Bad Weekend for Armagh people.......

Started by under the bar, August 10, 2008, 08:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Firstly the seniors get taken to the cleaners by a Tommy Murphy Cup team, then their finest son's team comes up short against Cork and to add insult to injury the women get annihilated by their fiercest rivals Tyrone.

Allegedly there's Novenas runnin all across the county prayin for a Dublin winning score-line against Tyrone similar to that of the 1977 All-Ireland final........

A buckfast embargo or a plague of dippers could well spiral the county into insanity........ ;) :P

orangeman

Shit happens but 7 Ulsters out of 10 is a very good run and whilst they may be disappointed, I think they'll reflect on a decent season.

pintsofguinness

Allegedly there's Novenas runnin all across the county prayin for a Dublin winning score-line against Tyrone similar to that of the 1977 All-Ireland final........
I don't know, I'll shrug my shoulders if Tyrone lose but if Dublin lose I'll be pissing myself laughing.

btw, a tommy murphy cup team? A team that's now in the Semi Final of the All Ireland?

Oh yeah, personally I couldn't care less about Kildare and didn't even know the women were playing.

Silverbridge won today though so I'm happy enough.

Don't be losing any sleep over us under the bar.  ;) 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tubberman

Jesus there's some amount of shite on this board lately  >:(
Premiership is starting soon so hopefully the gobshites will be attracted like flies to shit
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Real1995

Quote from: under the bar on August 10, 2008, 08:24:45 PM
Firstly the seniors get taken to the cleaners by a Tommy Murphy Cup team

A Tommy Murphy team who defeated Down who if i can remember beat your native tyrone  :o and if my memory serves me right they also defeated tyrone in the national league semi final a few years ago  :'(
Nice guys always finish second!

comethekingdom

Firstly the seniors get taken to the cleaners by a Tommy Murphy Cup team, then their finest son's team comes up short against Cork and to add insult to injury the women get annihilated by their fiercest rivals Tyrone.

A buckfast embargo or a plague of dippers could well spiral the county into insanity........ ;) :P

Then there was the flooding on the M1 etc which caused a pile of grief for the travelling Armagh supporters going back up the road - Could have done without that after the poor show in CP.

meathie

why is this kinda of crap thread on the board. yes we know Armagh had a dissapointing weekend as did alot of others, sooo.. >:(   Im worse for replying I know but for gods sake, come on ppl  >:(

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: meathie on August 11, 2008, 11:08:31 AM
why is this kinda of crap thread on the board. yes we know Armagh had a dissapointing weekend as did alot of others, sooo.. >:(   Im worse for replying I know but for gods sake, come on ppl  >:(

Good call Meathie. Like you I'm torn between feeling the need to reply and ignoring it. Under the bar wrote in the 'diving hall of fame' thread;

Quote from: under the bar on July 29, 2008, 10:21:43 PM
What a shit thread. 

I wonder can he see the irony?    :)

Is there any way that this sort of nonsense can be eradicated from the board, as it really is dragging things down, or is it just a matter of grin and bear it?

Hardy

The juvenile crowing, taunting and goading that goes on here when a team gets beaten is very annoying. You'd hope GAA people would be better, but you can't legislate for it.

What annoy me even more are the poeple who go out of their way to single out players for negative comment, or even abuse. Some can't wait for a Francie Bellew to make a mistake so that they can crow that he's finished or for a Galvin to lose the head so  that they can indulge their holier-than-thou ranting. Others seem never to have anything to say about a game except to seek out any (real or imagined) misbehavior so that they can proceed to label people as "tramps", etc. You could have watched the best game in  years, but all some can comment about is "did you see the sly dig A gave B" or whatever. Pathetic.

dodgyrightfoot

Quote from: Hardy on August 11, 2008, 12:38:50 PM
The juvenile crowing, taunting and goading that goes on here when a team gets beaten is very annoying. You'd hope GAA people would be better, but you can't legislate for it.
Totally agree with ya hardy..but it is something that is going to happen. As i watched my fermanagh team get defeated in clones in the ulster final while armagh fans sang 'wide wide wide delilah' with every kick of the ball as well as 'wheres ure famous barry owens??' which i thought was particularly low due to the poor lads injury, they hav to b able to put up with what will come back at them..but it wont be coming from me.

full back

Quote from: dodgyrightfoot on August 11, 2008, 12:47:48 PM
As i watched my fermanagh team get defeated in clones in the ulster final while armagh fans sang 'wide wide wide delilah' with every kick of the ball

:D :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hardy on August 11, 2008, 12:38:50 PM

What annoy me even more are the poeple who go out of their way to single out players for negative comment, or even abuse. Some can't wait for a Francie Bellew to make a mistake so that they can crow that he's finished or for a Galvin to lose the head so  that they can indulge their holier-than-thou ranting. Others seem never to have anything to say about a game except to seek out any (real or imagined) misbehavior so that they can proceed to label people as "tramps", etc. You could have watched the best game in  years, but all some can comment about is "did you see the sly dig A gave B" or whatever. Pathetic.
whats worse Hardy is the new found physical goading in croker.
did you see the cork and kilkenny fans when the camera was panning around - giving two and one fingered salutes , plus the shaking hand sign, as well as fellas obv roaring abuse and waving 'goodbye' - and these lads on tv were no spring chickens.

now I know there has always been some banter/verbals at Gaelic games for a few folks, but normally you shake hands at the end of it, but what I was seeing on TV goes way beyond that !
sadly
>:(

dodgyrightfoot

Quote from: full back on August 11, 2008, 12:51:29 PM
Quote from: dodgyrightfoot on August 11, 2008, 12:47:48 PM
As i watched my fermanagh team get defeated in clones in the ulster final while armagh fans sang 'wide wide wide delilah' with every kick of the ball

:D :D

credit where credit is due..that was kinda funny!!

A Quinn Martin Production

Less of the Tommy Murphy insults...we are the champions!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

under the bar

Ah jaysus lads, have ye no sense of humour? didn't ye see the  ;) :P

Incidentally did anyone spot Fearon in Croker??  Sorry to indulge in a bit of schadenfreude but there can be no better sight than him headin for the exits the face trippin him after his declarations about things being "put right in September when Armagh win their 2nd Sam"