3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

take_yer_points

I'm going to install it straight away (although I assume it'll be slow as a high number of people are going to be downloading at once).

I think to get the update you need to connect your iphone to itunes and click on "Check for update"

Rois

Hmmm that will explain why nothing happened when I plugged it in at 7.30am this morn. 

muppet

Just got a text from O2 saying it will be launched 'this evening'. No exact time though.
MWWSI 2017

Archie Mitchell

Anyone update yet? Have the software downloaded but cant get it installed. Think the server too busy.

ziggysego

Where is the software? Looked all over iTunes and the Apps Store.
Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ziggysego on June 17, 2009, 08:45:09 PM
Where is the software? Looked all over iTunes and the Apps Store.

Open your iTunes, connect your iPhone and under Version click the update button. It will then download and install if you can get connected to the server. If you don't get connected the first time, keep clicking the Update button and it will try and install.

Got connected to server after trying for about 5 minutes and currently installing now. Should take about 10-15 minutes to install.

ziggysego

Thanks Archie, a saint and scholar.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Anyone else getting the new one on Friday? Cant wait, will not be a sad ba*tard queuing up in the morning though........The O2 shops open at 9.02am......Clever
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Minder on June 17, 2009, 09:07:35 PM
Anyone else getting the new one on Friday? Cant wait, will not be a sad ba*tard queuing up in the morning though........The O2 shops open at 9.02am......Clever

That's nearly as sad as you. If you went to the Apple shop or a Carphone Warehouse would they not open at 9am?

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 17, 2009, 09:13:41 PM

That's nearly as sad as you. If you went to the Apple shop or a Carphone Warehouse would they not open at 9am?

Harsh

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Minder on June 17, 2009, 09:16:08 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 17, 2009, 09:13:41 PM

Harsh

:D

ziggysego

*sighs*

Haven't synched my iPhone in a while. Took a long time. Now I have to download the latest version of iTunes, if I want 3.0. As well as that, the iMac is now updating all the latest bits of software for the computer. Gonna be a long night, hope it's worth it.
Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ziggysego on June 17, 2009, 09:24:05 PM
*sighs*

Haven't synched my iPhone in a while. Took a long time. Now I have to download the latest version of iTunes, if I want 3.0. As well as that, the iMac is now updating all the latest bits of software for the computer. Gonna be a long night, hope it's worth it.

School boy error Ziggy. You should have been prepared for this.

Minder, have you had an iPhone before? If not, it might be worth while getting all your contacts into Outlook or gmail or something. So once you get it, you can sync and away you go rather than having to type in all your phone numbers manually.

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 17, 2009, 09:54:14 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 17, 2009, 09:24:05 PM
*sighs*

School boy error Ziggy. You should have been prepared for this.

Minder, have you had an iPhone before? If not, it might be worth while getting all your contacts into Outlook or gmail or something. So once you get it, you can sync and away you go rather than having to type in all your phone numbers manually.

No i havent had one before, i was going to put them into Bluebook on the O2 site.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Minder on June 17, 2009, 10:03:20 PM

No i havent had one before, i was going to put them into Bluebook on the O2 site.

I dont know if that will work or not. I just send all my contacts from phone via bluetooth to laptop, added them into outlook and when connected iPhone up for first time, chose Outlook to sync from. I think you can use gmail to add contacts with.