Kildare To Seek Postponement

Started by Real1995, August 04, 2008, 09:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quotewhere did white play on sunday and what number was he?

Named at full-forward, number 28, primarily played between the 2 45s.
#newbridgeornowhere

Armagh Exile

Quote from: Real1995 on August 04, 2008, 09:33:22 PM

RTÉ has learned that Kildare County Board are to seek a postponement of their All-Ireland Football quarter-final against Cork.  The reason for this is that that have played matches on the previous three weekends and their county board feels like they should not have to play on a fourth consecative.

Driving home tonight and i heard this on the radio, personally i dont think that they have a chnace in hell.....and i know lots of counties who would not grumble having to play a match in croker at this time of the year

McGeeney and Grimley are at their "Mind Games" with this request.

Tankie

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 05, 2008, 07:37:58 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 05, 2008, 12:19:52 AM
they were to play on the 9th and they have been planning for that and because two counties kick up Dublin have to move their game!
Dublin complain when they only get 15,000 tickets, now they complain when they get a stand-alone game. There really is no pleasing some.

Dublin said they would rather play a double header if it meant that they got to play on the 9th but the money hungry GAA were having no of that just to please two counties and their RIGHT to play in Croke Park!
Grand Slam Saturday!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tankie on August 05, 2008, 01:59:02 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 05, 2008, 07:37:58 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 05, 2008, 12:19:52 AM
they were to play on the 9th and they have been planning for that and because two counties kick up Dublin have to move their game!
Dublin complain when they only get 15,000 tickets, now they complain when they get a stand-alone game. There really is no pleasing some.

Dublin said they would rather play a double header if it meant that they got to play on the 9th but the money hungry GAA were having no of that just to please two counties and their RIGHT to play in Croke Park!
I dont see the problem ?
A week will give a tyrone side to recover from inj, but they wont be able to compete with dublin anyhow.
A single game in HQ will benefit Dublin fans, as more will get to see it and there will be far more dubs fans there to lift their team.

Uladh

So you're objecting to the GAA granting the joint request of two of the provincial champions over the contrary request of one?

why do you think Dublin should have more influence on fixtures than two other provincial champions put together?

Hound

Dublin only pretended they'd prefer a double bill on the 9th compared to single game on the 16th.

We chanced our arm for a while in the hope of getting a single game on the 9th, but when it came down to it there was no way we would have chosen a double bill over a single bill. It is an inconvenience, but no more than that. And certainly worth it to guarantee a full house with 75% Dubs.

Tankie

Quote from: Uladh on August 05, 2008, 02:32:21 PM

So you're objecting to the GAA granting the joint request of two of the provincial champions over the contrary request of one?

why do you think Dublin should have more influence on fixtures than two other provincial champions put together?

the master fixture list to which Dublin have been training to has Dublin playing on the weekend 9th and 10th and that has been changed to suit to other counties but it does not suit Dublin. Whats the point in publishing a master fixture list if it can be changed that easy?
Grand Slam Saturday!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tankie on August 05, 2008, 02:40:16 PM
the master fixture list to which Dublin have been training to has Dublin playing on the weekend 9th and 10th and that has been changed to suit to other counties but it does not suit Dublin. Whats the point in publishing a master fixture list if it can be changed that easy?
Jeez man, I think that yer being offended rather easily. imo and the opinion in the post above, this single game suits Dublin more and any inconvenience is outweighed by the tailored prep Dubs can do for tyrone in the meantime.

Uladh

well if thats the case they should have played tyrone and dublin in navan this saturday. would that be ok?

Bensars

Yous Dubs are some crowd of whingers. master fixture lists blah blah blah. If tyrone V Mayo had have been a draw last week you would have had to change your plans anyway, so all this BS about boys booking days off etc is a smokescreen.

I never heard so much talk of a master fixture list in all my life. Get on with it and quit your whinging.

Tankie

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 05, 2008, 02:45:30 PM
Jeez man, I think that yer being offended rather easily. imo and the opinion in the post above, this single game suits Dublin more and any inconvenience is outweighed by the tailored prep Dubs can do for tyrone in the meantime.

well to me this year is about one thing for Dublin and that is winning an All Ireland and if only 15k got tickets for a date that suits the team better well that is fine with me (also i am pissed off as I will be away with work on the 16th so I will miss the game which is another reason to be pissed off when you plan these trips with the q/f in mind!)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

Quote from: Uladh on August 05, 2008, 02:47:53 PM

well if thats the case they should have played tyrone and dublin in navan this saturday. would that be ok?

I wouldnt think that Micky 'Play every game in Croke Park' Harte would be too happy with that move!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Uladh

but the dubs would be happy enough?

Galforever

Quotethe master fixture list to which Dublin have been training to has Dublin playing on the weekend 9th and 10th and that has been changed to suit to other counties but it does not suit Dublin. Whats the point in publishing a master fixture list if it can be changed that easy?

What exactly would you have done if you were organising the fixtures?

tyrone86

Quote from: Hound on August 05, 2008, 02:35:59 PM
Dublin only pretended they'd prefer a double bill on the 9th compared to single game on the 16th.

We chanced our arm for a while in the hope of getting a single game on the 9th, but when it came down to it there was no way we would have chosen a double bill over a single bill. It is an inconvenience, but no more than that. And certainly worth it to guarantee a full house with 75% Dubs.

75%? Going on current form in Tyrone I'd envision it will be closer to 90%