3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

Got one yesterday, now have to figure out how to use it.

Now having to convert all my songs to be compatible with the iphone which is a pain in the ass.

Santino

Is there any simple way youtube works on an iphone without being at a wifi spot?
Thanks in advance!

imtommygunn

Is the youtube viewer not compatible with 3g?? Don't have an iphone but am surprised by that...

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 23, 2010, 03:17:57 PM
Is the youtube viewer not compatible with 3g?? Don't have an iphone but am surprised by that...

It is but the quality is poor.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mountainboii

Apologies if this has been asked before, and it probably has, but is it worth shelling out extra to go for the 32GB version? Is the extra storage space only really useful if you want to throw a load of songs or whatever onto it?

Santino

Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2010, 03:21:01 PM

If i get it jailbroken would that help view youtube anytime anywhere?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Santino on January 23, 2010, 03:36:24 PM

Surely the signal received ie wifi or 3g is the limiting factor rather than the iPhone?0

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 23, 2010, 03:57:23 PM
Quote from: Santino on January 23, 2010, 03:36:24 PM

Surely the signal received ie wifi or 3g is the limiting factor rather than the iPhone?0

No if it is jailbroken there is an app called 3G unrestrictor (I think that's what it's called) that tricks the iPhone into believing it is receiving a WiFi signal even though it is only 3g. Dunno how that works.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Just reading about this on this link...

http://mikecane2008.wordpress.com/2008/07/19/whats-happened-to-youtube-on-iphone-3g/

Seems that the youtube app determines what connection - you'd have thought by measuring latency. What minder says will fudge this into believing it's wifi. Given wifi can be fudged would suggest it's not that intelligent the way the app detects the network connection as an application won't speed up your network. Must be some lower level parameter which can be set...

Anyway, sorry that's the computer geek in me coming out... If you've a jailbroken one do what minder says otherwise you're scuppered.

Doire abú

Can I not upload songs off two different computers to an iPhone?

Two computers in the house. I put all the songs I wanted off iTunes on one computer one onto the iPhone, but I tried to add songs from iTunes on another computer but it won't let me. Any way around this?

new devil

Put songs from 1 computer onto your iphone...download idump which will transfer your songs from iphone onto the other computer so you can then have all the songs on the 1 computer..don't know if there is an easier way to do it  :-\

Doire abú

thanks i'll give it a try!

Doire abú

keep gettin an error message saying "make sure your iPod is connected and appears as a drive, click on my computer to locate your iPod".        ???

Harold Disgracey

How do you set a song as a ringtone?

Archie Mitchell

You have to download songs as .m4r format.

Try this website: http://audiko.net/

You can download whats already there, or import your own file and choose a section of the song, then import it into iTunes, then drag onto phone like you would with songs, videos etc.