Contact Lenses

Started by downgirl, August 04, 2008, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 05, 2008, 06:31:29 PM
QuoteWhat kind of horror stories tam, and are the numbers representative to really worry about it?

I've heard of people going blind. And what the frig do ya mean about representative?! Sure that's some way to look at. Me stuck without my sight but sure as long as the other 99% are grand, sure what's the harm?!

Anyway I think my glasses are distinguished - that's my line and I'm sticking to it!

Well lets say you need a hernia repaired - or a simple (?) surgery. You'd think it would be no big deal, but people die in surgery. Some people go in for a hernia repair and they give them a frontal lobotomy. Not often, and you are probably safer with a hernia repair than open heart surgery - but still, you'd like to know if the numbers are representative i.e 14 out of 20 people died getting their hernia fixed against say 1:140,000.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Well lets say you need a hernia repaired - or a simple (?) surgery. You'd think it would be no big deal, but people die in surgery. Some people go in for a hernia repair and they give them a frontal lobotomy. Not often, and you are probably safer with a hernia repair than open heart surgery - but still, you'd like to know if the numbers are representative i.e 14 out of 20 people died getting their hernia fixed against say 1:140,000.

Ach I know that puck, wasn't really being serious before. Just wouldn't have a strong desire for Laser surgery for the aul eyes.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Puckoon

You specky hewers is all the same ;)

I could be needing something soon myself - my right eyelid just keeps twitching. Been at it for a few weeks now, its beginning to irritate the crap out of me.

downgirl

I get that muscle twitching in my eyelid the odd time...I wouldn't worry about it unless its been going non stop?

heganboy

after 17 years of contacts and glasses I went and got the laser surgery done last year- feckin' brilliant.
Couldn't give it enough praise, new man, turns out Im even better looking than I thought I was
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

They must have fixed yer snout for free too so. Isnt america great? :D

downgirl

heganboy, did you have to have a constant prescription for a certain number of years before you get it done?

heganboy

Quote from: Puckoon on August 05, 2008, 08:35:23 PM
They must have fixed yer snout for free too so. Isnt america great? :D
Classic, its the 12 chins, they don't look that bad in High definition...

Downgirl, 6 months at 1 prescription, but not that big  variation the previous 6 months
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

downgirl

Oh excellent, think my eyes are stabilising at the moment, my prescription was the same last year as it was the year before, going again at the end of August.  Do you have to be a certain age or anything?