Is Lucas a 'Bigot' ?

Started by full back, August 12, 2008, 10:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Kane

Quote from: ziggysego on August 12, 2008, 04:52:43 PM
The time Tommy McDermott was in Big Brother, he was asked to turn the Christmas lights up somewhere up the country. Lisburn or Lurgan or somewhere. The loyalists put a death threat out on him before he wore a Tyrone shirt and a Greencastle top on Big Brother.

I would support a death threat on ANYONE who ever appeared on Big Brother, regardless of creed or colour, especially that talentless bint who presents it.  ;)

Puckoon

Well it wasnt justified - not even for a man who got a hardon on national television!

nifan

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 12, 2008, 05:45:25 PM
Don't, then. Why not go on being offended, whilst you contribute to the listening figures which attract the advertising revenues which pays for the broadcasting which so clearly offends you? After all, that (and giving off on websites like this) will achieve a great deal more than firing off an e-mail to the station to say that if they continue to broadcast such views, you'll stop listening and boycott their advertisers.

After all, it's not as if there are any other radio stations for you to listen to in the morning...

In fairness EG there is annoyance from ourselves over tonys utterances, and they are discussed at length.
It is fair enough if people want to discuss an idiots on air performances - we do often enough,

Niall Quinn

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 12, 2008, 04:51:06 PM

On a side note, why didn't they just wear one of the gloves backwards, then both would have used the same hand..

The gloves had a white lining, and they deemed this would send out the wrong message.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Evil Genius

Quote from: nifan on August 12, 2008, 06:27:11 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on August 12, 2008, 05:45:25 PM
Don't, then. Why not go on being offended, whilst you contribute to the listening figures which attract the advertising revenues which pays for the broadcasting which so clearly offends you? After all, that (and giving off on websites like this) will achieve a great deal more than firing off an e-mail to the station to say that if they continue to broadcast such views, you'll stop listening and boycott their advertisers.

After all, it's not as if there are any other radio stations for you to listen to in the morning...

In fairness EG there is annoyance from ourselves over tonys utterances, and they are discussed at length.
It is fair enough if people want to discuss an idiots on air performances - we do often enough,
I've no problem with people exchanging opinions on a forum like this - how could I, I'm doing so right now! But such forums ("fora"?) are not the same as a public radio station. If someone here spouts offensive views, the rest of us can take them up on them and, if necessary, the Mods may act.
No such sanction applies to Radio, therefore I was suggesting an effective alternative.
But it was no more than a suggestion and U105 is not publicly funded, so that if Full Back really wants to go on swallowing the crap which is giving him haemorrhoids, then more fool him...
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Solomon Kane

Quote from: Puckoon on August 12, 2008, 06:22:08 PM
Well it wasnt justified - not even for a man who got a hardon on national television!

At least a damn good kicking then? 

Puckoon

ziggysego

You telling me Puck, you'd wouldn't getting a massage from Melanie? Solomon, the later years definately, but not the 2/3 years.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

If I recall - he was the one doing the massaging, and no, Id like to think Id have a little more restraint with me mammy watching.

nifan

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 12, 2008, 06:54:17 PM
I've no problem with people exchanging opinions on a forum like this - how could I, I'm doing so right now! But such forums ("fora"?) are not the same as a public radio station. If someone here spouts offensive views, the rest of us can take them up on them and, if necessary, the Mods may act.
No such sanction applies to Radio, therefore I was suggesting an effective alternative.
But it was no more than a suggestion and U105 is not publicly funded, so that if Full Back really wants to go on swallowing the crap which is giving him haemorrhoids, then more fool him...

Aye but im sure we mentioned his infamous radio display after the Wales game wasnt it :P

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on August 12, 2008, 07:40:49 PM
If I recall - he was the one doing the massaging, and no, Id like to think Id have a little more restraint with me mammy watching.

Must admit, my memory is a little fuzzy of the whole thing. However your memory is razor shape...... watching and studying him closely were you? ;)
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Quote from: Niall Quinn on August 12, 2008, 06:51:14 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 12, 2008, 04:51:06 PM

On a side note, why didn't they just wear one of the gloves backwards, then both would have used the same hand..

The gloves had a white lining, and they deemed this would send out the wrong message.

I meant backwards as in upside down. You know the way we used to wear the old Mikasa gloves when you realised your Ma had made pairs of the two left ones* or whatever??

*Every GAA player from 1985 to 1998 had at least 3 pairs of Mikasa gloves. The new ones with the rubber still sticky on the black dots. The worn down ones, and the old ones with the elastic gone at the wrists. They were great on a really wet day. We played Laois in a minor challenge one day, pissing rain in Portarlington. Some lad hit me a shoulder into the chest and both Mikasa glove flew off when my arms shot out in front of me. 'Twas like a cartoon. But I digress, you know what I mean.

Orior

Do the people who claim that there are bigots on both sides on the northern divide really believe such? Here is a list of activities that ordinary prods get up to, and your challenge is to counter them with things that taigs have done.

Throwing urine on primary school children
Knifing a 13 year old five times in the back in north Belfast
Burning the 3 Quinn children to death in Ballymoney
Shouting abuse at southern teams in the Milk cup
Calling gays evil

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

full back

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 12, 2008, 06:54:17 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but you can keep them to your f**king self in future
Im entitled to say whatever I want on a forum & if I want to comment on some bigot who gets time in the media (radio & paper) then I am entitled to.If you are only going to come on and attempt to belittle me then stay the fcuk out of the thread.....

Main Street

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on August 12, 2008, 05:11:32 PM
Interesting story about Peter Norman, the Aussie silver medallist.  He died in 2006 and Tommie Smith helped carry his coffin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Norman

There's an unusual tribute to Norman in the overall concept of the statues which were unveiled in tribute to Carlos and Smith.

"Norman never strayed from a life of humility. When a sculpture was unveiled of Smith and Carlos last year in California, Norman was left off, the silver medal platform purposely vacant so others could stand in his place. Smith and Carlos protested it, feeling it fed the false idea of Norman as political bystander. But Norman himself who travelled from Australia to California for the unveiling said, "I love that idea. Anybody can get up there and stand up for something they believe in. I guess that just about says it all."