Gaillimh-Ciarraí 2008

Started by An Fhairche Abu, August 04, 2008, 04:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

I'm very surprised Fitz isn't on the team. Suppose he'll be a good option off the bench though. I just can't believe Lydon is back on the team - sorry for being blunt but he is simply not good enough. Not an intercounty standard player by any stretch of the imagination.
Galway certainly have nothing to lose - they're being written off by everyone. That idiot waffler Jim Carney as good as suggested the team might as well stay at home this weekend in his so-called "preview" of the game in the Tuam Herald. What a joke of a paper that is by the way. The preview consisting of a single short article full of statistics. Not much of a preview. Joke sports coverage.

Will there be many Galway fans travelling up do ye reckon?Support has been poor this year so far but I know a good few lasds heading up for this one

Kerry Mike

Ciarraí is the name that should be in the subject, fix it or we won't talk to ye and we might let Tommy Walsh and Kieran Donaghy loose on you.

The horse says there may be upto 3 changes on the Kerry team, its delayed being named until tomorrow, waiting to see how Lazarus is going once he throws away the crutches.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Galforever

It is not good to see that Fitz has been left out. A clear sign that he cannot be going well in training. I guess we will eventually see if Bradshaw is up to it in the corner.

I would have chosen Coleman ahead of Lydon too (Or If I was to pick Lydon, Id have Coleman at number 10).

I assume Bane & Breathnach will switch from the start. Can see Coleman being introduced for Brethnach during the game. Would not be surprised to see Mullahy brought on in the forwards if we are not going well there also

mouview

Either way Gal, we're very limited now with what we can bring on, especially in the forwards where Armstrong's absence is in fairness a big loss. Rather surprised Savo wasn't called back in given his good form for Cortoon recently. Even at 3/1 Galway's odds look skimpy, 5/1 or 6/1 would be about right I'd say.

GallBoss

Never rule out Galway if any team is capable of bucking the trend its Galway you heard it here first but Galway won't be a million miles away on Saturday

magickingdom

Quote from: MaroonAndWhite on August 06, 2008, 11:14:09 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on August 06, 2008, 11:04:16 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2008, 12:49:59 PM
Lads, looking forward to this one as an aftermath to the big game when I can relax after Armagh have booked their place in the semis. I do recall the 2002 encounter at the same stage and was amazed that there was hardly a hard tackle or shoulder charge in the game,instead you would have thought it was an exhibition match, and Galway were defending All Ireland Champions as well.

I trust there will be more of a cutting edge on Saturday?

they play football in galway tony, always have and do quite well at it too! i do think kerry will win this one tho as the monaghan game will have brought us on alot. having said that if joyce and co stay on their game for 70 minutes we could be eating humble pie on sunday.

ps tony, wexford have play bad just once this year. just once....

Ah ya ould charmer Magic  ;D Sure we'll give ye a good rattle anyway and see how it goes.

Whats the word on O'Mahony....will he make it? He'd be a huge loss if he was out....best no 6 in Ireland by streets

was i that transparent ;)
best plater in the country imo.. hopefully he'll be fully fit

Kerry Mike

Same team for the Kingdom. Having no luck at the moment with my chats to the horses.

(1) Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle) (2) Padraig Reidy (Scartaglin) (3) Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (4) Tom O'Sullivan (Rathmore) (5) Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) Captain (6) Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore) (7) Killian Young (Renard) (8) Darragh Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (9) Seamus Scanlon (Currow) (10) Tommy Walsh (Kerins O'Rahillys) (11) Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes) (12) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane) (13) Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) (14) Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks) (15) Brian Sheehan (St Mary's)

Subs TBC
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 07, 2008, 12:22:25 AM
Ciarraí is the name that should be in the subject, fix it or we won't talk to ye and we might let Tommy Walsh and Kieran Donaghy loose on you.

The horse says there may be upto 3 changes on the Kerry team, its delayed being named until tomorrow, waiting to see how Lazarus is going once he throws away the crutches.

Nice to see ye are more worried about spelling than the Galway team, have you the hotel booked for the semi-final against Cork yet Mike  ;).
In my defence I was hammered when I started the topic thread, be thankful I didn't title it Gaillimh-na hainmhithe!
Changed it for ya anyway.

Kerry Mike

Quotehave you the hotel booked for the semi-final against Cork yet Mike 

No, like Paul Galvin we fellow Kerrymen are waiting for the final  :P

I will be there on Sat hopefullly. Though the traffic restrictions in Newcastle West after the flooding is going to make a serious dent in whatever travelling support we might muster. Thankfully will be on the Langer train coming up from Cork tomorrow.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

In the Onion Bag

I love the way this thread is going.  Kerry, as ever,  c**k sure and Galway playing the 2nd class poor mouths.

A surprise this weekend is possible.  The 2008 Kerry side has shown weakness that I am not used to from Kerry.  Galway may just be the side to exploit them, if not arma will later.

comethekingdom

From what I have seen of Armagh this year so far - Maybe Wexford could be the ones to exploit Kerry!

GallBoss

Its amazing to see the spread of clubs across the starting 15 for Kerry with An Gaeltacht the only club with with multiple representatives on the starting 15.

mouview

Kerry odds shortening, Galway's lengthening a little. Doesn't make much difference, put everything you have on Kerry tomorrow, there's no earthly way they will lose, absolutely not a hope. Seriously.

SuperDooperCooper

Quote from: mouview on August 08, 2008, 11:53:05 AM
Kerry odds shortening, Galway's lengthening a little. Doesn't make much difference, put everything you have on Kerry tomorrow, there's no earthly way they will lose, absolutely not a hope. Seriously.
Yerra I wouldn't put your money on Kerry in fairness, their is awful trouble in the camp between the the old guard and the young pups. See two can play that game ;).
Can't see a whole pile in it, if Galways forward catch fire they will win. From the stories I am hearing (not KM horse by the way) O'Mahony is not certain to start.
Still No better place for Darragh to set the appearance record than Croker.

mouview

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on August 08, 2008, 12:11:41 PM

Yerra I wouldn't put your money on Kerry in fairness, their is awful trouble in the camp between the the old guard and the young pups. See two can play that game ;).
Can't see a whole pile in it, if Galways forward catch fire they will win. From the stories I am hearing (not KM horse by the way) O'Mahony is not certain to start.
Still No better place for Darragh to set the appearance record than Croker.

Seriously Colm, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that Galway will win tomorrow, I mean it, nada. Maybe if the day's wet it will be a bit of a leveller but that's only grasping at straws I'm afraid. I'm going up on the day purely to enjoy a day out and that's it. I repeat, put everything you own on Kerry amarach.