3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 03, 2009, 12:42:34 PM
This is irrelevant but i couldn't be bothered starting a new thread...

I need a new Pay & Go simcard as the one I have is permanently damaged. I've ordered a new one but how do I go about changing it to my original mobile number? And also will I keep my original balance? Checked O2 website but can't find anything  ???

Done that a few times rang them up and they sent me out a "SIM replacement pack". It's no great hassle for them and it doesn't cost anything.

Have to say it REALLY does my head in when people who lose their phone all the time go get a new number... there's no need for it and it's a torture trying to keep track. Laziness is all it is and there' no excuse.

Rant over sorry!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on November 27, 2009, 11:31:00 PM
Quote from: flantheman82 on November 27, 2009, 11:26:17 PM
I tried tosearch for runkeeper and those 'autofill' suggestions came up but the search actually came up blank.
The armband looks the business. Is there anyway of skipping songs without touching the screen?

Nah, you would be better having a "playlist" of selected songs so you don't have to change them.

I typed in "run" there and it is the second one in the autofill list. Google runkeeper on iphone and on their website there is probably a link to take you to it on app store.

Can you not just shake the iphone when in shuffle mode to change songs  ??? ,I know it would make you look a bit spastic if you had it strapped to your arm though..  :D

Btw Minder that Runkeeper is a brilliant brilliant app,I have used it a lot the last week when out cycling...
Any idea though if the speed at the end is your average speed or the fastest speed you went?
I love the way it shows me the map and distance/time
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 01:57:25 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 27, 2009, 11:31:00 PM
Quote from: flantheman82 on November 27, 2009, 11:26:17 PM
I tried tosearch for runkeeper and those 'autofill' suggestions came up but the search actually came up blank.
The armband looks the business. Is there anyway of skipping songs without touching the screen?

Nah, you would be better having a "playlist" of selected songs so you don't have to change them.

I typed in "run" there and it is the second one in the autofill list. Google runkeeper on iphone and on their website there is probably a link to take you to it on app store.

Can you not just shake the iphone when in shuffle mode to change songs  ??? ,I know it would make you look a bit spastic if you had it strapped to your arm though..  :D

Btw Minder that Runkeeper is a brilliant brilliant app,I have used it a lot the last week when out cycling...
Any idea though if the speed at the end is your average speed or the fastest speed you went?
I love the way it shows me the map and distance/time

Well your average speed would be distance divided by time so if matches that formula then its your average speed, otherwise would be something different.

Ulick

Got myself a HTC HD2 the other day. Must say, it makes the iPhone look like Plunkett Donaghy's mullet.

Candyman

Quote from: Ulick on December 08, 2009, 06:41:35 PM
Got myself a HTC HD2 the other day. Must say, it makes the iPhone look like Plunkett Donaghy's mullet.

Toying with this idea myself, u not find it a bit too big though?

Ulick

Nah it feels just right after an hour or two but I'm used to using PDAs anyway. It's a lot more configuarble than the iPhone, the processor slaughters the iPhone. Has Windows Mobile 6.5 on it but that's due to go to WM7 early in the new year.

lurganblue

having a bit of a problem with my iphone at the min.  I recently got a new BT homehub in the house for wireless.  I got the iphone connected to it and all was going nicely for a few weeks.  The last couple of days i havent been able to connect to the wireless anymore, and ive tried putting the WEP key in a few times. just wont work?

The wireless still works for PS3 and for the laptop. does this sound like an iphone problem or a BT problem?

Archie Mitchell

If the wireless works for laptop and PS3 then it is a problem with the iPhone. Try and do a restore on the iPhone to see if it makes any difference.

lurganblue

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 15, 2009, 01:35:28 PM
If the wireless works for laptop and PS3 then it is a problem with the iPhone. Try and do a restore on the iPhone to see if it makes any difference.

it does however connect to other wireless devices and BT openzone etc will a restore delete stuff?

The Real Laoislad

You sure the wireless ON button is selected in settings?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

imtommygunn

Usually on the admin web-page for your router you can see what's connected - have you tried looking there?

Is it definitely WEP key and nothing like MAC address filtering setup?

Archie Mitchell

If you connect to iTunes, and sync your phone, it will back it up. If you do a restore it will wipe everything and then restore all the data from the backup.

Rois

My wireless option has completely turned off - can't select it to "on" or anything in settings.  Going to try a restore tonight then.  Need a new phone - anyone want to sell me their old one if they're upgrading?  Bits are falling off the cracked screen on a daily basis. 

Treasurer

I've had it a couple of weeks now and generally like it.  I miss my 5mp camera with flash on the N95 and I'll never be able to text without looking again, but overall I like it a lot.

lurganblue

So at the min I can connect to the wireless but it does nothing. Safari won't work and neither will apps like facebook etc however when I switch wireless off, it all works again but slowly as no 3g available.

Might have to try this restore craic alright. Strange that it was working well this time last week