Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TirEoghaingodeo

Not sure then, maybe a computer head could help. might be something to do with your server. It's even more impressive second time, and much drier. Heard someone say it's on setanta 2 at 10.30 in the morning, although they've also been known to screw viewers in the north.
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

his holiness nb

Quote from: under the bar on August 17, 2008, 04:46:52 PM
Big Sean was just helping Whelan into retirement.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer fella and hopefully he's still feeling it today.   

Most posts here between Tyrone and Dublin fans have been gracious in victory / defeat, in fact most of this thread is commendable and a good example of how decent fans /posters should conduct themselves after a game.

This post is very dissapointing and not representative of the Tyrone fans I encountered over the weekend or the majority of posters on here.

Ask me holy bollix

Puckoon

HHNB - The same amadan is at it on another thread about Big Joe Kernan - although its bad form, pay no mind to him.

Yes I Would

Super stuff yesterday from Tyrone. Hungrier team, Smarter team and and better team all over the park.

Fitness levels were amazing as well as handling and ball control in difficult conditions.
Dooher was immense as was Mc Ginley & Harte.

As a neutral would love to see them & Kerry going toe to toe in the final.

Pillar stepping down will hopefully refocus these Dublin players, so that they can come back again next year and mount a challenge.

his holiness nb

I wouldnt wish any of the 4 teams left more luck than the other to be honest, may the best team win.
But personally, the potential final that would excite me the most would be Kerry v Tyrone.
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

Still can work out how y'day happened ! But fair dues to them.

saffron sam2

Has to be Mickey Harte's finest hour as a manager. Well done Tyrone.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

orangeman

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 17, 2008, 09:42:59 PM
Has to be Mickey Harte's finest hour as a manager. Well done Tyrone.

I reckon this was his greatest ever triumph !

Puckoon

Setanta will only keep this game on archive for the rest of the year - If any board members have recorded this on DVD, and would be willing to send a copy down to omagh so that It can be brought over to me - Id be very appreciative.

Postage and packaging paid for.

Rufus T Firefly

Sensational performance by Tyrone based on great possession football and support play. They played very difficult conditions perfectly. To my mind all the old questions about Dublin came back to haunt them - riddled with self doubt when things started to go wrong and no leadership on or off the pitch. The more things went wrong, the greater the panic and any semblance of a game plan fell totally apart. Dooher was back to the vintage of 2005 and stood out in a great team performance. However, if I may, special congratulations to club mate Collie Holmes who I thought also had a great game doing a lot of hard work around the middle - maybe less eye catching but vital to the success of the team nontheless.

AN other

Having seen Brian Dooher first hand against both Westmeath and Dublin, if he can produce another performance or two like yesterdays he's well in contention for player of the year. It is a shame though he persists with lying about the place. Every other aspect of his game and attitude is top class, his workrate, his running and his ability to take scores.
Overall I don't think Tyrone are as good as they looked nor are Dublin that bad.

orangeman

Quote from: Puckoon on August 17, 2008, 10:16:24 PM
Setanta will only keep this game on archive for the rest of the year - If any board members have recorded this on DVD, and would be willing to send a copy down to omagh so that It can be brought over to me - Id be very appreciative.

Postage and packaging paid for.

Include me on that one as well please ! Thanks !

omagh_gael

congratuiations to all involved in the Tyrone set up, another great day for us Tyrone Gaels! A performance straight out of the 03 05 vintage, there was so much passion, skill and hair!!!!! Have to say that I predicted a Tyrone win but only by a point never imagined us completly blowin Dublin out of the water! Micky Harte take a bow and I could name 15 man of the matches but that man dooher did it again, on a side note congrats to davey, he's had his detracters all year (including myself) an produced an excellent 70 mins an what a goal! In my opinion two players have made an immeasurable contribution to this years challenge:

1- Enda - his superb performances all year (along with his midfield deputies) have allowed big sean to cause havoc up front and provide a platform for the rest of the forwards to flourish!
2- justy - his settling in at full back has allowed block to do what he does best and man the 40, he has at times this championship had to put out some fires but that just highlights his quality and versatility!

I realise wexford will be a much bigger challenge for this Tyrone team but I'm just thankful that their performance against Armagh showed their  quality and will hopefully eradicate any complacency in our camp!

Just after watching the sunday and was rather surprised to hear no mention of either seans shoulder or wealans punch, must havebeen a directive to focus on the football an leave the handbags to the various other bodies!

On a side note I see o neill is due a bit of shoe lickin,I think it sholfld be posted on YouTube! See Derry v Tyrone thread from earlier in the year!!!!

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2008, 10:57:03 PM
QuoteOn a side note I see o neill is due a bit of shoe lickin,I think it sholfld be posted on YouTube!
How many views will his naked run from Brocagh to Sion Mills get?

It'd be great achievement to combine both. If Tyrone beat Wexford, I'll eat a live mink.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

If Collie Holmes had been named midfield during the week I believe there would have been a lot of complaints. He wasnt good enough in 05 to start and he's not good enough now bla bla. But he stood up again yesterday and played well, playing an important role round the middle. I thought he played an important role in 05 from the bench as well. He's been a great servant to Tyrone over the years. Can he produce it again the next day? In the past he has played one good game followed by a very average one. He'll definately start with the only possible change being PJ Quinn coming into corner back.