Qualifier Predictions (Round 3)

Started by MayoMan, July 27, 2008, 10:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

monaghan are a good team but they are playing the 2 in a row champions. Not some run of the mill outfit. Monaghan have a chance, but its a slim one. If Kerry play to their potential they will win, simple as that. Monaghan have to play better than they did last year to win, thats the reality, only they can answer whether they are capable of it.
I can't see down losing to wexford, wexford have a problem at midfield and down will make shite of their backs.

Fermanagh v kildare, hard to call. Probably a low scoring dour affair. fermanagh don;t score much but take john doyle out of the equation and neither do kildare.hesitant vote to fermanagh but with no real confidence.

tyrone v mayo - probably likely to be the best game of football. think mayo could sneak it unless tyrone improve hugely. if o mahoney picks the right team. just think mayo have more up front. as i said before without o neill and a fit mulligan tyrone are lacking up front.

Down Gael

Mike maybe you have been watching too many Ulster finals lately. There is a lot of negative football in Ulster, far too much in fact, but Down with their paltry 5 All Irelands play football. No pulling, no dragging, no off the ball hits or hatchet men. We play football like it is supposed to be played, we`ve shown Kerry how its supposed to be played on one or two ocassions down the years  ;)

Maguire01

Tyrone
Down
Fermanagh
Monaghan

4 Ulster here as well. Monaghan is the highest risk i'd imagine, but the belief will be there from the start this year and the panel is definitely stronger than this time last year. Assuming 3 weeks in a row isn't too much, i'd go for a narrow win.

Mid Mon

I'm gonna go with the 4 Ulster teams. Mayo will push Tyrone and everyone on the Monaghan team will need to put in a top performance to beat Kerry, but i feel these guys have it in them and we wont be going down without a fight!!!

Can't wait till Sunday!!!

D4S

Tyrone
Down
Kildare
Monaghan

Really hope Im wrong about the Fermanagh-Kildare result but I think Fermanagh will not be able to lift themselves to the same intensity after the 2 ulsterfinals.  I was at both games and was willing them on but jesus there's no excuse for not being able to convert very scoreable frees at this level.  Their lack of a key target man who can take a score such as Bradley, Coulter, Cooper is also a major worry.  Hope I'm wrong but I think there will only be 4 ulster teams in the last 8!  If Dan Gordon's ridiculous red card is overturned I can't see us getting beat!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

sammymaguire

Quote from: D4S on July 29, 2008, 02:47:19 PM
Tyrone
Down
Kildare
Monaghan

Really hope Im wrong about the Fermanagh-Kildare result but I think Fermanagh will not be able to lift themselves to the same intensity after the 2 ulsterfinals.  I was at both games and was willing them on but jesus there's no excuse for not being able to convert very scoreable frees at this level.  Their lack of a key target man who can take a score such as Bradley, Coulter, Cooper is also a major worry.  Hope I'm wrong but I think there will only be 4 ulster teams in the last 8!  If Dan Gordon's ridiculous red card is overturned I can't see us getting beat!

boooo hiiisssssss!!! fair enough comments though D4S, the doubts are there for all Fermanagh fans but we have the faith these boys have bounebackability, like a Phoenix from the flames - sorry for the soccer terminology - boo hiss to that eh?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

GalwayBayBoy

Mayo - Just have a felling they will sneak this one although it could go either way
Down - Think this will be a lot closer than many think but Down to come through
Fermanagh - To shade Kildare in a dour game
Kerry - Hard to back against a wounded animal but could be as close as last year

D4S

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 29, 2008, 02:51:40 PM

boooo hiiisssssss!!! fair enough comments though D4S, the doubts are there for all Fermanagh fans but we have the faith these boys have bounebackability, like a Phoenix from the flames - sorry for the soccer terminology - boo hiss to that eh?

What a word, just slightly too long for countdown but they need to get it into the dictionary!
As I said hope I'm wrong but Kildare will be getting more confident whith each game and McGeeney will have them really well focused at this stage, will be tight but I can't see Fermanagh getting the scores on the board.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

GaillimhIarthair

Tyrone - cannot see Mayo winning this without McGarrity and T Mort
Down - by a couple of points and possibly comfortably enough if Dan is available
Kildare - to scrape through in a  very low scoring contest where they will play Galway in the AIQF  ;)
Kerry - just.................................

Oriel Man

Tyrone to beat Mayo; Tyrone's two recent games Vs Mayo's 3 week lay-off + disappointment in Connacht Final

Down to beat Wexford
; Easiest prediction here; Down on a Roll (albeit against weak opposition) Vs Wexford's collapse in Leinster Final.

Kildare to beat Fermanagh
; Kildare momentum Vs Fermanagh Disappointment

Monaghan to beat Kerry
; Completely heart ruling head here!!! Head says, Kerry is a wounded animal, with many points to prove, and some of the finest players ever to grace a Football field. Heart says, Muineachán Abú

D4S

Hope the Ulster support will support each other this weekend in Croke Park.  I'd say the Fermanagh and Monaghan fans probably will, hope the Down and Tyrone fans do the same,  I know I would definitely like to see all four ulster teams progress this weekend!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: D4S on July 29, 2008, 03:51:31 PM
Hope the Ulster support will support each other this weekend in Croke Park.  I'd say the Fermanagh and Monaghan fans probably will, hope the Down and Tyrone fans do the same,  I know I would definitely like to see all four ulster teams progress this weekend!

Is it the Railway cup or something this weekend?

The Ulster mutual admiration society out in force or something?

D4S

I'd just love to see 5 ulster teams in the last 8 to sicken the anti-ulster crew.  It is far and away the most competitive provincial championship, and the best teams in the country deserve to be in the quarter finals.  We may not be in everyones top 8 in the country but we deserve to be there if we beat Wexford this Saturday....Although I would like to add that if Armagh were playing this weekend after Down I would want them to get beat ;D  The Ulster love can only cross so many county boundaries I wouldn't have enough left for our nearest neighbours ;)

billy the kid

Quote from: Oriel Man on July 29, 2008, 03:32:31 PM

Monaghan to beat Kerry[/u]; Completely heart ruling head here!!! Head says, Kerry is a wounded animal, with many points to prove, and some of the finest players ever to grace a Football field. Heart says, Muineachán Abú

Have to admire your honesty there Oriel and i dont think to many on here could fault you for letting your heart decide and sure isnt that what makes the GAA so great - Our heart and souls are in it.

Would love to see 5 ulster teams in the last 8 but dont think it will happen.  Fancy Tyrone and Down to join Armagh and if Fermanagh can get over their efforts of the last couple of weeks they could join them also.

However Monaghan are going to be playing a Kerry team with a point to prove and there is nothing more dangerous in Gaelic Football.  Also Monaghans element of suprise is gone from last year and Kerry wont be anywhere near as rusty as last year.  Hope Im wrong but think Kerry by a few points.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

magpie seanie