Gaillimh-Ciarraí 2008

Started by An Fhairche Abu, August 04, 2008, 04:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

The last time a poster from one of the competing counties strongly tipped their opponents I lost a good few pound. I think Galway lads are being too pessimistic here and I'd give ye a decent chance, anyway I won't follow the advice to go heavy on Kerry this time. I will put them in my accumulator though with a more modest wager.

GaillimhIarthair

At best we have a modest chance of pulling something out of the fire.  I just want to see our fellas give it 110% for the 70 odd minutes and if that proves to be good enough tomorrow, well then, happy days.  Its a big ask but i will be there roaring them on in any case. Gaillimh Abú.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mouview on August 08, 2008, 02:35:34 PM
Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on August 08, 2008, 12:11:41 PM

Yerra I wouldn't put your money on Kerry in fairness, their is awful trouble in the camp between the the old guard and the young pups. See two can play that game ;).
Can't see a whole pile in it, if Galways forward catch fire they will win. From the stories I am hearing (not KM horse by the way) O'Mahony is not certain to start.
Still No better place for Darragh to set the appearance record than Croker.

Seriously Colm, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that Galway will win tomorrow, I mean it, nada. Maybe if the day's wet it will be a bit of a leveller but that's only grasping at straws I'm afraid. I'm going up on the day purely to enjoy a day out and that's it. I repeat, put everything you own on Kerry amarach.

Were you one of the pessimistic bunch before the Connacht final as well mouview? Sure enjoy the day out anyway! ;) Seriously, it will be closer than most people think.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Fhairche Abu

Mouview is right to add a dose of realism to proceedings, for Galway to win we need a whole lot of things to go our way during the match, much more so than Kerry do and I don't think you can win a match against top class opposition without a good midfield - it's the biggest piece missing from the Galway team at present.That said there is bound to be one shock result between now and the 21st of September, I'm hoping on the way out of Croke Park at 5.30 we'll be the county that has provided it.

I'll be there in hope more than expectation but if all 15 Galwaymen play well on the day we have a chance to beat anyone, even this Kerry team. If both sides play to potential and form however, it's Kerry by 5 or 6.

Our Nail Loney

was away there, who got the kerry goal?

INDIANA

cracking scores here in contrast to other teams.

dodo

Halftime

Meehan doing whatever damage to the Kerry defence that is on, Lydon and Bane chipping in with a point apiece from play. Kerry look very good, helped in no small manner by the brutal Galway midfield. Matthew Clancy going off injured is a big blow when you consider their injury list. Some shot by Declan O'Sullivan, would've been goal of the year. O'Sullivan and Tommy Walsh doing the damage up front. Fair play to Galway for staying with them.
If Galway can compete better around the middle they'll have a chance.

imtommygunn

Declan O'Sullivan is on fire as is Meehan. If O'Sullivan is left on Meehan he'll get cleaned out.

That Walsh fella is some athlete for the age of him - complete powerhouse.

Barry Cullinane too slow for intercounty football though Hanley one of the best full backs about.

AZOffaly

This game is restoring my faith in football a bit.

dodo

Just a question for the football intelligentsia out there, is Tom O'Sullivan an untouchable on that Kerry team ?

J70

How the hell did the umpire miss that going over the bar? ???

bcarrier

dodo

Terrible shame that when we have the opportunity of watching two good footballing teams the weather makes skillful play near impossible.

Meehan is on fire.

Galway 0-10  Kerry 1-09 after 40 minutes

INDIANA

Hardy

What sort of gobshites are officiating at gaelic games? Seven of them on the pitch and they can't figure out whether the ball went between the posts or not.