime ive been - do they sell them in the packed stuff to take home?

They also never seem to have springbok even though its on the board.

Our Nail Loney

No I think its there on the hot plate... Did ya ever think though that they were just giving you a randowm burger? Justa pile ofr cooked ones sitting all looking exactly the same, you tell them what one and they just lift the nearest! Or am i just being paranoid!

full back

Yeah, they do sell them in packets to take home
Not the cheapest mind you, but it is a bit of a novelty

(You could be right about the burger they give you Nail)

nifan

Wondered that too:) last time they had a buffalo burger as well that was bigger though.

Our Nail Loney

Yeah its hardly as if we can turn round and say hold on this isn't ostrich!! The are tasty burgers though, even if expensive! I never bought any of the take home stuff though, was always going down when I was a student and I got the feeling they wouldnt be as nice made on a crusty George Foreman grill!!

But you don't get anything cheap really down at that wee market, still good though. Always look forward to it.

The Iceman

I stayed in Madisons hotel the last time we were stopping over - rooms are great but try to get the 2nd or third floor

residents bar opens late and theres plenty of craic

close to bars and good for walking down town
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

full back

Hog in a roll or something like that was always a huge seller

take_yer_points

Quote from: orangeman on August 14, 2008, 12:50:25 PM
The Hilton  - you can walk to the venue - about 4/5 minutes away on foot.

We have a corporate deal with the Hilton through work - let me know if you're interesed and I'll see how much it comes in at

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 14, 2008, 02:39:38 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 14, 2008, 02:28:24 PM
Thew big wheel is meant to be good. Not a lot else - you can go spide-watching on the ormeau road.

Get a nice fry in helen's home bakery

and probably asked did you ride the girl your with!!

INDIANA

ridicuously overpriced and over -rated are belfast hotels ,one could stay in a 5 star hotel anywhere across europe cheaper than belfast.

Minus15

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 14, 2008, 02:53:03 PM
I know a fella who brought a girl to the wheel on a first date... Shit idea I thought but think it did the trick!

Think it did the trick? what was he looking from the first date nail??