MAJOR ROW IN THE ARMAGH CAMP

Started by sammymaguire, August 01, 2008, 10:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Did someone get out of bed on the wrong side this morning Travis???  8)

I feel like I am deep in enemy territory over here at the moment... I'll stay low in the long grass for now. Don't take anything on here to heart, there's a whole wide world out there beyond your computers!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Uladh

Fermanagh's championship preparations are in chaos after a very prominent player was found in an uncompromising position with the girl friend of a team mate.

say no more....

balladmaker

glenullinabu

just think how mark mcneill must feel that the mcnultys were in front of him when big joe was picking the team - they have little to complain about - both very lucky to have played in ai finals never mind havin won 1

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

T Fearon

Sammy I see young Mc Cabe was sent off in Latvia last night. Obviously this hasn't been the happiest week in his sporting life ;D

stpauls

Quote from: glenullinabu on August 01, 2008, 11:59:17 AM
just think how mark mcneill must feel that the mcnultys were in front of him when big joe was picking the team - they have little to complain about - both very lucky to have played in ai finals never mind havin won 1

i would tend to agree that Justin may have been lucky to have won his AI medal, as Armagh did not have a FB of any real quality at that time, though that was until Francie appeared on the scene, but to say Enda was lucky shows a real lack of knowledge, Enda was one of the best man markers in his prime, and kept Peter The Great (coughs) quiet on many an occasion, as well as your own Paddy Bradley!! though in saying that, neither of them were the best footballer to come out of that family!!

Orior

Careful now, those plucky wee Fermanagh men love their fishing... however....

I was very surprised that Kernan replaced Mallon instead of McNulty last Sunday. I didnt think he was exceptional when playing for XMG, but maybe thats based on the semi final defeat in the all-ireland club final.

Anyhow, based on the outcome McDonnell made the right decision. Enda has been around enough to know the score.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

orangeman

Quote from: stpauls on August 01, 2008, 12:08:16 PM
Quote from: glenullinabu on August 01, 2008, 11:59:17 AM

i would tend to agree that Justin may have been lucky to have won his AI medal, as Armagh did not have a FB of any real quality at that time, though that was until Francie appeared on the scene, but to say Enda was lucky shows a real lack of knowledge, Enda was one of the best man markers in his prime, and kept Peter The Great (coughs) quiet on many an occasion, as well as your own Paddy Bradley!! though in saying that, neither of them were the best footballer to come out of that family!!

I would agree with that - he was a great man marker but seems not to be the same player these days - no shame all the same. Was a great one.

sammymaguire

Quote from: T Fearon on August 01, 2008, 12:03:35 PM
Sammy I see young Mc Cabe was sent off in Latvia last night. Obviously this hasn't been the happiest week in his sporting life ;D

McCabe was dismissed in the dying minutes for hauling down Karlsons which denied the Metalurgs front man the chance of a hat-trick.

at least that won't suspend him for the rest of Fermanagh's campaign  ;) although I don't think he'll be back now as far as I know

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

offtheground

Sometimes a 'major row' can be a positive thing .....allows people a chance to air their views / let off steam / get a few things off their chest. e.g Galway at the early start of their campaign in '01. It's hardly the first 'major row' - not even this year in fact ( Kerry for example) and damn sure it'll not be the last.

full back

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 01, 2008, 12:16:00 PM
at least that won't suspend him for the rest of Fermanagh's campaign

:D :D
If Clones scares the sh1te out of your lads, imagine what that CP cauldron will do to your lads...
Fermanaghs campaign wont last beyond this weekend anyway ;)

Bensars

He has had a remarkable record in man marking. In regards to a row it is nothing more than you would expect from 30+ competitive lads all looking to play.

One of the things i will remember mc nulty for is being the first to bring to attention of wider public a need for a rehydration budget for inter county players  ( no tap water here !) . Maybe enda didnt get his required amount of fluids that day and was feelin a bit off !

Jinxy

"Rehydration budget?" Lord save us.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

sammymaguire

m i a o w - get them claws out

ULSTER FINAL or RD 3 Qualifier, very different situations - we, like Armagh will be looking forward to a Q-F next weekend too I am fully sure of that  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!