Is Lucas a 'Bigot' ?

Started by full back, August 12, 2008, 10:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 12, 2008, 02:57:08 PM
I didn't hear the radio interview but I don't see in the initial post on this thread where "lucas" said that 'everyone connect with the GAA supposrts terrorism'. Anyway, its a total non event either way in my opinion.

He might not have, but i meant to point it out as an opinion shared by a hardcore minority

his holiness nb

EG, whether the quality of the programme is good or not is irrelevant. Theres enough gullible "hard of thinking" young lads out there who will lap up what he says, and the cycle of hatred continues.
To roll ones eyes and suggest "if you dont like it, tune out" is a bit of a cop out, whatever you think of the level of programming or intellect of the listeners, this guy is being given a media platform to spread hatred. He being highly offensive, people are perfectly entitled and justified in being disgusted by this carry on.

**thats purely my opinion on the subject matter, I trust mods advice will be taken into account and we can avoid personal jibes by reply**
Ask me holy bollix

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: rosnarun on August 12, 2008, 11:45:34 AM
Not while there are idiot point scoring  over every remark an idiot from the other tradition makes. I never feel more solidarty with our Black Brothers than i do reading some of the contribution to this board

AZOffaly

The silver medallist must have felt like a right spare when he saw that picture.

full back

Just the sort of reply I expected from EG
Why the fcuk should I have to change the channel?
The rolling eyes is another cop out

dec

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 12, 2008, 04:38:17 PM
The silver medallist must have felt like a right spare when he saw that picture.

The silver medalist knew what was going to happen.

AZOffaly

Quote from: dec on August 12, 2008, 04:45:10 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 12, 2008, 04:38:17 PM

The silver medalist knew what was going to happen.

Very interesting dec, cheers for that.

On a side note, why didn't they just wear one of the gloves backwards, then both would have used the same hand..

ziggysego

The time Tommy McDermott was in Big Brother, he was asked to turn the Christmas lights up somewhere up the country. Lisburn or Lurgan or somewhere. The loyalists put a death threat out on him before he wore a Tyrone shirt and a Greencastle top on Big Brother.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 12, 2008, 03:59:21 PM
Not while there are idiot point scoring  over every remark an idiot from the other tradition makes. I never feel more solidarty with our Black Brothers than i do reading some of the contribution to this board

These two got some award at the ESPN "ESPYS" last month, was a great commentary on their careers, and the symbolism of their gesture - it wasnt so much "black power" as an attempt to tell a nation that they were very proud to be americans, and represent their country, but that at home they were proud to be black, and didnt want to be the second class citizen.

Yes I Would

Quote from: ziggysego on August 12, 2008, 04:52:43 PM
The time Tommy McDermott was in Big Brother, he was asked to turn the Christmas lights up somewhere up the country. Lisburn or Lurgan or somewhere. The loyalists put a death threat out on him before he wore a Tyrone shirt and a Greencastle top on Big Brother.

For God and Ulster

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Puckoon on August 12, 2008, 05:01:58 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 12, 2008, 03:59:21 PM

These two got some award at the ESPN "ESPYS" last month, was a great commentary on their careers, and the symbolism of their gesture - it wasnt so much "black power" as an attempt to tell a nation that they were very proud to be americans, and represent their country, but that at home they were proud to be black, and didnt want to be the second class citizen.

Interesting story about Peter Norman, the Aussie silver medallist.  He died in 2006 and Tommie Smith helped carry his coffin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Norman
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 12, 2008, 03:53:08 PM
EG, whether the quality of the programme is good or not is irrelevant. Theres enough gullible "hard of thinking" young lads out there who will lap up what he says, and the cycle of hatred continues.
To roll ones eyes and suggest "if you dont like it, tune out" is a bit of a cop out, whatever you think of the level of programming or intellect of the listeners, this guy is being given a media platform to spread hatred. He being highly offensive, people are perfectly entitled and justified in being disgusted by this carry on.

When Myles The Slasher posted: "I didn't hear the radio interview but I don't see in the initial post on this thread where "lucas" said that 'everyone connect with the GAA supposrts terrorism'. Anyway, its a total non event either way in my opinion.", no-one turned a hair.
Yet when I post my opinion, inter alia condemning Lucas for being an idiot, and possibly a bigoted one, at that, it draws a (predictable) reaction.

And in case you've forgottedn, the title of the Thread is "Bigotry - will it ever end?". So as well as condemning the sort of crap being spouted by Lucas, I actually offered a solution i.e. stop tuning in to these stations and the likes of Lucas won't get a platform for their odious views. Simple, really. Or do people have some sort of "Human Right" to hear brainless crap down the airwaves?  ???

But whilst we're on the subject of the "disgusting carry on" which so agitates you, someone else in this thread brought up the case of Workplace Bullying, whereby a Tribunal made a significant payment order in compensation for atrocious treatment suffered by an immigrant worker. Despite this being considerably more serious than the ramblings of some idiot local councillor on a radio programme, again, neither you nor anyone else turned a hair. Any particular reason, HHNB? 

But hey, I'm the "immigrant", here, so I guess I should expect to have to account for my views...  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: full back on August 12, 2008, 04:41:18 PM
Just the sort of reply I expected from EG
Why the fcuk should I have to change the channel?
Don't, then. Why not go on being offended, whilst you contribute to the listening figures which attract the advertising revenues which pays for the broadcasting which so clearly offends you? After all, that (and giving off on websites like this) will achieve a great deal more than firing off an e-mail to the station to say that if they continue to broadcast such views, you'll stop listening and boycott their advertisers.

After all, it's not as if there are any other radio stations for you to listen to in the morning...
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Puckoon

Evil Genius

Quote from: Puckoon on August 12, 2008, 05:51:30 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on August 12, 2008, 05:39:22 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 12, 2008, 03:53:08 PM
when I post my opinion, inter alia

I like that one EG - whats that mean to a layman?

"Amongst other things" - I always said it was a sad day for Ireland when the Catholic Church put an end to the Latin... ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"