Attendances today

Started by DUBSFORSAM1, August 02, 2008, 04:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Just curious considering there is a triple header today with teams who would supposedly have large fan bases as to what the attendance is today....it looks from TV as if its no more than maybe 30k

donelli

I predicted taht about 35k would show up today...it doesnt even look near that figure.

tomarrow i would reckon 40-45k (biggest crowd of the 4 will come from monaghan i expect)

armaghniac

if the winners today are involved next week, presumably it will be more tickets for the rest of us.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pintsofguinness

30k today is a disgrace. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardal

Just under 28,000 I hear, 32 to 35,000 needed to break even apparently (did I hear that right, 69 on the hill?)

DUBSFORSAM1

27,384 people attending a triple header game with a Tommy Murphy Final, and 2 games involving Mayo, Tyrone, Wexford & Down - an avg of about 4.5k people per county so no doubt the 2 teams getting through to next weekends qtr-finals will only be looking for 5k tickets!!!!

donelli

yeah, 27k announced on the tv there. And with probably 5000 of that in the premium levels with 'free' tickets, the attendance is terrible.
Very poor turn out. Provincial venues all the way for this stage of the qualifiers (like last year)

Oriel Man

I said it on another post during the week, and i'll say it again "RIDICULOUS DECISION TO STAGE A DOUBLE HEADER AT CROKER FOR THESE GAMES".
Absolutely no atmosphere at the games today.... I'm heading to croker tomorrow, and I expect another diluted atmosphere (Fans coming and going + fans scattered all over the place), although I do think it will be a bigger crowd than today.

Whatever influenced the decision to stage these games at croker; it wasn't in the Fans interest. I really hope the GAA don't break even from either day and start using the provincial stadia. No more double headers at croker!!!!

armaghniac

It also partly reflects the fact that Saturday games for distant counties are not really a success in terms of attendance. That said I would have thought that Down and Tyrone could have rustled up 27000 between them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: Oriel Man on August 02, 2008, 05:05:54 PM
I said it on another post during the week, and i'll say it again "RIDICULOUS DECISION TO STAGE A DOUBLE HEADER AT CROKER FOR THESE GAMES".
Absolutely no atmosphere at the games today.... I'm heading to croker tomorrow, and I expect another diluted atmosphere (Fans coming and going + fans scattered all over the place), although I do think it will be a bigger crowd than today.

Whatever influenced the decision to stage these games at croker; it wasn't in the Fans interest. I really hope the GAA don't break even from either day and start using the provincial stadia. No more double headers at croker!!!!
Eh, Banty was one of the most vocal in pushing for the Monaghan game at Croker.

HowdyDoody

Would the weather today not keep a lot of people away?

Oriel Man

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 02, 2008, 05:41:00 PM

Eh, Banty was one of the most vocal in pushing for the Monaghan game at Croker.

Hey, It's not the first time the i disagreed with Banty.... :)
Monaghan would definately have more of an advantage if the game was held at a provincial venue..... will will have 4 supporters for every Kerry supporter, that would give us a 16th man!!!

take_yer_points

Do you think maybe they were thinking about the players rather than the fans? Its not all about the fans.

Oriel Man

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 02, 2008, 05:58:37 PM

Do you think maybe they were thinking about the players rather than the fans? Its not all about the fans.
I don't think they were thinking about the players either....
Most players would prefer to play in front of 27,000 packed into a provincial venue than 27,000 scattered throughout croke park.

Yes I Would

All future qualifier round threes should be taken the f**k away from Croke Park. That was pathetic today.
First teams drew out should have home adavtage. End off!!