If you were giving out All Stars at this stage, who would be shoo ins ?

Started by orangeman, August 11, 2008, 03:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Who would be certain of An All Star at this stage ???

Shefflin
Larkin
Ben and Jerry O'Connor
Gardiner
Canning Joe
Mc Graths of Waterford
Brown
Eoin Kelly
Shane Mc Grath
Brendan Cummins
JJ Delaney

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

EddieMerx

orangeman

No doubt - put him in there.

I've a similar thread going on in the football section - this is one subject that really sparks debate.

I was also saying that we should pick a team now just to see what the effect the AI final has on the selection. A player who is haing a decent year can seal it with a big game in the AI final.

davereilly

Seán Óg Ó hAilpín has been on fire this season, he deserves one too.

John Mullane too.

orangeman

O hAilpin got his fill of it yesterday.

Mullane has been good no doubt.

youbetterbelieveit

A few outsiders that have caught my attention this year
David O'Callaghan  - Dublin
Joe Bergin  - Offaly
Brian O'Connell - Clare
Niall Gilligan - Clare
Seamus Callinan - Tipperary
Rory Jacob - Wexford

Also others who should be mentioned
Eoin kelly  - Waterford
Lar Corbett - Tipperary
Diarmuid Lyng - Kilkenny

gallsman

youngfella

how can you pick a forward thats not from kilkenny after that display yesterday? All six of them can play in any position they want, I seen henry back helping out this half backs. I love how canning plays but the kilkenny forwards are special and shouldnt be broken up.
Pull hard and early

AZOffaly

Couldn't give one to Joe Bergin. He was quiet against Waterford, and his only great game was against Limerick, he missed time with Injury as well.

I wouldn't pick All Stars just yet positionally, but some lads I have seen that would be there or thereabouts so far would be... (not exhaustive, just off the top of my head)

Goalies
Cummins
Donal

Backs
Conor O'Mahoney
Tommy Walsh
JJ Delaney
John Gardiner
Tony Brown
Eoin Murphy
Shane O'Neill

Midfielders
Cha Fitz
Shane McGrath
Tom Kenny
Derek Lyng

Forwards
Seamus Callinane
Eoin Kelly Tipp
Eoin Kelly Waterford
Aidan Fogarty
John Mullane
Lar Corbett
Joe Canning
Ben O'Connor
Eoin Larkin

imtommygunn

You wouldn't pick Power or Comerford on yesterday.

Also Eoin Kelly, of Waterford, has been consistently hammering over big totals. Don't think he can be left out.

EddieMerx

Very hard to pick yet if you ask me, for Wexford only Quigley has played well in all games but I still think there will be quiet a few ahead in the pecking order. To be honest I'd find it very hard to pick guys above most of the Kilkenny team

Probably Kilkenny plus Lar Corbett and either of the Eoin Kellys (Less Power and Comerford) Possibles Shane McGrath, Mullane and I need to watch a replay of yesterday before I'd make a decision on Tom Kenny although Cha Fitz would be nailed on so only one of McGrath or Kenny.

AZOffaly

If it's a toss up between McGrath and Tom Kenny, I'd have to say McGrath.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2008, 05:04:00 PM
If it's a toss up between McGrath and Tom Kenny, I'd have to say McGrath.

I'd go for Kenny - was it 3 from play yesterday ? Thought Kenny had a great year.

gallsman

Quote from: youngfella on August 11, 2008, 04:39:04 PM
how can you pick a forward thats not from kilkenny after that display yesterday? All six of them can play in any position they want, I seen henry back helping out this half backs. I love how canning plays but the kilkenny forwards are special and shouldnt be broken up.

Richie Power was played (and taken) off the pitch.

EddieMerx

McGrath also has been great, next weekend will probably be the deciding factor. I expect McGrath will once again win the midfield battle and rubber stamp his claim on the All-Star.