Croke Park parking

Started by corn02, August 06, 2008, 11:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Is the new parking restrictions in place?  Is there park and rides or anything?

armaghniac

The new restrictions never came into place.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Doire abú

Topic: Croke Park parking

lol.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Doire abú on August 07, 2008, 12:54:15 AM

lol.

Not that it'll concern you much funny enough lol :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

corn02

I heard it was meant to come in from the qfs on? Is it def not in place then?

never kickt a ball

"New Park 'n' Ride" service for All Ireland Matches in Croke Park, from the following locations: Bray Emmet's GAA, Fingallions GAA Swords, Naas GAA and Ratoath GAA.

.......visit www.buseireann.ie

Taken from Tyrone V Westmeath programme

Here is latest infomation for Saturday's and Sunday's games including minors.

http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=645&month=Aug

and the Park 'n' Ride:

http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=644&month=Aug

EugeneGeraghty

It is in place already. I know that 90 plus cars were clamped on the road last left before Quinns coming in from the North.

The GAA has announced a new Park & Ride service to Croke Park from GAA clubs on the periphery of Dublin starting on Sunday next 20th July. The service is being provided in co-operation with Bus Éireann and will operate from Fingallians GAA club in Swords, Naas GAA club, Bray Emmets GAA club and the Ratoath club. Buses will depart these venues at 12.15 pm and return one hour after the programme of games. The drop-off and pick-up location will be Mountjoy Square close to Croke Park.

Gaffer

On Sunday we parked on a street on the right as you come in from the north (on the same side as Quinns) . It was just pure luck that we came accross someone who told us that an ordinay parking ticket only lasted 3 hours. Due to the double header we knew that we would be there for longer. An opportunist 'local resident' was on hand with a handful of 24hr residents passes which he had bought for 1.25 euros but was happy to collect 10 euros for each after trying his luck at 20 euros. Either pay up or be clamped. The Dubliners want us in their bars etc but not our cars in their streets.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

armaghniac

QuoteIt was just pure luck that we came accross someone who told us that an ordinay parking ticket only lasted 3 hours.

Does it not say this on the machine that sells tickets? It is just as cheap to park somewhere further out where parking is free and just get a bus in.

However, it is tough for a double header on a Saturday, perhaps these should start later.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Should the thread not be entitled Croke Parking?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaffer

Should the thread not be entitled Croke Parking? ;
;D
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Doire abú

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 07, 2008, 04:16:52 AM
Quote from: Doire abú on August 07, 2008, 12:54:15 AM

lol.

Not that it'll concern you much funny enough lol :D

Back in my box.   :D :D

thejuice

Lads, anyone know what it would cost to park in the Irish Life car park on Lower Abby Street. Is it open at all on Sundays.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magickingdom

coming from the south a lot of people park at the red cow (just off the m50) and get the luas in to the city center. i normally find a spot behind the 4 courts and walk from there

thejuice

Quote from: thejuice on May 31, 2009, 10:14:43 PM
Lads, anyone know what it would cost to park in the Irish Life car park on Lower Abby Street. Is it open at all on Sundays.

Can anyone help me with this, its getting kind of urgent. Will be in Dublin nearly the whole day Sunday and not just for the games so need somewhere affordable and secure. Normally we park out be Tolka park but cant do that in this instance.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016