3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Sandino on February 12, 2010, 09:53:49 AM
just wondering if any of you out there if anyone has the W009 phone from China. I'm not into phones and don;t realy need an iphone but this looks fun and good value for money. Has anyone out there used one of these phones? Are they even worth the money?

A mate of mine has one and he seems to like it. His only gripe with the phone is that he doesn't have access to the App Store.
Testing Accessibility

mountainboii

Is there any way to lock videos and pictures on the iPhone? I've been able to do this on other phones, but there doesn't seem to be a way on this.

ziggysego

Quote from: AFS on February 12, 2010, 05:38:53 PM
Is there any way to lock videos and pictures on the iPhone? I've been able to do this on other phones, but there doesn't seem to be a way on this.

What you mean by lock?
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Just to lock the device itself.

down6061689194

Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 12, 2010, 02:19:48 PM

Sales of snack sausages are up 40% in South Korea thanks to the iPhone.

In the cold of winter, South Koreans are using the sausages as styluses instead of taking off their gloves. That's one accessory we don't expect to turn up in the Apple store anytime soon.

I don't know about their sausages, but their meat balls are the dogs bollocks.

http://www.topiphoneresource.info/best-iphone-gloves/

Or even beter
http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-A-Glove-Work-With-A-Touch-Screen/

I think ill thread a bit of that in the ski gloves.

Sandino

Ziggy the phone that your mate got do it work with wifi. Thats about the one thing I would want that would be of use to me. If it  had other features that the iphone has that would be a benefit.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Minder

I was lookig at one of them last night, it said "mini" on it & it was a heap of shite.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Quote from: Sandino on February 12, 2010, 07:09:39 PM
Ziggy the phone that your mate got do it work with wifi. Thats about the one thing I would want that would be of use to me. If it  had other features that the iphone has that would be a benefit.

Never said it didn't work on wifi, just that it doesn't have an App Store. It was someone else that said it doesn't have wap.
Testing Accessibility

mountainboii

Quote from: Puckoon on February 12, 2010, 06:51:36 PM

Nah. I mean putting a wee pin code on the videos and pics section or something. It was possible to do this with the last two Samsungs I had. It's handy if someone wants to play about with the phone, but you don't want them seeing one or two of the dodgy videos from your student carry out days.

Minder

Quote from: AFS on February 12, 2010, 07:15:50 PM

Nah. I mean putting a wee pin code on the videos and pics section or something. It was possible to do this with the last two Samsungs I had. It's handy if someone wants to play about with the phone, but you don't want them to see one or two dodgy videos from your student carry out days.

Don't think that is possible. One thing I don't like about the videos/photos is it doesent tell you when they were taken.

Edit- Just googled it there AFS and you can do it if Iphone is jailbroken.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sandino

My mistake Ziggy, it was Gerry that did not have the wap. Does it work OK on your mates phone?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

ziggysego

Quote from: Sandino on February 12, 2010, 07:20:01 PM
My mistake Ziggy, it was Gerry that did not have the wap. Does it work OK on your mates phone?

Worked ok for him.
Testing Accessibility

down6061689194

Any views on Jailbreaking?

I'm quite happy with my phone, maybe I'd like a different keyboard and a few of the free apps.

I've read varying reports about the legalities and warranty issues.

mountainboii

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2010, 07:17:41 PM
Quote from: AFS on February 12, 2010, 07:15:50 PM

Nah. I mean putting a wee pin code on the videos and pics section or something. It was possible to do this with the last two Samsungs I had. It's handy if someone wants to play about with the phone, but you don't want them to see one or two dodgy videos from your student carry out days.

Don't think that is possible. One thing I don't like about the videos/photos is it doesent tell you when they were taken.

Edit- Just googled it there AFS and you can do it if Iphone is jailbroken.

Cheers Minder. Looks like I'll just have to tell anyone wanting a look at it to f**k off.

Doire abú

is there a way of getting sky sports on the iphone? seen someone watchin live football on their phone the other day, was just wondering if u can do it on th iPhone? checked the app store buy it's not there.