favourite/best nicknames???

Started by kinghen, July 29, 2008, 03:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

There was a teacher in school whos nickname was Iron Balls, He was at hurling training one day and the sliother wacked him in the balls, never flinched, so Iron Balls was invented
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

kinghen

was looking for the pic from the simpsons with people that look like things, mind someone saying about a fella called pumpkin head???

kinghen

this is what the girl on my bus "tea-pot" looked like: (only she was a girl)

The Iceman

know a lad called "budgie"
he once tried to jump over a moving car when he was drunk and got seriously injured - he ended up having to wear one of those head and neck cages to support his head and broken neck - like a budgie cage
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 23, 2008, 04:45:42 PM
There was a teacher in school whos nickname was Iron Balls, He was at hurling training one day and the sliother wacked him in the balls, never flinched, so Iron Balls was invented

Caretaker in my School used to gangle his big bunch of keys in his pocket....Hence the name brass balls!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

fitzroyalty

I know a lad called Hiddy, short for Hideous.

Hurler on the Bitch

Boy I went to school with was called 'Arse F**ker" - owns a hairdressers now. Can't see why?

ziggysego

We call our friend Mint, because his surname's Murray.
Testing Accessibility

Ulick

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on September 23, 2008, 06:46:01 PM

Caretaker in my School used to gangle his big bunch of keys in his pocket....Hence the name brass balls!

Did the same man not become 'Golden Balls' after a lottery win?

illdecide

Quote from: Ulick on May 16, 2011, 10:32:44 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on September 23, 2008, 06:46:01 PM

Did the same man not become 'Golden Balls' after a lottery win?

Was that Brass balls Billy (McConville)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Eamonnca1

I can yell you a handful from around Lurgan.

Shep - After John Noakes' old shaggy dog because of his appearance.

John the Baptist - Similar sort of reason. Long hair and beard, not the cleanest.

Big D and Wee D - both are called Damien. One of them called our house one night and left a message for one of our ones, said it was Damien.  Took us a while to figure out it was one of the Ds since they were never called by their real names most of the time.

Big Ted and Wee Ted - Two brothers - when they were younger there was a big difference in size between them.  Not anymore there isn't, Wee Ted is probably taller, but the names have stuck.

Moon - Dunno how he got that name, but his brother ended up with the name Sun.

The Red - His second name is Devlin so it goes well with that and because of his reddish complexion and red hair.

You could probably start a separate thread for the nicknames for teachers.

Boaker - As in "he who boaks/vomits" - he tells sick jokes

JJ and AJ - A husband and wife pair of teachers at the same school, that was their initials.  JJ was also known as Toad because of his stout appearance and big glasses.

Grasshopper - He was tall and lanky

Noddy - An old name for a fella that used to drive a wee blue and yellow motor.  Fell out of use once people got too old to remember that childrens' TV show.

Fat C0ck - He was fat so it was assumed his member was the same

Scratcher - He couldn't stop scratching himself

Beefer - His brother owned a butcher's shop in the town

Jack Russell - That was is real surname and his voice sounded a bit like the bark of a small yappy dog

Butley - Damned if I know where that came from.  He was a headmaster and had been around since the school was opened, so the origin of the name is probably forgotten

Squeaky - A young trainee teacher with a high pitched voice

James Bond / The Equalizer -  A fella who was in love with himself and loved strutting around like he was a suave secret agent

The Saint - The terrifying nun headmistress and had eyes that could freeze the blood in your veins

The Mad Monk - Another nun. The name says it all.  She was bonkers.

Some people will probably be able to guess what schools I was at if you can recognise any of them names.

Radda bout yeee

The favourite one i've heard around my club is Slimer - as in the ghost from ghostbuster!!! It really caught on to the lad!

illdecide

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 16, 2011, 11:20:46 PM
I can yell you a handful from around Lurgan.

Shep - After John Noakes' old shaggy dog because of his appearance.

John the Baptist - Similar sort of reason. Long hair and beard, not the cleanest.

Big D and Wee D - both are called Damien. One of them called our house one night and left a message for one of our ones, said it was Damien.  Took us a while to figure out it was one of the Ds since they were never called by their real names most of the time.

Big Ted and Wee Ted - Two brothers - when they were younger there was a big difference in size between them.  Not anymore there isn't, Wee Ted is probably taller, but the names have stuck.

Moon - Dunno how he got that name, but his brother ended up with the name Sun.

The Red - His second name is Devlin so it goes well with that and because of his reddish complexion and red hair.

You could probably start a separate thread for the nicknames for teachers.

Boaker - As in "he who boaks/vomits" - he tells sick jokes

JJ and AJ - A husband and wife pair of teachers at the same school, that was their initials.  JJ was also known as Toad because of his stout appearance and big glasses.

Grasshopper - He was tall and lanky

Noddy - An old name for a fella that used to drive a wee blue and yellow motor.  Fell out of use once people got too old to remember that childrens' TV show.

Fat C0ck - He was fat so it was assumed his member was the same

Scratcher - He couldn't stop scratching himself

Beefer - His brother owned a butcher's shop in the town

Jack Russell - That was is real surname and his voice sounded a bit like the bark of a small yappy dog

Butley - Damned if I know where that came from.  He was a headmaster and had been around since the school was opened, so the origin of the name is probably forgotten

Squeaky - A young trainee teacher with a high pitched voice

James Bond / The Equalizer -  A fella who was in love with himself and loved strutting around like he was a suave secret agent

The Saint - The terrifying nun headmistress and had eyes that could freeze the blood in your veins

The Mad Monk - Another nun. The name says it all.  She was bonkers.

Some people will probably be able to guess what schools I was at if you can recognise any of them names.

St Paul's ;)

Can you not remember Hitler = Mr Simpson, he was a bad bastid
Yellow Balls = Catney, Damian the Down man Catney actually had a yellow mark that ran down his back to his sack
Ding Dong = Mrs Bell
Action Man = McAnallen
Bendy = Maguire, think he was bent
Claypole = Scullion, looked like Claypole from rentaghost
Baldy benny = Thornberry, just a baldy bastid
Pat the Bear = flanaghan, this fella was built like a bear and as cross as one too
Judge = McMorrow, he'd tight curly grey hair like a Judge
Perfume Wagon = Mrs Gallagher, never got her myself but the name says it all
Billy brass Balls = Billy McConville the caretaker
Concorde = Can't even remember his name but he'd a nose like Concorde
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

HeaveHo

Australian rugby captain John Eales was called Nobody as in "nobody's perfect".

ThroughTheLaces

A fella I used to work with went to school with two brothers who were farmers and often had a bit of a smell coming off them. They simply called them 'Stink One' and 'Stink Two'.

:D
The apple never falls far from the tree.