Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

with all due respect mike your crowd did a great whinge after your crap performance against monaghan last year. it was all " 6 week breaks" etc. the reality is you were absolutely shite on the day and should have been beaten. So maybe the next time Mike before you post , engage the dormant organ inside your mallet and then post , rather than  posting shite like the above.

orangeman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 04, 2008, 09:11:55 AM
Someone said that on RTE after the match on Sat Dooher said 'we'll have a couple of weeks rest now sure'.
Did he know something we didn't ?

Everybody knew we were getting Dublin - didn't you ?  ;)

Bensars

Was on the Res dubs site and despite all the usual Jackeen bravado the game being put back to the 16th has unsettled them.

INDIANA

not enough for us to get beaten though ;D.
its unfair on the players, i couldn't give a rats ass for the bandwagon dublin supporters who can't get tickets in a double header situation, but the players had all taken days off work next week , now they have to get those changed, now no matter what county you're from thats pretty unfair. People think i'm whingeing, i'm fed up with the dublin football team being used as an economic cash cow by the gaa. Even Keith Duggan said the same lads, so its not paranoia on my behalf. I'd love our county board to tell them to f**k off and insist on playing next saturday, but they won't.

feetofflames

Tyrone have suffered so much at the hands of the Dubs that motivation will not be a problem
Negatives:
84 - Walked all over us
95 and Paddy Russellgate  - Took Tyrones all ireland.  Who ever will forget it.
Batlle of Omagh
Decapitation of Dooher (Parnell Park)

Positives:
The team that Mugsy cant lose to - always fabulous against
The Team that Mugsy scores excpetional goals against

Some might say its Dublins term but heres 5 reasons why Tyrone will win
Jayo could hardly make the dublin team 5 years ago now hes number 11 should bea tough one for Gormley!!!!
Brogan soup - mentally these guys are weak and can be rattled.
Mugsy - Who have Dublin got to mark Mugsy.  Ive seen this guy training recently and he is flying.  Will come into tjis game under the radar. 
Shane Ryan - due a bad game- I think it could all go horrible for him on Saturday week. 
Dublin dont know their best team yet. 

Chief Wiggum

INDIANA

this is the same mugsy who hasn't started a game all season? We're quaking in our boots.Mugsy isn't in the 2005 form and he isn't likely to be in 2 weeks.he was terrific in 2005 but injuries ahve ruined his season and its difficult to see him taking us to the cleaners. O neilll was always the one anyway, an absolute genius who tyrone have never replaced. I always felt O Neill was one of the best forwards of the last 20 years.
Brogan is a top 6 forward in the country, tyrone have no-one currently in that bracket. I'd love to see Tyrone try and rough up Shane Ryan, he'd take great pleasure putting one of them into row x. the man is a force of nature.
Jayo ironically at 33 is better now than he was at 19. strange but thats the way some people develop.

loughshore lad

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2008, 04:10:54 PM
this is the same mugsy who hasn't started a game all season? We're quaking in our boots.Mugsy isn't in the 2005 form and he isn't likely to be in 2 weeks.he was terrific in 2005 but injuries ahve ruined his season and its difficult to see him taking us to the cleaners. O neilll was always the one anyway, an absolute genius who tyrone have never replaced. I always felt O Neill was one of the best forwards of the last 20 years.
Brogan is a top 6 forward in the country, tyrone have no-one currently in that bracket. I'd love to see Tyrone try and rough up Shane Ryan, he'd take great pleasure putting one of them into row x. the man is a force of nature.
Jayo ironically at 33 is better now than he was at 19. strange but thats the way some people develop.

The point about mugsy is spot on and you would get no arguments from me there.  Brogan may be one of the top forwards in the game right now but he will have to be at the top of his game to play well against a Tyrone defence thats is playing pretty well.  Ryan is undoubtedly in great shape but he will be coming up against a very strong and athletic Enda Mcginley who I think will be more than fit for him - their tussle will be intruiging I think.

Rossfan

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2008, 12:02:18 PM
I'd love our county board to tell them to f**k off and insist on playing next saturday,

It would be a biteen difficult seeing as there are 2 other games on and Tyrone wont be turning up till the following Saturday  ::) ::)

Is Dublin's real problem that they wanted to play against some team who'd be out for a 4th weekend in a row? ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

INDIANA

its irrelevent now, we just wanted to play when we were fixed . a lot of the players had booked friday off next week etc etc. You know its easy for us all to bitch about this and that, but its the players who get screwed over. They have lives outside football, the Gaa tends to forget that and its happened to other counties as well.

armaghniac

Quoteits irrelevent now, we just wanted to play when we were fixed

Would you be happy to go an play in Cavan next Saturday then? Croke Pk is being used for other games.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear ón Srath Bán

Mugsy's season in '05 didn't really take off until that goal against Dublin in the first game, and he never looked back from it. Not saying that we're on for a repeat, but Dublin in Croke is definitely Mugsy's favourite tie.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyrone86

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2008, 04:34:23 PM
Quoteits irrelevent now, we just wanted to play when we were fixed

Would you be happy to go an play in Cavan next Saturday then? Croke Pk is being used for other games.

Even Pearse Park would suit Tyrone, sure our Minors are already playing there this Saturday  ;)

Rois

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 04, 2008, 04:36:46 PM
[
Even Pearse Park would suit Tyrone, sure our Minors are already playing there this Saturday  ;)

Longford according to Tyrone website?

Rois

Quote from: hardstation on August 04, 2008, 05:21:04 PM
Quote from: Rois on August 04, 2008, 05:19:39 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on August 04, 2008, 04:36:46 PM
[

Longford according to Tyrone website?
Pearse Park.......Longford.

D'oh - I read Parnell Park for some reason

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility