MAJOR ROW IN THE ARMAGH CAMP

Started by sammymaguire, August 01, 2008, 10:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: Bensars on August 01, 2008, 12:40:45 PM
He has had a remarkable record in man marking. In regards to a row it is nothing more than you would expect from 30+ competitive lads all looking to play.

One of the things i will remember mc nulty for is being the first to bring to attention of wider public a need for a rehydration budget for inter county players  ( no tap water here !) . Maybe enda didnt get his required amount of fluids that day and was feelin a bit off !

are you sure that wasn't Geezer and his White Mountain Water... !!!???

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2008/0726/1217013248115.html (good piece this for you Armagh-heads)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

billy the kid

Quote from: Orior on August 01, 2008, 12:11:38 PM
Careful now, those plucky wee Fermanagh men love their fishing... however....

I was very surprised that Kernan replaced Mallon instead of McNulty last Sunday. I didnt think he was exceptional when playing for XMG, but maybe thats based on the semi final defeat in the all-ireland club final.

Anyhow, based on the outcome McDonnell made the right decision. Enda has been around enough to know the score.

Must say I was suprised too. With Fermanagh kicking frees wide as if there was no tomorrow all Enda mc|Nultys fouling wouldnt have mattered.

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

lynchbhoy

my first reaction when I read the title was
'wow - did someone smile ?'  ;) :D

anyhow
Its the managers decision to pick and choose who he feels is in his best interests to augment the side/panel.
McNulty has been there for quite a while and nothing lasts forever. Whether  he was a great player or not, he was there and did his bit.

As for rows caused by this, he is a player and while he doesnt like the managers decision, thats football - and he has no right of reply in this instance - however hard it may be to take and however harsh or ungrateful it might appear. McNulty just has to get over it and get on with it.

Gaaboardmod3

OK everybody. Time to take a bit of a breath in here.

Firstly, smcafee, that remark was totally uncalled for and has been deleted. Please don't post rubbish like that again.

Secondly, sammymaguire and  Travis TO justice, if you can't argue your point in a civil way, then don't bother at all. Please keep personal insults off the discussion boards.

glenullinabu

Quote from: stpauls on August 01, 2008, 12:08:16 PM
Enda was one of the best man markers in his prime, and kept Peter The Great (coughs) quiet on many an occasion, as well as your own Paddy Bradley!! though in saying that, neither of them were the best footballer to come out of that family!!

mcneill was still a much better player imo
who would be your choice of best players in each family

glenullinabu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 01, 2008, 01:52:45 PM
McNulty just has to get over it and get on with it.

exactly - just as hes no longer a favoured one hell have to get over it

stpauls

Quote from: glenullinabu on August 01, 2008, 02:35:49 PM
Enda was one of the best man markers in his prime, and kept Peter The Great (coughs) quiet on many an occasion, as well as your own Paddy Bradley!! though in saying that, neither of them were the best footballer to come out of that family!!

of the families mentioned on the first page?

Uladh

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 01, 2008, 12:16:00 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 01, 2008, 12:03:35 PM
Sammy I see young Mc Cabe was sent off in Latvia last night. Obviously this hasn't been the happiest week in his sporting life ;D

McCabe was dismissed in the dying minutes for hauling down Karlsons which denied the Metalurgs front man the chance of a hat-trick.

at least that won't suspend him for the rest of Fermanagh's campaign  ;) although I don't think he'll be back now as far as I know

no loss as far as i can see

sammymaguire

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on August 01, 2008, 02:35:20 PM
OK everybody. Time to take a bit of a breath in here.

Firstly, smcafee, that remark was totally uncalled for and has been deleted. Please don't post rubbish like that again.

Secondly, sammymaguire and  Travis TO justice, if you can't argue your point in a civil way, then don't bother at all. Please keep personal insults off the discussion boards.

thanks for looking after us mod, I was beginning to feel a bit intimidated but I knew things wouldn't get out of hand, he was getting a bit hot and bothered that Travisty Justice guy so I am sure this little slap on the wrists will make him pipe down a bit.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

glenullinabu

Quote from: stpauls on August 01, 2008, 02:42:24 PM

yes

rrhf

Sandy Hill - theres nothing snide about that at all so wind yer neck in.  I was actually a diversion tactic on what I believe could have been intended as a menacing thread for what its worth.    

stpauls

Quote from: glenullinabu on August 01, 2008, 03:16:24 PM
Quote from: stpauls on August 01, 2008, 02:42:24 PM

yes

Mc Donnell - Peter's brother Toby(?) was a better player than him, though i didn't actually see Peter play that much.
Tierney - Benny was the only one in that family that played.
Mc Nultys - the third brother was a better footballer than the other two, but for the life of me i can't remember his name.
Mc Geeny - Patrick was a naturally better footballer than Kieran, but Geezer worked so much on his game that he is now the better player. the youngest brother was handy enough too from what i remember.

passedit

Major Row

sub gets the hump cos he doesnt get on?

In other news, Bear shits in woods.
Don't Panic

Uladh

Quote from: stpauls on August 01, 2008, 03:20:38 PM
Mc Nultys - the third brother was a better footballer than the other two, but for the life of me i can't remember his name.
Mc Geeny - Patrick was a naturally better footballer than Kieran, but Geezer worked so much on his game that he is now the better player. the youngest brother was handy enough too from what i remember.

Rory McDonnell was the best brother

Paul McNulty - i wouldn't agree with that. Justin was a fine midfielder / centre forward before be was converted to a defender

younger McGeeney brother is declan and is not anywhere near senior club level

brokencrossbar1

Peter din't play that much that I can recall.  Fergal was another good player from that family and Rory.

Paul, Justin's twin, was probably more naturally talented than the others but less interested.  He was dirtier than the other two put together.

Paddy McGeeney was very fast and skillful but enjoyed his life too much.  The priest hood destroyed him as a footballer because it was at that time he was playing his best stuff.  He was only 25 at the time.