Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

The pain is still very raw.

Congratulations to Tyrone who were superb on Saturday and gave Dublin a lesson is every single area of the field. They were hungrier, stronger, quicker and more accurate with their use of the ball. Brian Dooher at 33 years of age was immense.

Dublin need to go back to the drawing board. There is very little coming through from minor and U21 though.

Kentucky Blue

The dublin defence are an absolute laughing stock! They dont understand the concept of marking whatsoever, as good as tyrone were this contributed big time.
McCullough in particular was getting balls in front of his "marker" uncontested and knew he had the time to turn

For the amount of clubs in dublin and ross mc connell is the best full-back they are putting out then they are going nowhere fast!

Unlike pillar, harte had a plan. a tried and tested plan that the players execute to great success. Defenders are well protected and through the middle there is always a man coming off the shoulder. very effective.

EC Unique

Quote from: GallBoss on August 18, 2008, 09:06:47 AM
After all the Davey Harte bashing I've seen on this board over the years with people saying he's only there because Mickey his uncle. I thought he was outstanding the last day and in my mind wasn't far behind Brian Dooher as MOTM.

I agree. Davey has been one of the most consistant footballers Tyrone have had over the last 3 or 4 years. People who call for him and Mickey to be dropped are showing their lack of understanding of the game ::) Wise up and let the best manager the game has ever seen get on with his job and be grateful we have him... >:(

orangeman

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on August 18, 2008, 10:36:36 AM
The dublin defence are an absolute laughing stock! They dont understand the concept of marking whatsoever, as good as tyrone were this contributed big time.
McCullough in particular was getting balls in front of his "marker" uncontested and knew he had the time to turn

For the amount of clubs in dublin and ross mc connell is the best full-back they are putting out then they are going nowhere fast!

Unlike pillar, harte had a plan. a tried and tested plan that the players execute to great success. Defenders are well protected and through the middle there is always a man coming off the shoulder. very effective.

That is my abiding memory of the game - Tommy Mc Guigan sent a ball across the square and there was nobody there -

Davy Harte should never have been allowed to dance through 3 Dublin players and beat the goalie from that distance - Sean Cavanagh shouldn't have been allowed to go the inside route to goal - nobody covered in defence at all.

AZOffaly

Quote from: gerrykeegan on August 18, 2008, 09:51:45 AM
Puckoon and Orangeman. I havent sky + it yet but I can and then burn it to a DVD later. I can only get the Setanata version if thats what you want. PM if you want me to give it a go.

The hurling is on before it if you want that aswell.

gerry, how do you do that?

Zapatista

Any sign of Tankie yet? I'm a little worried about him.

gerrykeegan

AZ I sky plus it and I have a DVD recorder also, overnight then I play the sky + copy and have the DVD set to record at the same time. Its a bit of a pain in the arse but usefull if someone needs a copy. ( I  have 4 request already!)
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

ONeill

Ahem....5 please? You should set up a website with paypal...
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rufus T Firefly

Two of the neighbours are Tyrone supporters and they are not fussed on MH and state that there are many in Tyrone who would like rid.

Can I ask anyone from Tyrone here if this has any truth and if so why, because in my opinion we are talking about an absolutely brilliant manager - Saturday just reiterated that.

Zapatista

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 18, 2008, 11:16:33 AM
Two of the neighbours are Tyrone supporters and they are not fussed on MH and state that there are many in Tyrone who would like rid.

Can I ask anyone from Tyrone here if this has any truth and if so why, because in my opinion we are talking about an absolutely brilliant manager - Saturday just reiterated that.

There are many people who will never admit they are wrong. They have prob been saying this since 2004. I have said it myself before. I was wrong.

ONeill

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 18, 2008, 11:16:33 AM

It's a serious problem in Tyrone, and I suppose every county. I know of highly respected men in terms of their judgement and standing - one of which is a world-renowned Tyronnie in the scientific field - who have absolutely no time for the man and reckon he has simply touched lucky. It's astonishing the resentment people have of those who are successful. Sometimes you're nearly sucked in to that line of thought when things aren't going so well..and then you come out looking foolish.

Mickey is a headstrong and single-minded man. I'd imagine his reluctance to cower to anyone makes him enemies. However, he appears to be successful in all he does.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Quote from: gerrykeegan on August 18, 2008, 11:11:56 AM
AZ I sky plus it and I have a DVD recorder also, overnight then I play the sky + copy and have the DVD set to record at the same time. Its a bit of a pain in the arse but usefull if someone needs a copy. ( I  have 4 request already!)

I have the Sky + as well, but I was wondering how to transfer stuff off it. I have a few things I want to keep that I'd like to take off the disc just in case.

stephenite

Quote from: EC Unique on August 18, 2008, 10:48:10 AM
Wise up and let the best manager the game has ever seen get on with his job and be grateful we have him... >:(

There's absolutley no need to get carried away now - he's a long way to if he's to be considered the best manager the game has ever seen ::)

orangeman

Mickey Harte was on An Domhnach Mor and just dismissed his detractors very diplomatically.

supersarsfields

Well it was a great weekend. Totally surprised by the result. I was hoping for a victory more than expecting. Was glad to see Tyrone getting the two early points as I was dreading Dublin getting of to a flyer and the crowd getting behind them.
Thought the movement from the Tyrone forward line was excellent and a vast improvement on what it had been. McGinley and Holmes got through a mountain of work in Midfield. And the back line looked very composed when under pressure.

I have to say that I was one of the people who had doubts whether or not Davey should be starting. I had just felt that in the Mayo and West meath games that he was a little of the pace and as we're not exactly short of options there, there might have been better options. But I'm glad to say that he surprised me and I was very impressed with his work rate.

I think Alan Brogan going of was a huge loss for Dublin. And after that I think they really struggled to get into the game. Shane Ryan still got through so much work for Dublin but I think he might just lose out on his All star. As stated before the Dublin defence were too far of their men during the game. They couldn't get to grips with the Tyrone forwards at all. And what a finish by Joe. Not bad for a fullback.

Now the unfortunate thing is that I've me bloody holidays booked for the last week in August so need to start trying to look for a good Irish pub in Portugal to watch it!!